[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been using murrays pomade for years to get that bedhead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12
I have been using murrays pomade for years to get that bedhead look but surely there must be a better product that does not smell like baby powder?
What does /fa/ suggest?
>>
Just search matte pomade or clays. I'm using medium hold Admiral pomade right now but since you want bedhead look, go for their matte clay version
>>
>>11072632
Clay?

Doesnt that get stiff and cracky?
>>
>>11072556
Do you like this stuff?

For me it's the only thing that holds my hair in place, but on the other hand it's a fucking pain in the ass to wash out.

Still not sure what to think of it.
>>
File: DSC00422sm.jpg (448 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
DSC00422sm.jpg
448 KB, 1080x810
>>11073484
I think it is the most powerful of all the pomades.
Its made for kinky black guy hair so when you put it on white guy hair its really strong.

I dont think there is a similar product made just for whites.
>>
>>11073121
it's not actual clay
>>
>>11072556
American crew gets a lot of love here, I like it
>>
File: Willi Graf.jpg (73 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
Willi Graf.jpg
73 KB, 600x406
Murrays hair-glo and royal crown pomade (not the hair dressing) are popular in the wannabe nazi groups because their formula is similar to that that 30s/40s style pomade. I use the former and it works pretty well for me.
>>
>>11074037
average tier but works
>>
>>11074037
It was hated a couple of years ago here because of how mainstream it was and how average compared to real pomade
>>
>>11072556
im scared of murrays because i heard it can make you go bald and shit like that

i've been using that bedhead wax for a while and im thinking of switching to murray's

should i do it?
>>
>>11074489
'm trying to get this >>11074194 kinda shit going
>>
>>11072556
Seconding American Crew. Murray's is for black people hair. Tried it once, ripped out half my head desu.
>>
try imperial classic pomade

water based but i like it

anything oil based imo feels toxic
>>
Murray's is good, if you know how to use it.

I keep my tin in the shower, along with a comb. heating it up in hot water helps it become more malleable. After I put it in my hair, I comb it through my hair to spread it evenly, and remove some excess The buildup is pretty good, and I only put more in every other day, or 3 days. pay attention to quantity.

after you shower just comb it into place, and let it air dry, or use a hair dryer. make sure you clean off your comb after a few passes, as excess collects at the bottom of the teeth.

The scent helps with no shampoo too,
I've been using Murray's for over 3 years now
>>
>>11072556
Dude this made me cackle. the fuck gave you the idea to try this for your hair?

Personally this has a lot of great hold but the build up is a Bitch, the smell is typical for old school black hair products.

Just cope with it if it works.
>>
Just today I switched to Suavecito instead of Murray's.
>>
>>11074863
>I've been using Murray's for over 3 years now
Does it actually make you go bald?
>>
>>11074899
lol, no, I've been on accutane too. my hair is thick as fuck. that's why I use it. It's the only thing with enough hold for my hair.
>>
File: MGTOW boots.jpg (9 KB, 236x315) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW boots.jpg
9 KB, 236x315
>>11074899
I also have been using it for years.
My hair is thinning and murrays makes it look thicker
>>
>>11075355
>>11074910
How often do you guys use it?
>>
File: Mgtow PUA van.jpg (12 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
Mgtow PUA van.jpg
12 KB, 236x177
>>11075364
>>11075364
Thinning hair giuy here.
I use it every day but not very much
I also wash it it out every morning with dandruff shampoo so there is no build up for me.
THere is a learning curve to apply it though.
I use a small amount and rub it well into my hands then into my hair
>>
Anyone can recommend a pomade on water base? Normal pomade gives me pimples
>>
File: 221-Rosalee_woged.png (448 KB, 550x511) Image search: [Google]
221-Rosalee_woged.png
448 KB, 550x511
>>11075430
Dont put it on your face anon.
>>
I use murals its pretty good, but I find its hard to spread throughout your hair
my hair is longish and unless i go double dipping I can't get a noticeable difference under
>>
>>11075404
I also use it almost every day, just like a dime sized bit on my fingers.
>>
>>11075669
I use far less.
1 can probably lasts me six months to a year of daily use.
Its so concentrated and powerful I think its tough to use right.
Of course I have short hair
>>
murrays has a smell? holy shit my sense of smell is fucked
>>
File: 41BjnMX2D4L._SY355_.jpg (9 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
41BjnMX2D4L._SY355_.jpg
9 KB, 355x355
Have you tried this?
>>
>>11076039
There are much better products than that, imo. I'm really into hanz de fuko claymation at the moment. Really good hold, super matte finish. No real smell to it, just kind of smells... natural. You can easily use too much of though, especially depending on your hair length
>>
Is it OK to use this stuff if you shave your head?
>>
I use pommade for a good, matte hold that softens up and give texture, and I think the easiest option is probably american crew fiber, its cheap and you can find it everywhere
If you want something a bit better, I recommend baxter of california's clay pomade and shu uemura's clay definer. The last one is really good but so fuckin expensive
>>
>>11074489
>im scared of murrays because i heard it can make you go bald and shit like that

that's absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>11074539
Because you don't know how to use it. You have to warm the pomade with blow dryer and constantly blow dry your hair while applying.

American Crews are overpriced water based craps.
>>
>>11074899

How would it make you go bald? Baldness in men is caused by a large number of factors, all of which are genetic and physiological (especially DHT, which is the most important factor).

How would putting shit in your hair cause you to go bald? Unless it's somehow putting more DHT into your body, that's ridiculous. The hair on your head is already dead. It doesn't matter what you do to it. It won't affect you at all. You guys lack common sense. Don't believe everything you hear.

Sources (in the form of peer-reviewed studies):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1113949/

http://www.bmj.com/content/317/7162/865?variant=extract

http://www.eje-online.org/content/144/3/183.short
>>
>>11076039

Hey everyone. I'm using this product (American Crew Fiber). It's pretty good, but I find that my hair may be too thick for it. Often, I can't even simply slick my hair back without it falling out of place to the sides.

I'm looking for something a bit stronger; also, I would like something that is more like a cream than like clay. Nothing that will make my hair look shiny, though.
>>
File: spring.jpg (2 MB, 3100x2060) Image search: [Google]
spring.jpg
2 MB, 3100x2060
>>11076039
>>11076060
If you have thick hair, fiber rocks. It is not consistent throughout the day, but gives your hair added texture. Pic related, my hair w/ a good ol dose of fiber
>>
>>11076152
That was my point with mentioning claymation - it's better than AC fiber. Similar texture, good hold, good for thick hair, and (for me) it holds consistently throughout the day.
>>
>>11076138
I'm not exactly arguing against you, but doesn't it seem like if you put a bunch of shit in your hair every single day without properly washing it out (like a couple of anons ITT say they do), the buildup on your scalp could inhibit proper growth? Like you said, baldness is caused by a large number of factors.
>>
>>11076243
I'm afraid of this as well, so that's why I'm moving to Suavecito.
>>
>>11076031
A very very very strong smell like a solvent base
>>
>>11076285
>Suavecito.
That stuff is painfully average. Pomades work different for everyone, but I find Suavecito dies the fuck out of my hair, makes it really stringy and shit.
Their Premium Blends isn't too bad to be honest, although I still use it just as an every day thing if I'm not planning on doing anything special with my hair
>>
>>11076311
>Suavecito dies the fuck out of my hair
*dries
>>
>>11076300
Bullshit anon.
As was mentioned before it smells like baby powder.
Poor quality baby powder actually , its not a great smell but it sure does not smell like solvent.
>>
>>11076323
smells like industrial strength cleaning product, or industrial strength lubricant

when i built engines for a living the grease i used on crankshafts smelled a lot like murrays
>>
Anybody try Blumaan original? I watch his vids from time to time and bought into the hype. Gotta say I'm a little unimpressed by it. I mean, it's not bad and it's pretty versatile. But I have to use something along with it, because by itself, it dries the fuck out of my hair.

Per some of his hair tutorial vids, I tried using it as a pre-styler (before blowdrying) and as a finishing product (post-blowdrying). I used a very minimal amount, and it made my hair so dry and "sticky," but not sticky in the typical sense. Not like you run your hand through your hair and get a bunch of product on it. Sticky in a very dry way, like I literally couldn't even run my hand through my hair. Very odd.

Now I only use a very small amount before blowdrying because it does have heat-protectant in it and it works pretty well as a pre-styler. Sorry for the rant. Anybody else use this shit?
>>
>>11076311
Jesus fucking Christ. Isn't there ONE good pomade out there?
>>
>>11076450
i hate this cuck, his chinstrap makes me hate him more
>>
>>11076782
Flagship Pomade Co - Blackship for very strong hold, Strait of Malacca if it's humid where you are, Insubmersible for medium hold

good quality, homebrew-style water-based pomades that punch like oil-based ones

thank me later
>>
>>11072556

https://www.hanzdefuko.com/shop/quicksand

If you have fairly pliable hair, just roll out of bed and run your hands through your hair with this.
>>
>>11076144

check out brylcreem
>>
>>11076848
Something that doesn't require me to travel to the end of the world?
>>
Old spice spiffy pomade is pretty good.
Matte finish pomade that smells like deodorant
It looks pretty good with my thick medium long hair.
>>
>>11076899
>brylcreem
This. My grandfather used it his whole life. It smells good (I think), and it actually looks good and improves hair health.

I'm cheap and when I use anything in my hair, I rub baby oil in my hair while it's still damp, and comb it throughout. My other grandfather used baby oil for that, and it works.
>>
>>11076125
Different anon. I've used Murray's for over a year and noticed my hair thinning two months ago.

Now that someone else mentions it causing balding I'm afraid.
>>
>>11072556
suavecito for slight shine, got2b for dope scents
>>
>>11078714
Today is my first day using suavecito and I'm liking it a great deal.
>>
Personal favourite pomades are

>Daimon Barber #1
Sort of a mixture of oil and water based. Doesn't dry out my hair, stays malleable throughout the day and has good hold. Smells great.

>Anchors Teddy Boy Original
Goes in like a cream, is pretty light but has a decent enough hold though. Probably my favourite smell of all pomades I've tried so far.

>Reuzel green
Not full blown petroleum/oil based which take several washes to remove, but feels more like a beeswax kinda thing. It takes maybe two washes to remove. Doesn't dry out at all, good hold, smells like apple

My main concern for pomades is that it doesn't dry out my hair yet maintains a good hold through the day, and these three work best for my hair.
For obvious reasons oil based pomades won't dry out your hair but take forever to wash out. Basic water pomades like Suavecito will dry out your hair. I like to find good hybrids of the two.
>>
File: MGTOW.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
>>11078116
>>11078116
most mens hair starts thinning at some point
>>
File: enhanced-6772-1409365942-1.jpg (49 KB, 568x843) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-6772-1409365942-1.jpg
49 KB, 568x843
>>11072556
Best pomade for this kinda look? Been using Murrays superior which is alright but it's a bitch to wash out and smells like baby powder
>>
>>11079489
For that kind of style you only need a light pomade, if any at all.
To be honest Brylcreem is probably best for that
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.