[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you guys be interested in a "wiki" about fashion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_2679-ZnmHeXu-1003979282.jpg (915 KB, 2688x1792) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2679-ZnmHeXu-1003979282.jpg
915 KB, 2688x1792
Would you guys be interested in a "wiki" about fashion ? Mostly a site referencing brand and their current and former collections, various info like sizing, price comparison between online shops, social features, etc.
I know there is hundreds of sites like this but most of them are garbage with no useful information.

Pic unrelated
>>
I'd be interested in a page with a section for each brand that kept record of their shows + concept + sample pictures

Maybe it already exists, but I don't think it's humanly possible to do it
>>
>>11082457
That's close to what I'm trying to do. I'm especially looking for content that would be relevant.
>>
>>11082425
why, are you making this?
>>
>>11082425
everytime someone did that, it failed

just look how dead tuxbell (sticky) is
>>
>>11082504
>>11082425
samefag
>>
>>11082425
New Zealand looks incredible, need to go
>>
>>11082484
Money mostly, but with quality content.
>>
>>11082510
Kek, why would you do this ? I'm looking for people's opinion.
>>
>>11082465

Well, in that case, remember to keep it clean like a nice catalog.
>>
>>11082425
If it's well done definitely.
>>
File: 1448411290780.jpg (104 KB, 1012x666) Image search: [Google]
1448411290780.jpg
104 KB, 1012x666
>>11082560
>mostly money

Go back to the drawing boards then. This idea won't work, because
>fashion is art, and culture
>not numbers, digits, graphs and comparisons

Your userbase will be know-nothing nerds that use /fit/ and /fa/. Everyone else is informed by active participation of culture.
>>
>>11082587
Monetization will come after. If you drive enough traffic, then it's definitely not a problem. The core question is to make smth that appeals to the fashion enthusiasts.
>>
>>11082425
hell yes!
>>
>>11082425
I'll tell you what is going to be useful – the big designer database to identify pieces. Each season should have good photos of the stuff, description, composition, sizing and fit pics from runways/good wawyt shots etc. That will be useful wiki.
>>
>>11082425
>wiki

motivation?

>money mostly

Having other people work for free to make money for you? Wonderful.

Get out.
>>
>>11083008
>make smth that appeals to the fashion enthusiasts
Yeah, it won't though. You don't get that because you're not a real fashion enthusiast.

> If you drive enough traffic
How?

>monetization will come after
Tippest of toppest keks. Ok anon, good luck with this lucrative and promising website!
>>
>>11082425
I'd definitely spend a lot of time on it if it was well done.

>>11082457
a site like this would be great, what are some that currently exist?
>>
>>11082425
Sound very hard to pull off desu. How much web development experience do you even have? What makes you think your will not be one of those "garbage with no useful information" sites?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.