[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here cut their own hair? I'm thinking about attempting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Has anyone here cut their own hair? I'm thinking about attempting to give myself a fade but I'm scared that I will fuck my shit up
>>
>>11110945
>tfw i fell for the buzzcut meme

don't do it man
>>
>>11110963
I want to fade the sides not get a buzzcut
>>
>>11110979
oh you want to fade you sides and keep your hair long on top right?

still if you fuck up you're gonna have to buzz it and it fucking sucks

just go to a barber bro
>>
>>11110945
If you've never cut your hair before, there is no way in hell you'll cut a fade correctly. I've been cutting my hair for years and still fuck up from time-to-time trying to fade my sides.
>>
i do but its only a trim between cuts and mines easy
>#1 on the sides and back, no blend at the top
>>
>>11110945

You WILL fuck up a fade. A fade is not for noobs.

Do NOT fuck your hair up. Go to a barber and ask them how they do it, or how you can keep it proper after they cut it.
>>
>>11111603
>#1 on the sides and back, no blend at the top

Absolutely disgusting. At least fade it from 1 to skin and taper the back.
>>
>>11110945
>fading your own hair
are you a fucking retard?
>>
I have done it multiple times. Even had extreme haircuts like super long on top and super short on sides and back.
But I started from just trimming my hair a bit. And I observed the barbers cutting my hair too. The way they cut and where they use what.
It all started when a barber fucked my hair up and I was like,fuck this shit, even i can do a better job. And I did.
Used a cheap shaver/trimmer by philips.
I have straight brown hair and currently support a buzzcut because my work is really manual and I don't get much time to set my hair.
Would recommend that you start with just trimming.
>>
>>11112835
Forgot to mention that I have done fades too. Several times.
Just go and youtube it and watch patiently. Be patient or you will fuck up hard. Do some research and determine your hair type before you start.
Best of luck.
>>
Just make sure you have the tools and a proper mirror setup. I've been cutting mine for the past year or so - so far just variations of side buzz and bowl cuts - and cutting the back is by far the most difficult part simply for the lack of being able to see what you're doing very well. Start slow and work your way up and it can be a fun project, I've gotten only compliments
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.