[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone of you guys been shopping in Tokyo recently? I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: tokyo_shibuya_tout_b.jpg (44 KB, 525x294) Image search: [Google]
tokyo_shibuya_tout_b.jpg
44 KB, 525x294
Has anyone of you guys been shopping in Tokyo recently?

I need a few pieces, but i am struggling. The "trendy" places seem to be ridicolous low quality for ridiculous high prices, like 109 mens.

The department stores, offer not that much menswear and next to no sales at all.

HM and Zara are more expensive as well, more than i am willing to pay.
>>
Japan low quality?
Nothing in Ginza?
>>
my friend if H&M and Zara are more than you're willing to pay then not only is this is the wrong board for you but Tokyo is the wrong city for you.
Tokyo is an absolute goldmine of incredible stores with both unique little boutiques and worldclass high fashion. have a walk though chome 4, 5, and 6 in Jingumae near Harajuku station, that's where you'll find the best of Harajuku and pretty much tokyo. try fake tokyo in shibuya and also definitely checkout MYOB in laforet in harajuku, run by a bunch of sick girls i worked for them recently
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-23-20-44-12.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-23-20-44-12.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>h&m and zara are expensive
Kill yourself.
>>
also try dover street market in ginza for super high end shit
>>
>>11086479
how poor are you lol
>>
>>11086511
>more expensive
learn to read
>spending extortionate money at h&m
>>
Hey I'm going to Tokyo this summer and I'm hoping I could stay in Shibuya but I don't know where to go shopping after I get there. Any recommendations?
>>
if you're in japan hit up the second hand stores. basically the stores that you see on rakuten selling cdg/n(n)/undercover for cheap but requiring a proxy/shipping fees.

the second hand luxury clothes market (called select shops) is something still pretty unique to Japan and you can find some crazy deals.
>>
>>11086583
shibuya
>>
>>11086479
>The "trendy" places seem to be ridicolous low quality for ridiculous high prices, like 109 mens.
Tokyo fashion in a nutshell, UNIQLO and Muji notwithstanding.

This is why foreign clothing commands such a high premium there.
>>
File: 35600.jpg (92 KB, 460x691) Image search: [Google]
35600.jpg
92 KB, 460x691
>>11086613
>Tokyo = City with one of the most vibrant fashion scenes in the world
>world's best established and underground designers
>no stores

all these people et their shit from Muji and Uniqlo.
seems about right.
>>
>>11086634
There are plenty of stores, especially trendy ones, in Japan. The problem is that a huge number of them have low-quality goods. My point does not conflict with your own.
>>
>>11086640
I am well aware that both Uniqlo ans Muji (in terms of garments) are not high quality. I always supposed that to be a syndome of international mass retail business.

I never knew that the small artisanal designers in Japan, one reads so much about produce similarly bad (aliexpress) tier products.
>Would you mind to elaborate?
>Very interesting.
>>
You can go shopping in Shibuya and especially Ginza. Ginza is very expensive though. What I recommend you is to find small unique stores around Harajuku or Shimokitazawa. Maybe huge shopping malls are ok too.. there are some in Odaiba.
>>
>>11086479
>>11086583
go to harajuku, it's full of cool street fashion
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.