[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ Unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
Ozweegos and NB shoes look like what my autistic cousin would wear.
>>
>>11101215
your cousin rich as fuck family, tell him to send me a pair
>>
>>11101215
I would cop these in a second if they weren't made in China

raf needs to get his shit together
>>
>>11101215
I agree and feel the same about Raf Simons
>>
>>11101223
Fucking nigger
>>
>>11101233
u mad son ? :^)
>>
fuck how many different ozweegos are there? IIRC that one is not included in that picture showing the 12 ozweego styles
>>
Completely agree with OP
>>
Mullets need to make a comeback
>>
>>11101215
that's precisely the point of the design you fucktard
>>
>>11101382
>paying money to cop fashionable Chinese spastic shoes.

hurr, the joke's on you. I paid a lot of money for you to think I bought these at Walmart.
>>
>>11101215
You can buy clothes that aren't shit from zumiez
>>
>>11101227
it's not 1970. china makes goods in a range of quality from shit-tier trinkets to handcrafted-by-artisans luxury goods
>>
>>11101405

the point is to take that unappreciated aesthetic and make it more extreme. this is what art always does, it redefines what is aesthetically appealing.

so yeah calling them ugly sort of misses the point. they're supposed to be ugly, knowingly, and with exaggerated features so that you can appreciate them in a "wow, it really took some design skill to make something this ugly." it's like intentionally getting all the answers wrong on a test, or using your non-dominant hand to throw a perfect game of darts. it's steezy.

add to the fact that many (though not all_ of the colorways are very pleasing, which contrasts with the displeasing silhouette. it's clever.

i'm not saying that you should like them, buy them, or wear them. but don't be a reductionist twit
>>
>>11101420
And tillys and ccs
>>
File: uggl.jpg (129 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
uggl.jpg
129 KB, 1100x733
>>11101215
This type of sneaker is bulky and ugly af.
>>
>>11101529

Except the ones you just linked are pretty nice... I wouldn't wear them but they're nice.
>>
>>11101215
I agree with the ozweegos, but some NBs look alright.
>>11101529
I disagree. Those are the only Jordans that look good in my opinion.
>>
for some reason i want them, but the creamy white and the other one colour that is famous
>>
>>11101544
I can agree on that.
>>
>>11101382
>you don't get it IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT
ahahaha holy fuck /fa/ never change
>>
>>11101215

eh
just that they range 300-600 is retarded
if they were more of a 200-400 shoe and managed to make more neutral colorways like the older ones id like em

they look great when in the right fit/on the right person but yeah they are always borderline skecher chic
>>
>>11101227
If the made in china shoe breaks down easily, it's the quality control's fault, not china. Do you even operation management ?
>>
>>11101462
Quality post, shame no one of the "lol walmart autist shoes" will actually read it
>>
File: steve.jpg (51 KB, 250x280) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
51 KB, 250x280
>>
>>11101559
this
>>
>>11101257
/yes it is dumbass it's #10 >>11095675 you blind fuck
>>
>>11101462
phenomenal mental gymnastics.

>>11101462
here's your (you)
>>
File: 2.jpg (106 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
106 KB, 578x712
>>11101462
>>
>>11101215
Totally agree OP, I never liked this trend.

It looks like they glued together a bunch of leftover bits and pieces from the shoe factory.
>>
File: skechers.jpg (37 KB, 575x357) Image search: [Google]
skechers.jpg
37 KB, 575x357
>>11101462
This, I feel the same way about Skechers. Totally underappreciated artistic direction.
>>
>>11104142
>>11104980
>>11105143

do you have any actual counterpoints or are you just going to post memes
>>
>>11105505
Not the person who posted those pics, but they're good points, albeit sarcastic/satirical.
>>
>>11106014

no, they're really not. but as you can't see that, let me demonstrate:

>>11104142
essentially provided an ad hominem, calling my arguments mental gymnastics instead of demonstrating flaws in logic. there is no actual content offered in this post.

>>11104980
makes a point about expense, but you'll note that nowhere in my post did i say that they're good or better because of the price. this is a strawman fallacy.

>>11105143
this post attempts to connect my argument to an entirely different shoe. literally the definition of strawman. instead of trying to "disprove" my argument by applying it a different subject, this poster should try clash with my argument directly on the subject at hand.

none of these posts even attempt to meaningfully clash with any of my points. they're le funny joke posts, but they have no real content and do not invalidate any of my content.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 552x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 552x368
>>11101215
Not huge on NB either, but pic related are beautiful
>>
I see no problem with buying cheap replicas
>>
>>11106055
that's the only good colorway desu, all the others are super autismo
>>
>>11106050
good job memorizing those 2 logical fallacies from /pol/'s sticky, now go there, look up 'the fallacy fallacy' and stop spewing pseudo-intellectual terms to appear smart. no one is impressed

the anons you got so buttmad over are obviously just fucking around and not counter-argumenting any points from your autistic post, learn to take some banter
>>
>>11101559
really you dont like 5's? i think those look pretty cool
>>
>>11101462
So basically art is like that unstable girl who self harms to spite you?
>>
>>11107540

you can call me pseudo-intellectual all you want, you can imply i would only point out logical fallacies to try to "appear smart" and none of that adds to the discussion of the topic. it also does not clash with my points.

i'm totally uninterested in anybody's "sick banter." if you reread my post you'll see that the person i was replying to indeed thought that the "sick banter" posts were legitimate counter-arguments.

i'm here to discuss fashion and aesthetic values. if you have nothing to say about those topics then it's a waste of time for us to continue replying to each other.

as a side note, associating proven tools of logic with pseudo-intellectualism in order to attempt to discredit them is ironically fallacious. nobody is here to impress you. nobody even knows who you are, or cares. there's a reason these boards are anonymous.
>>
File: 1430605104551.jpg (24 KB, 480x542) Image search: [Google]
1430605104551.jpg
24 KB, 480x542
>>11108000
Please stop trying to make a subjective opinion objective.
>>
>>11108011

i never did. i offered my take, and supporting reasons for why i think the way that i do. just because i apply tools of reason does not mean that i am claiming some divine objective truth in the claim that i am making about aesthetics.

now, where i do locate something more solid than purely my subjective position is in the tools that i use to support that position. and if that's what you're referring to, then, sure it might be fair to ascribe that i believe things like "if a, then b. not b, therefore not a" or "appeals to authority do not, in and of themselves, invalidate an argument." hold a little bit more water than your or my subjective opinion about what kind of shoes look good. the thing is, those type of axioms make no claims about aesthetics. we make claims about aesthetics, and we hopefully arrive at those claims by using and applying those axioms. they are tools that we can all understand that give us some way to compare our subjectivities.

this all seems rather beside the point though. it's like i'm advocating that we should hammer a nail into a board and you're saying "but anon how can you say whether the hammer objectively exists?"
>>
>>11108067
You don't need to pull out the seventy two slide PowerPoint presentation holy shit

Brevity mother fucker
>>
>>11108092

are you going to address any of the content or are you just going to complain about how ~200 words is SO DRAWN OUT
>>
>>11101215
well you aren't wrong
>>
>>11101462
I mean you make a fair point about art and while certainly fashion is a form of art, I still wear clothes because I think and others think they look good.

Making something intentionally ugly can be interesting and have artistic merit, but that doesn't change the fact that there are hundreds of other shoes I'd rather wear and spend my money on.
>>
>>11108122

word.

i actually came to a similar conclusion after having owned ozweegos. i found that i appreciated them much more as an objet d'art than as shoes. i never wore them, i just admired them for how ridiculous they looked and the fact that something like that could exist.

but as functional shoes to incorporate into an outfit that i would feel confident in? nah, they were kind of uncomfortable and limiting in what i could wear with them.

i still admire them on a conceptual level. i also liked the physical textures of the materials, and i appreciate the "ugly" aesthetic. but they're not the shoes for my feet.
>>
Rick Owens is garbage and whenever someone wheres full Rick they look like they are cosplaying their D&D thief oc.
>>
File: 6li9rMW.png (752 KB, 872x790) Image search: [Google]
6li9rMW.png
752 KB, 872x790
new raf simons, should i cop?
>>
>>11109073
no bape? dnc
>>
I don't think 750 boosts are bad looking as long as you don't view them as sneakers. Also they look best fully zipped with the straps cut off.
>>
Are GATs meme sneakers

Found a cheap pair
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.