[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys know of any brands that focus on really clean, high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4
Do you guys know of any brands that focus on really clean, high quality basics? The problem is i'm in Europe, otherwise i'd have gone for something like Reigning Champ.
>>
Don't know have RC in like END. or tres bien?

>Wings + Horns
>Attachment (Kazuyuki) - kind of
>T by Wang - a bit overpriced
>>
APC
>>
Merz b. Schwanen and sunspel.
>>
Acne Studios
>>
>>11117810
Sunspel
>>
how much is apc in europe? our prices in america reflect duties and things, but is it a bit more affordable over there?
>>
>>11117881
yeah, uk here, END and ssense stock A.P.C and it's very affordable imo. they distribute out of paris
>>
>>11117870
acne is medium tier quality and overpriced as fuck

you don't know what you're talking about
>>
reminder that APC and Acne aren't worth their 'quality basics' aside from their jeans, everything is an overpriced 'basic' you can find at some other brand/retailer for way less and similar quality. If you still want their basics, which I don't recommend simply because it's too big a price tag for a basic and you'd be better off buying other things without hurting your wallet as much, go ahead. T by Wang is slightly overpriced but they're pretty decent, Attachment is a bit more out there in terms of aesthetics but they're quality pieces, don't know much about Wings + Horns but they seem alright. as always, Uniqlo is the best bang for your buck, but if you can't get them anywhere nearby or online, see what you can do with those other places these guys recommend.
>>
>>11117895
then with this in mind, OP you should buy APC
Sandro is another Paris based brand but i'm not sure if they make what you're looking for.
>>
http://www.handvaerk.com/
>>
>>11117905
>uniqlo is the best bang for your buck
hi /r/mfa in 2012
their quality has dropped a massive amount recently too lmao
>>
>>11117905
apc and acne are not worth it at retail in america
uniqlo quality is not great
a lot of terrible seams on their supima tees
>>
>>11117833
Isn't APC supposed to be shit quality?
>>
>>11117810
There are some RC retailers. Otherwise you can still order from their website. Prices are in CAD so if you order two things it's alright. It's shipped via DHL express so it will arrive within a week (took two days for my last order). DHL will however also pay your customs so there is no way for your package to slip though.
>>
>>11118000
just get the collabs, I probably should've clarified that. The Undercover x Uniqlo stuff is god-tier quality. nice trips.
>>
>>11117810
Roca Mora
>>
>APC
>100e for t-shirt

I'll just run back to HM I guess
>>
>>11118079
If you don't mind me asking in which country do you live? Thinking of placing a pretty big order, so customs probably aren't going to be fun.
>>
>>11118086
Link?
>>
>>11117901
i had one of their basic tshirts and it's still the comfiest tshirt i've ever owned. i've also heard alot of good things about their jeans but never owned a pair.
>>
I have some pieces from LVC which have amazing quality and can be found pretty cheap 2nd hand.
>>
Jack & Jones
>>
>>11117830
I second W+H, though I think just having RC shipped from the US would still be better, especially if i. was nabbed on grailed/ebay/etc.

Also, >>11117851 these are also great options.
>>
File: 1457737335542.jpg (24 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1457737335542.jpg
24 KB, 400x225
>>11118403
>>
>>11118403
lol
>>
File: 1452232014147.jpg (25 KB, 300x371) Image search: [Google]
1452232014147.jpg
25 KB, 300x371
>>11117810
>the problem is I'm in Europe.
>the problem
You must be really fucking retarded if you can't find good quality basic clothing from Europe which is the center of the world when it comes to fashion.
>>
Is Everlane actually good or are they just lying to me?
>>
>>11118683
they just aren't charging you as much as they could
>>
I get my shirts from Finisterre

They're expensive but they're made in Europe and they're Merino wool so they're cosy and you can wear them over and over.
>>
>>11117810
you're doing it wrong. you go cheap on basics, fuck quality. you could get 10 H&M basic shirts for the cost of 1 "high end basic". you're not paying for anything but the name.
brush up on how to take care of your clothes and get something cheap and well fitting. save money. put it towards high end closet staples instead
>>
Everlane seems decent.
>>
Norse Projects has p good basics
>>
>>
>>11118882
Too much thing going on/patterns/unique materias to make it a "basic" besides their tees although i do agree, their stuff is great
>>
Camber but enjoy the the month turnaround time
But fuck their stuff is nice for the price
>>
>>11119047
>Camber

this place?
http://www.camberusa.com/

what do you get from here?
>>
>>
>>11119085
Hoodies, tees, and crewnecks
>>
>>11118683

I will find out, I ordered three t-shirts from Everlane yesterday for $45. Going to grab a t-shirt from Nudie also, the cuts seem decent. Nudies t-shirts are ~$45 each.
>>
>>11119139

https://www.nudiejeans.com/selection/tees#page=4
>>
>>11119139
>https://www.nudiejeans.com/selection/tees#page=4
copped a nudie tee the other day, feels alright
>>
>>11119139
>>11119145

also i just found out they're made in india aka poo in the loo. probably will still try one. i've been wearing american apparel and supreme hanes t-shirt
>>
>>11119152

what cut did you get?
>>
>>11119157
https://www.nudiejeans.com/product/raw-hem-t-shirt-slub-white

it's an oversized fit on shoulders (chest normal), bottom hem seems to roll up more than I'd like after wearing it for a few hours but returns to normal after wash, might want to size down for the raw hem stuff
>>
MKI stuff is gold for the money. Some of my best basics.
>>
>>11117810

Todd Snyder, James Perse
>>
>>11117909
Goat
>>
>>11119186
Doesn't it fit boxy and cropped?
>>
>>11117810
Fred perry (if you dont mind the logo on everything) is good for tees and polos at a reasonable price. 40euro for a tee is decent, 60 for a polo.
As chavy as it is USC has some good brands like Luke 1977 and pretty green. Again cheap good quality basics. Especially pretty green.
Also, french connection is dirt cheap but still good quality.
>>
>>11117810
ACNE
>>
>>11117905
>buying acne studios at full retail price
>not waiting for the stuff to go on sale
top kek
>>
>>11119943
you for real pal you're LITERALLY paying an upscaled 400% price for a basic tee
>>
>>11119951
who says im paying paying an upscaled 400% price for a basic tee?

Im talking about jeans and tops. Good quality, not that pricey when you cop stuff on sale.
>>
>>11117810
Spend less time on /fa/ and more time outside trying to find shit that sells high quality basics
>>
>>11119923
I have a couple of slub tees and the essentials and thats not the case at all. I guess like anything though different peoples frames are going to look different in the shirts.
>>
>>11119956
I agree with you on the tops and jeans, but would you really say they're the bare-bones basics of a fit, maybe the jeans but not the top.
Go buy yourself a 3 ounce wool cardigan with acne written on the inside for 150 euro minimum if you're so insecure about what you're wearing.
But then you're spending much more on a single piece with ACNE written on the inside of it, rather than multiple pieces with the same quality.
If you're going for high quality tops go with Raf since they're much more renown brand which you can brag about
>>
>>11117810
why is there no "handcrafted in china"
>>
>>11118403
kek
>>
>>11117810
norse projects
our legacy
>>
>>11117810
Pretty sure you can still find reigning champ x asics clothing
>>
APC is great quality, and I like their print t shirts
John Elliott is a bit on the expensive side but if you have cash to splash then its a great brand for their basics
>>
>>11119947
Only shit stuff goes on sale.
>>
>>11120123
Second this

A lot of my stuff from Norse and the quality is great - like a yurop RC
>>
>>11120551
Just fits too short and too wide..
>>
>>11118085
that was 6 years ago you fag
>>
>>11118813
Staple and basic are interchangeable terms really. Your logic is pretty lame, participating in disposable culture is pretty irresponsible if you can help it, plus its an overall more enjoyable experience to have nicer things.
>>
>>11117908
sandro literally makes 1:1 ripoffs of SLP pieces each season.
>>
>>11119987
there is. some visvim shoes are made in china. I can't speak for FBTs, but his normal shoes (loafers and shit) are incredible.
>>
>>11118218
>i've also heard alot of good things about their jeans
Yeah, no. The jeans are Gap quality at Self Edge pricing. Buying Acne jeans has got to be the biggest /fa/ troll of all time.
>>
>>11120650
I'm pretty sure most of the Visvim catalog is made in China anymore.
>>
>>11118121
Germany, the last time I ordered I stayed below 150€, afterwards customs get a tad more expensive. Use some calculator to find out if you would be cheaper of buying from some European retailer.
>>
>>11118683
I ordered a black tee from them for 15 bucks and I love it. I'd say the quality is pretty good. Really good for 15 bucks actually.
>>
File: wp_20160329_14_18_32_pro.jpg (2 MB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
wp_20160329_14_18_32_pro.jpg
2 MB, 1728x3072
Drumohr
Gran Sasso
Zanone
John Smedley
Entre Amis
>>
Norse projects for sweaters
Acne for tee's
>>
lemaire is the correct answer
>>
My favourites:

Acne for jeans
Norse Projects for the sweats
Continental for tshirts
>>
>buying Acne basics

Jesus, you queens are out of your fucking minds. I buy my tees from UNIQLO, where the quality is better than Acne for 1/6th the price
>>
>>11123496
Have you ever even owned anything Acne you subhuman scum? My Acne Raw are Japanese denim made in Italy. I've got a pair of Ace Cash which I've had for 4 years and still look amazing.
>>
Asket makes premium tee's with a real good sizing system. They have three lengths for each traditional size, 15 sizes in total. They're expanding their lineup so I'd keep my eyes on them. Currently they have tee's and a sweatshirt. An oxford shirt is coming up next. They're based in Sweden
Lean Garments produces shirts and other menswear type basics in small drops. excellent value for a ~40€ shirt.
They're based in Finland
>>
>>11124017
I can't imagine ever paying $100+ for a plain cotton t-shirt though.
>>
>>11124017
not that op but denim is definitely great

basic tees seem like a cash grab though
>>
>>11124143
You don't buy tshirts from acne you nonce. Cop their denim + sweats
>>
>>11124314
lol at $250 sweats from acne. i'm sorry that you don't know what the definition of "basic" is, and i'm sorry that you're so unhappy on this joyous day.i hope things pick up for you sylvester.
>>
>>11124326
If you cop them in Scandinavia they're like £100-20 so it's a lot cheaper. I got a pair of Ace jeans for about the equivalent of £98 from Copenhagen. They price hike things overseas, just like J Crew do in the UK.
>>
>>11119200
james perse tees are nice af
>>
Universal works. Criminally underrated.
>>
>>11117810
C O S
O
S

why hasn't anyone mentioned COS yet?
>>
>>11124696
Don't think COS is very high quality. I have some nice things from them, but they're only worth it at sale price IMO.

Also COS is H&M, which is obviously known for their quality.
>>
>>11124699
COS is definitely better than H&M quality. H&M own loads of brands, I think they all operate independently but they just have distribution rights.

Monki, Cheap Monday, COS, & Other Stories, Weekday are all owned by H&M.
>>
>>11126034
wow didn't know about that thank you
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.