[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bags-for-men-2.jpg (66 KB, 784x541) Image search: [Google]
bags-for-men-2.jpg
66 KB, 784x541
So since I started actually giving a fuck about what I look like (for no other reason than my crippling loneliness) I realized that I need to stop taking the bag that I've been using so far

>it was an average sized green backpack that I still love

I carry plenty of stuff around with me whenever I leave the house, so I need something along the lines of pick related I guess

advice?
what would look ok?
I'm not too big of a fan of shoulder-bags becasue they're not all that comfy but oh well

>halp an anon out
>>
What style of clothing do you wear?
What will you be carrying in the bag and approximately how much will it weigh?
Where will you be going with your bag?
Do you take public transportation? Ride a bike?
Will the bag be exposed to rain frequently?
>>
>>11075136
This. How old are you and where will you we using this bag such as college/uni, in a city, in the 'burbs?
>>
>>11075136
>>11075140
mostly in the city, because to work I can just get my usual backback

I wear fairly normie clothing, but just about never a shirt

so usually jeans with some blouse, simple sneakers or boots in winter

long-ish coat or jacket

my carry stuff includes
>book or ereader
>wallet
>cigarettes
>keys
>external battery pack and cable
>passport
>sometimes and extra folded bag in case I pass by the store

and fuck yes it will be exposed to rain ;__; no car, so I take public transport
>>
look into Mission Workshop
>>
>>11076281
>$255
and god knows how much that would be in europe
slightly outside my budget, but apparently they have some stuff here as well so I'll pass by and check them out

they look pretty damn close to what I need though

any other similar suggestions anon(s) ?
>>
>>11076794
When I was in a similar situation and needed to upgrade my bag, my top three finalists were Bagjack, Mission Workshop, and Chrome Industries.
Ultimately I decided on Mission Workshop. Bagjack was actually what I was leaning towards, but I couldn't justify the price of the NXL I was looking at getting. Chrome was a close third place, but it just seemed like Mission was worth the extra $. I am definitely not disappointed. Zero complaints. I have no doubts this bag will last me decades.

I would look into Chrome or maybe even Timbuk2 if Mission seems to pricey.
>>
>>11076846
apparently the only store that sold stuff from MW closed their doors ~2 years ago
>sigh

I'll check out the others then I guess, because I never buy stuff that I never got my hands on first
>>
>>11075136
Not OP, sorry for highjacking the thread.

>What style of clothing do you wear?
Casual, though I might take it to work quite often, I'd rather not to look overdressed if I take downtown on a weekend.
>What will you be carrying in the bag and approximately how much will it weigh?
Not much. A 12.5" laptop, its power supply and few A4 documents.
Where will you be going with your bag?
Work and downtown, casually dressed.
Do you take public transportation? Ride a bike?
Train. Bike but I don't think it's relevant.
Will the bag be exposed to rain frequently?
Only a little bit. On heavy rains I'd use another plastic coated bag I can trust.
>>
>>11077980
I recommend you look for a bag made of high denier ballistic nylon or cordura
Avoid leather and waxed cotton / duck canvas because they don't fit your style and are quite expensive
MW, Harvest Label, Topo Designs (zero intent on shilling but their straps are the most comfortable I've ever used, except MW, of course, but that's implied), Drifter, Carhartt, American Apparel, Briefing
They all work with durable lightweight fabrics and most make their bags in America
>>
>>11078004
Thanks for the answer. I'm not american tho so I don't care much about things being "homemade". Once I have settled for a bunch of bags, I'll settle the choice by quality / price ratio.
>>
>>11078013
It's an issue of quality, anon
American milspec bags are simply better than the junk churned out in Vietnam and China. Even Japanese companies outsource to the U.S.A.for their high-end bags. We have the best equipment and best track record

Forgot mystery ranch they make good bags too and now have an urban line
>>
Any bag recs for jap streetstyle look?
Only ever carry a book and a 35mm camera.
Feel a bit queer with a tote bag as nobody else wears them in my city other than girlies.
>>
>>11078062
Literally porter
>>
>>11078004
not him but man those first 3 brands have really weird shaped backpacks
>>
>>11078029
Thank you.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.