[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fashion Victim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: fashionvictim.jpg (90 KB, 673x858) Image search: [Google]
fashionvictim.jpg
90 KB, 673x858
what defines a fashion victim?
>>
File: IMG_20160307_125253.jpg (3 MB, 3340x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_125253.jpg
3 MB, 3340x3264
People might say 350s but the majority of people buying them don't really have interest in fashion so I don't count them. Mainly the "meme" brands like Rick and SLP. Not saying they don't have some nice pieces but people in full Rick should do pic related
>>
Someone who chases after all the shitty hypebeast trends.
>>
Anyone who takes an active interest in fashion and ends up dressing worse than when they started
>>
Paying for the label or branding not the fit/details
>>
People who don't know or understand their own style, so they end up wearing nearly every piece of meme clothing discussed on /fa/. See the WAYWT for examples, usually it's the kids wearing monochrome / streetwear styles, black backpacks, pure black or pure white shoes, hunched posture, round glasses frames, bomber or parka jacket (moving towards Anorak jackets now).
>>
>>11078874
They should jump?
>>
VETEMENTS
>>
>>11078867
Someone who buys because of name and nothing else, usually buys something simply because it's on sale by a designer even if it's a shitty item. Usually has no style.
>>
anyone who takes these /fa/ troll threads seriously:

- skinny inspo
- guys who wear $500+ "designer" feminine boots
- techwear
- anything supreme
- leather jackets (if you're not a biker)
>>
File: RKOI.jpg (74 KB, 400x485) Image search: [Google]
RKOI.jpg
74 KB, 400x485
>>11078867
brandwhores/ anyone that buys clothing for status or wealth
>>
>>11078969
So, Kanye dickriders?
>>
>>11078976
ugh that picture took a year off my life
>>
>>11078993
the rich people on rich kids of instagram are the biggest fashion victims of them all.
>>
>>11078956
Lol sure.
>>
Why buy pants with the zippers? Yikes!
>>
>>11079006
>rich kids of instagram
thanks for giving me something to look at this afternoon. literal cancer
>>
>>11079101
Cringiest video I have watched in a long time.
>>
>>11078956
Kek
>>
>>11078982
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>11078969
Yeah, shouts to the 5'6" dudes everywhere who bought the yellow Morrissey x Supreme shirt and are on Complex comments threads asking if it'll still fit right
>>
People who cant fit the aestetic of the clothes they wear but do not realise it because the brand/designer name attached to it makes them feel confident enough.
>>
>>11078867
biker denims
>>
>>11079071
I got that
>>
>>11080102
I bought the yellow Morrissey tee ;)
It was the nicest colourway desu senpai
>>
>>11078884
Probably this one.
>>
>>11080102
link to thread?
>>
>>11078867
someone who spends all their money on fashion that is really expensive and hard to pull off and cant pull it off
Like, people who would wear an outfit comprised of raf, rick, slp, yeezy and y3
becuse those brands dont go together but a fashion victim doesnt understand this and would try, fashion victims are usually new to fashion.

Someone who wears versace, gucci, louie and prada isnt necessarily a fashion victim because they arent even moving towards the right direction, rather theyre just blowing cash on clothing and making sure everybody knows it, theyre more of a fashion failure
>>
>>11081191
ooh, also forgot to say.
It's someone whose clothing wears them, rather than someone who wears their clothing. You have to find fashion that works with what you look like to not be a fashion victim unless youre a god of collating fits.
>>
>>11081191
redpill me on fashion

should you buy designer clothing? w2c quality clothing?

i basically only have massimo dutti, h&m and some other brands like those in my wardrobe
>>
>>11081198
>redpill me
you're hopeless just give up
>>
>>11081224
>whats using a term as a joke
>>
>>11081198
hey man >>11081224 isn't me.
The best thing you can do (in my opinion, this is subjective) is to go about developing your own basic style, just with colours, basic clothes and staples.
If its a jacket - Classic Denim or a basic parka/bomber
If it's a t shirt - Plain, crew neck or basic patterns, logos or names of places you've actually been to.
Try not to identify solely with a genre of clothing like lunarcore or gothninja, rather, take inspiration from these genres of clothing and apply it to your own style.
OR
Slowly develop your own style to the point where you're identified socially as being fashionable and having taste, once you've reached this social staus you can wear literally whatever you want, no matter how weird or unconventional and so long as you don't look stupid, people will just perceive you as confident and fashionable.
You aren't a fashion vctim if you buy the brands i mentioned, just know how to wear them, what to wear them with and how you're perceived outside of /fa/. Understand the designers intentions, don't try to look like a runway model (unless you have that fashionable social status) and start collecting quality basics that will last you, beofre buying lots of experimental/weird garments, have a wardrobe of basics and staples because otherwise you're going to have to wear really obscure fits to ordinary day things and these weirder, more experimental garments are best suited to events and certain places only.
For example; the guy wearing full rick owens at the beach looks silly and out of place but if he wore it to certain clubs or events he would be in place.
>pic related would look stupid at a swimming pool or the beach (looks kind of stupid anyway t b h)
>>
>>11081278
Note that the second option of developing a fashionable social status is difficult and not something to really be aimed for, rather it just happens. Also, no matter how great a fit is, normies won't understand it if it's too experimental but they'll appreciate it if you have this status. Take asap rocky for example, i know hes famous, rich and charismatic but he could seriously wear anything and people will copy him and love him for it.
Being charismatic and confident helps in terms of pulling off anything.
Just wear what you like and before spending lots of money on a piece, think
>Do i need this
>Will I want this in a months time
>Does this work on me
>Is this worth the money
>Do i have the wardrobe for this
>How will i be perceived when wearing this
>do i want this because i like it or because /fa/ told me to like it
everyones bought shit they regret and it sucks, i bought qasas that i hated like a week after getting them

>Word of advice --> Dont be a hypebeast
>>
>>11081248
Read the sticky
>>
>>11079006
why is this a real thing
>>
>>11080651
So basically anyone wearing SLP with a healthy/average bmi?
>>
Designer belt buckles
>>
>>11081788
What are you implying here?
>>
>>11078867
A fashion victim is continually getting meme'd/marketed into looking like shit in new clothes.
>>
>>11081278
>>11081295
alright thanks for the reply

I'm actually just buying basics, and I asked this because I see basic sweatshirts(like I really need a grey sweat on my wardrobe since I dont got one) and I was thinking if it would be worth buying like some designer/expensive brand one or not

I saw one for like 130€ from APC
but like h&m have them for 20-30 euro
>>
>>11078892
It's all about the materials
>>
>rick owens
>>
>>11083318
One time I saw a nigger dressed like that braid hair rapper with the skirt shirts and the fisherman boating hats at my school. I felt bad about seeing someone like that at my school for a whole week until he was arrested like a month later and I found out he was only there because he was selling ecstasy and adderal.
>>
>>11078867
This guy would have to be either bigger or leaner to pull of the no-sleeves.
>>
>>11081198
high quality basics is a meme just remember that

only buy designer pieces for the styling
>>
>>11078884
This is a great summary
>>
vetements
>>
>>11078867
That belt
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.