[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do the great men of /fa/ agree with buying fakes if youre a dirt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1536x2048
do the great men of /fa/ agree with buying fakes if youre a dirt poor fag?
>>
no.

if you're dirt poor, try making money before seeking designer products.

stick to h&m wageslave
>>
>>11071517
Why do you give a fuck? Just buy the fake if you want it.

Richfags will probably advise you not to, as you getting a similar product for cheaper then they payed for triggers them.

You go girl it's yo world.
>>
>>11071559
luv u
>>
>>11071517
Depends on the fakes if we are talking about rick/raf and the works its pointless because u probably dont have the wardrobe to pull it off otherwise sure go for it most people wont notice
>>
>>11071517

here's my take

if you're buying fakes of something expensive just to flex them like they're authentic and show them off or because you want to fit in, then no, you're lame. the classic saying "people who know what you have most likely can tell you're fake and everyone else won't even care" applies here.

if you're buying fakes of something normally expensive because "you like the design" and can't afford the buy-in for designer-priced stuff, just understand that a geobasket rep will look and feel like shit and saint laurent denim will fit like shit, and for the money you're spending you could just buy something decent in your price range anyway. unless you're shelling out decent money, fakes usually aren't the greatest of quality/ most comfortable items to wear... you'll probably be less impressed with the item in person. I don't agree but if you can't live without some semblance of a raf velcro on your feet then... do what you have to do.

if your excuse is that "you live in a place where nobody would know anyway" then again do you, you should be buying clothing for yourself anyway since you're the one wearing it and literally nobody else who knows you cares as much as you do about it. just take the point up there ^ into consideration

BUT (unpopular opinion I'm sure) if you're buying fakes of something that is relatively cheap to begin with and market price is 5x retail only because of hype and not quality and you don't want to pay that (read: Jordans, other cheaply factory made shoes) then yea cop some fake J's, they have reps that are literally the same exact shoe. jordan quality sucks, prices are horrendous, and reseller prices are even worse.
>>
>>11071517

if you're dirt poor and walk around with fake designer shit it'll stick out and be obvious. if people know you aren't loaded and you have yeezy's or some other overhyped shit you can't afford it's pretty obvious you bought fakes. It's like when you see poor people with fake gucci belts
>>
>>11071705

>you live in a place where nobody would know anyway

I bought fake bape crewneck with Baby Milo on it. I think only one person I know asked me where did I get Bape, and no one else even knew what it was. The quality was shit, but again, I paid the same as I would for poor quality brandless item. I just had baby milo on my chest that way.
>>
>>11071517
I see absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as the quality and fit aren't bad. That can be hard to guarantee with Chinese fakes, but you guys seem to have a good handle on which fakes are decent.

There is an argument that buying fakes is somehow harmful to the designer, but I find that to be bullshit. Designers have pretty good control over the pricing of their goods, and they make themselves amenable to fakes if they price out a segment of the population. It'd be like selling a movie for $500 and complaining when people trade bootleg copies of it for $5 - it's shitty, but you invited market response.
>>
>>11071559
This basically.

It also goes for some non-rich people who paid full price for the real deal.

I personally would probably never buy fakes, because I want the real deal, but if you consider the fake worth the money, go for it.
>>
The people you're trying to impress will know it's fake and the people that you're not won't care

If it's something trendy and something that won't be in your wardrobe in the future, you could just buy fakes or a cheaply made version of it.

If it's going to be a staple in your wardrobe, i'd just save up and buy the real thing
>>
>>11071559
tru man
>>
>>11071517
you deserve to be executed
>>
File: 1449412264687.jpg (26 KB, 150x225) Image search: [Google]
1449412264687.jpg
26 KB, 150x225
>>11071559
>Richfags will probably advise you not to, as you getting a similar product for cheaper then they payed for triggers them.

THIS IS WHAT POORFAGS ACTUALLY BELIEVE
>>
I don't have an issue with buying fakes at all. Don't look at as a poor/rich thing. But for the love of god don't buy an extremely flashy hyped up piece that is a low quality fake.

Personally I bought some fake nikes and the quality is on par with authentication. Probably because they were made in the same factory with the same materials.

Also bought some fake geobaskets back in the day. I enjoyed them for a while but kinda found that I simply wasn't a high top guy.

Don't believe what the fashion Jew tell you. Even though I am wealthy enough to cop designer (and I do) I still have nothing against fakes.
>>
>>11071517
objectively it's just a piece of clothing, but if tastelessly shelling out on hip designer clothes thinking you'll look good on them only to fail miserably is lame, then buying the shitty fake versions hoping they'll be the same is even lamer.
>>
Ran into a guy last week in one of the buildings I go to class in. He was wearing yeezys. I couldn't pull those shoes off with my style, but I told him they looked pretty cool.
Asked him where he got them, he sheepishly admitted they were fake. You could definitely tell when you looked closer. Fakes can be pretty pathetic, you could tell he was wearing them to look more well off.
>>
>>11072343
>Don't believe what the fashion Jew tell you.
holy shit just off yourself already
>>
i work at a uni and see fake yeezys daily, all types of fucked up colorways too

im a poorfag from a third world country but i refuse to buy fakes and look like them.
stick to shit u can afford, feels nicer
>>
>>11072384
he's right though..
>>
>>11071705
I like the 350's aesthetic and just because of that I want them. However I don't like them enough to shell out 1000 dollars. Would buying fakes be justified in this scenario (if someone asks if they're fake I'd probably say they were)
>>
>see TNF X Supreme 3M jacket
>want it
>600€ and probably already worn by a stinky person
>UnionHouse replica is 98% the same
>120€
>Always complimented on it
People don't give a fuck about your clothes being real or fake, if it looks good then it's cool.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>11072315
Some richfags do

This kid I know got mad over some other kids wearing fake yeezies, while he got them at resell price lmfao. He's never worked in his whole life.
>>
>>11071517
w2c fakes of those pants?
>>
>dressed head to toe in (fake) designer gear
>sweating over what to order from the dollar menu.

You'll look retarded, like the women who have a Louis Vuitton bag and an iPhone but try to get a discount on a $10 item because they only have $8 in their bank account
>>
>>11072528
I think that you should be the one telling yourself that you can or can't justify it based on that. I honestly was considering replica 350s myself once they came out with a batch that was close enough to retail because like you I didn't want to drop a rack on something that was only insanely inflated because of demand, not quality or materials. plus reps have gotten the shoe down to maybe 80-90% of the real deal and the biggest difference in quality would be the boost (which isn't apparent to anyone besides yourself). if you're okay with paying "retail" prices for a decent rep because you just want the look, then go for it (either cop oxford tans now, or wait for David's 7th batch on the rest of the colorways). If it helps your decision I live near large cities and frequently wear my authentic 350s (that I won a raffle for) and the two reactions are either sneaker heads glaring at them trying to discern if they're real or not, or normies jokingly telling me that I look like I'm wearing reptile-looking water shoes. I'm sure this would be the case whether or not my shoes were actually real.
>>
Depends on the fake.

Fake yeezys? No.

Fake MVMT/Daniel Wellington watch? (Spoiler)You bought the same watch for a shitload less(Spoiler)

Fake sunglasses? Fine, just don't pretend your "Oliveder Poopholes" are Oliver Peoples.
>>
>>11072852

exactly. it's like when you see someone at walmart dressed like shit wearing a bright ass fake gucci belt or Burberry scarf
>>
>>11072938
>Fake yeezys? No.
Lol. Every buck that is not going to the dumb nigger's pocket is fine.
>>
OP here, i pretty much made myself look worse than i seemed, im not DIRT poor but i just constantly miss releases on new drops from my favorite brands, or i dont want to spend $450 on shorts, when i could just buy the korean version for $40. Im extremely cheap i guess thats my problem
>>
>>11073002
Yeah but you'll look like an even bigger Fashion Victim Fuccboi with fakes thanwith legit ones.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.