[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SKIN CLEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 26
File: Acne-close-up.jpg (217 KB, 2000x1330) Image search: [Google]
Acne-close-up.jpg
217 KB, 2000x1330
someone help me with acne any advice ........
>>
>>11069471
Dermatologe
>>
>>11069471
stop taking cumshots on your face
>>
>>11069471
>tuxbell.com
read
>>
>>11069474
actually cum is good for the skin
>>
>>11069471
OP this is actually very similar to my skin, can anyone tell me what it is and how to solve it.

When I say what it is obviously it's acne but is this skin too dry or greasy etc?

I hate my skin, really knocks my confidence.
>>
>>11069533
have you tried accutane? Shit works, but my parents had acne well into there 20s, so I'm going to be stuck on it for a while
>>
>>11069471
Generally speaking, when acne is red and inflamed, it's because of bacteria. These are usually called "white heads". Acne that just looks like a black dot and are not inflamed are "black heads".

They way you treat both differ.

Benzoyl Peroxide is known to help fight the bacteria that live on your face. When it touches your skin, it seperates into Benzoic Acid and Pure Oxygen. The oxygen kills the bacteria almost instantly and the benzoic acid exfoliates slightly and also helps the medication penetrate deeper into your pores.

Most people struggle with red/inflamed acne. What had worked for me is to use Benzoyl Peroxide after I wash my face with Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and only at night.

I recommend Acne.org BP 2.5% because it has worked for me. Other brands to look into are Paula's Choice and ProActive.
>>
>>11069560
>Benzoyl Peroxide
use the same stuff for 1,5 months now. seeing some improvement but not there yet. I also use inderm after showering which is basicly concentrated ethanol. kills alot of bad shit in your face. also makes it really dry.
>>
a c c u t a n e
>>
>>11069474
Cum is very good for skin actually. Sometimes when I jerk off, I'll catch my load in my hands instead of a tissue, and I'll rub it on my forehead because I tend to breakout near my hairline. This has actually helped tremendously with preventing break outs. I usually do it about 3 - 4 times a week. You should try it honestly, not even kidding.
>>
Best way to treat blackheads? Cannot get rid of the fucking things on my nose. The rest of my skin is fine, but fuck is my nose gross
>>
>>11069631
bump
>>
>>11069631
They're sebaceous filaments, everyone has them, I don't think you can get rid of them completely, just keep them at bay. I hear Aztec Masks work well, never tired it myself.
>>
>>11069631
>>11070493
Have some by my balls in the inner thigh. You think an aztec mask would work there. or just shower and scrub and hopefully they go away?
>>
>>11069560
Not OP, but I've been applying Benzoyl Peroxide for about three months now with no noticeable improvement. And yeah my acne is red and inflamed most of the time. I get it in my cheek area even though I don't touch my face at all and change my pillow cases daily. Sucks.
>>
>>11069471
low dose androgen blocker.
>>
>>11069471
>>11069560

nah m8 Benzol peroxide is a meme

OP just get accutane prescribed from a doctor as soon as possible to avoid scarring. Works like 90% on people, also on chest acne/ back acne

The down side is your skin will dry like shit during treatment, and strictly no alcohol. But dry skin and no booze for 5 months vs permanent scarring ?

Source wa watashi
>>
honestly go to /r/skincareaddiction. i followed their advice and i'm 100% acne free after a month. went from using a stupid amount of stuff that didn't work to a simple routine

i'd recommend using a basic cleanser (cerae cetaphil etc) with no "acne" ingredients. Then use a BHA exfoliant after (stridex pads - red box) to fight the acne. Then a moisturizer with spf (+ sunscreen if you want to prevent scarring). Do this twice a day but use a "pm" specific moisturizer at night instead of one with spf (i use cvs brand with niacin to help with scarring).

After that works you need to fade the scars. Add an AHA exfoliant to your routine (NIGHT ONLY) 30 min after you BHA (or instead of it). I use nip fab glycolic fix extreme overnight pads. If you're going to use aha you need sunscreen or your skin is fucked.

You'll start off purging and getting a ton of acne but once that's all out of your face you'll be acne free.
>>
>>11071389
fuck off reddit faggot
>>
>>11071417

enjoy your pizza face
>>
>>11069471
make sure you're getting enough vitamin D, son
>>
>>11071243
It took me a while to see any improvement as well. I use Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid though. Some people say it's too harsh for their skin but it works well for me.

SA in the morning and BP at night. I also learned that my skin has less chances of breaking out if it's dry while I sleep so I dont use moisturizer at night.

It really all comes down to what works for your skin type. Ive messed around with stuff for about a year until I figured out this routine. I also have a very specific way of doing it.

>>11071280
BP is a meme? Are you 12?
Accutane is note to cause long-term health affects on the gastrointestinal system for a large number of people. No worth the risk when he can just stay consistent on a routine and get rid of it that way.

>>11071389
THIS. THIS. THIS.
They have a great source of information. I didnt know about it until after I cleared my acne.
Also, if you are prone to acne, no routine will rid you 100%. You'll get to the point where your PIH is almost nonexistant, your Sebaceous Filaments are small, and you only get 1-2 pimples a month. You'll have some breakouts here and there though. Its expected.
>>
I've had lots of acne and it's only starting to get better now (I'm 18)

The first thing I would reccomend is to find your trigger for it. I cut out certain foods to see if I continued getting acne. I found out milk causes it for me.

Go and see if you can get any prescribed medicine too, I doubt they Will give you accutane straight away so try and get some doxycycline.

Would also reccomend you pick up a face cleanser like cetaphil.
>>
what about cystic acne? I rarely get it but when I do they are large, they hurt, and the stay on my skin for a while like a mound.
>>
>>11071465
enjoy your terminal cancer, redditor :^)
>>
Most facial cleansers and washes are really expensive where I live (2 days wage) so I need some cheap alternatives.

Like, do hand liquid soaps work? Something I can make from cheap ingredients?
>>
>>11071567
Stop being poor is a solution
>>
>>11071599
hAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH

NICE ONE THERE BUDDY BOY NICE ONE
>>
I'm 20 and used to have mild acne (3-4 big red heads a month and bunch of blackheads). Started showering every day with a salicylic acid face wash/cleanser and spot treat inflamed spots with 10% benzol peroxide cream out of the shower. It is important that you do this everyday. Do not skip. Drink plenty of water and eat green.

Don't touch your face.
>>
personally I use clean and clear continuous control cleanser twice a day, works like a charm and also no prosessed foods if you really want no acne at all.
>>
>>11071652

don't mix benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid together unless you want to dry the shit out of your skin. go for one or the other. also a face wash with salicylic acid wont do much since it needs to stay on your skin for a while to work
>>
All these posts and not one real mention of the oil cleansing method. This is an excellent way to clear up your face without overdrying it.

I see tons of mentions of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, both of which dry the hell out of your face, which seems like what you might want, but in the long run it causes your face to overcompensate and produce more oils in an attempt to moisturize itself...because, you know, you're drying it the fuck out of it all the time.

A third castor oil, a third almond oil and a third jojoba oil. Mix those up in a bottle, rub them on your face, let it sit for five minutes or so, take a steaming hot towel (not too hot; bad for your skin) and slowly dab the excess oil off your face. Done.

Thing is, you don't have to do this (and it's not recommended that you do this) more than a few times a week...and if you're like me and you feel like you have to wash your face every day, avoid using any soap that has sulfates, those also dry your face and don't help your issue over time. Once a day, I wash my face with a heavily diluted amount of Dr. Bonner's soap in a foaming soap dispenser, for easy use. ;)

Now everyone's face is different, but the OCM seems to work for mostly everyone because there's a variety of oils you can use to go along with it, with you only needing castor oil as the main, base oil and if you're having acne issues, I'd recommend the jojoba oil as well; the third oil not necessarily mattering as much. Just do your own research.

Shit, you could also just go to a dermatologist and they'll tell you all about your face's t-zone and all that.

tl;dr - oil cleansing method
>>
>>11071567
Softsoap (this is a brand) is literally the only thing I would consider in that department.

Ideally, if it cleans your hands or dishes, it's way too strong to clean your face.
>>
>>11069631
OCM
See
>>11071796
>>
>>11069602
Kek I do this too
>>
>>11069471
fresh towel on your pillow every night.
>>
benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin
>>
>>11071237
They're SF if they're on your nose, but elsewhere I think they would be something else. Exfoliating every now and again should help if they're black heads, if they're not, I'm not sure.
>>
get more sleep, go hit the gym, wash your face with soap 3 times a day and change pillowcase every 3-4 days. that is what made my acne to be (almost) completely gone.
>>
Exercise. When you sweat a lot, it pushes oils and shit out of your skin. But you have to shower after you exercise. I would suggest running. Also don't eat dairy products. Milk and cheese and butter etc give you acne.
>>
>>11072134
>>11069602
what the fuck
>>
>>11069471
It depends on acne type.
I'm a RN and have worked for a dermatologist, so I could give you an approach.
Post pic and I'll try to help. Also, how old are you?
>>
>>11072373
>spent 3 months not eating dairy or sugar
>barely noticeable clearing

>get a job where i stand in the sun all day
>eat pizza n candy
>nice tan skin and no acne

guess shit's different for everyone. gotta try everything
>>
If youre from Australia you should look into franks sweet cheeks bundle itll clear you right the fuck up and its all natural if youre homo like that
>>
>>11071567
Aloe Vera plant. They grow extremely fast and require very little water.

Cut a leaf off and keep it in the fridge after. Every morning and night, cut part of the leaf off, cut it into a half so the insides are exposed and then wipe your skin down with it.

Aloe Vera will kill bacteria AND moisturize. Best of both worlds.
>>
OP, go to a dermatologist.
Last year, I had acne for the first time ever in my life. On my fucking forehead.
It literally made me go crazy and depressed and shit and stuff

AGAIN VISIT A DERMATOLOGIST, LET HIM/HER PRESCRIBE SOME OINTMENTS IDK, I USED EFFACLAR AND SKINOREN ON HIS ADVICE
AND IT SAVED MY LIFE

STAY STRONG
>>
>>11071558
>being this autistic

you are afraid of a website. do you realise how retarded that makes you?
>>
>>11071567

You earn like $3 a day?
>>
>>11071652
>I'm 20 and used to have mild acne (3-4 big red heads a month and bunch of blackheads).

holy fuck this is what people think bad skin is
>>
Ask dermatologist about absorica i had awful acne. Im clear within six months. CLEAR. All it is is a very hefty vitamin a supplement so if you dont wanna mess with a dermatologist i suppose in theory that would work
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 355x355
I have very serious acne and arguably this soap from the gods has been a life-saver. Just some mild scrubbing with warm water and your skin will start clearing up in about 2 weeks.
>>
File: 1419929844208.png (310 KB, 1364x751) Image search: [Google]
1419929844208.png
310 KB, 1364x751
>>
>>11071237
Aren't sebaceous glands on genitals referred to as Fordyces or something like that?
>>
>>11074012
Eastern Europe, not so uncommon.
>>
I'd recommend changing all of the products you use, and all of your habits little by little until you find some combination that works. Blindly using acne medication without understanding the cause isn't going to help.

Start taking vitamins every day. Biotin is nice. Eat well. Exercise.

Then start changing your shampoo and conditioner until you find one that doesn't make your skin worse - this was originally a huge problem for me.

Then start changing your facewash and moisturizer to progressively more simple / less abrasive products. What I currently use is Aquafor Baby Shampoo / Wash. That shit is jesus nectar. If I could recommend any fucking product, it would be that. You can use it all over your body if you want, even for shampoo. I wouldn't recommend drinking it, though. For my moisturized I use Garnier Fructis Moisture rescue gel. That shit is also bomb as fuck. I've been using that for several years now, and I will never change for as long as they make it.

Do not wash your face frequently. Do not be overly abrasive. Outside of the shower, only ever use cold water to wash your face.

The thing that I would recommend above all of this, though, and what made the biggest difference for me, was eating lots of Walnuts and Fish. With breakfast, or as a snack, I eat walnuts and cranberries together. It's tasty as shit and made my skin actually feel like normal skin for the first time in my life. I also try to eat fish, if not once a day, than once every two days. Fish is the greatest. Learn to love fish.

Each one of those things made my skin a little better each time, and now I have perfect skin.
>>
>>11071796
I tried OCM a while ago (1/3 castor, 2/3 sunflower seed). My scars faded but I kept getting a couple of whiteheads every day.

I'm also getting the same while doing Cetaphil cleanser + lotion now, what am I doing wrong?

I've also got some stuff prescribed from my doctor which didn't work either.
>>
>>11074159
3 months of smoking weed every day is expensive as fuck and will kill your braincells faster than bleach. good job faggots
>>
has the evidence gotten any stronger that certain foods make acne worse? dairy etc?

I've already had 3 successful courses of accutane over my life but can't handle a fourth. I'm 30 and it feels like I will literally have acne my entire life. Is BP generally accepted to be a better topical treatment than Retin-A? Should you ever combine topicals?

Any tips for reducing stress?
>>
File: tmp_10465-nhXcnrO-1-2086689567.jpg (79 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10465-nhXcnrO-1-2086689567.jpg
79 KB, 338x338
>>
File: Photo on 19-03-16 at 18.35.jpg (13 KB, 197x292) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 19-03-16 at 18.35.jpg
13 KB, 197x292
Just go for Accutane. Why waste time and effort on remedies that Might work (and they rarely do) when you can go to a dermatologist and he can prescribe you medicine that is guaranteed to get rid of your acne.
I had acne that was so severe my doctor advised me to go see a dermatologist or my skin would literally be covered in scars by the time I was 25. This is my skin now after 4 months of taking the drug pic related. I don't have any before pics but you can see that this isn't something a doctor would call severe acne. 4months ago 98% of face was red.
>>
>>11075832
worth noting is I'm still going to be taking the drugs for a few more months and then I'm done forever.
>>
>>11072605
>>11075346
Skin god explain this
>>
>>11069590
Try to avoid using alcohol for skincare, even though it's a branded skin tonic or something like that. It dries out your skin
>>
You guys should consider asking for the Accutane gel-product that is to be applied directly onto the skin. I wasn't allowed by my doctor to use the pills as I had something with my liver (not alcohol-related) that would make it risky taking them. I hear it's not as effective as the pills for everyone, but the side effects are also way less severe - and you can drink!
>>
>>11076063
Cetaphil moisturiser says it contains some kind of alcohol, and I thought it was effay approved
>>
File: Woman--Lifelike.jpg (166 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
Woman--Lifelike.jpg
166 KB, 600x576
1. Accutane is a *cure for acne. This shit has a ton of side effects, problems, and may fuck up your life forever, but it should remove your acne or greatly lessen it. Your acne may come back worse than before though, and some people relapse as quickly as a few months.
2. Dan's Regimen. It works, but you have to keep using it forever. It also destroys your skin, is incredibly nasty, and will condition your skin to produce a shit ton of oil to compensate for dryness. If you ever stop using it, your acne will come back much worse than before. But not forever, your skin will eventually recover.
3. Hormone controlling pills. For women only, and it works well. If you ever stop taking it, your acne will come back much worse than before, possibly forever.
4. Propecia. For men only. No guarantee that it will cure your acne, but it may help. It also helps with male patterns baldness. It can also completely destroy your sex drive, libido, and sexual function.
5. Antibiotics help but only as long as you keep taking them. Work even better with some cream to help with acne. If you take them for a long period of time, your immune system will fucking hate you and you may never fully recover. I'm talking about organ failure and chronic symptoms that require hospitalization. Your acne will come back too.
6. Megadosing on B5. It works and does so within a few weeks. It's also a good way to fuck up your insides, develop food allergies, and lose your hair. Once you stop taking, acne will come back about the same as before.
7. Diet is my personal favorite. Doctors will bullshit all day that diet is unrelated to acne, but it is. Most people recommend removing gluten (bread and most grains), milk, and processed/junk food as a starter. There is really no down side to healthier eating, but this will take a long ass time and there is no guarantee it will completely remove acne. You have to find what foods cause you breakouts and remove them, and that can take a very long time.
>>
>>11075832
>>11075841
underrated post

if you have actual bad acne get accutane
>>
File: 1446591008449.jpg (69 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1446591008449.jpg
69 KB, 472x472
>>11076139
There's no way out of this
>>
>>11073825
wuss
>>
>>11069471
if it's not acne but annoying pimples that come and go, spit helps a bit to open up all the clogged shit
>>
Here's what I did:

I stopped using all acne products and just washed my face in the morning and before bed and it all cleared up.

Good luck
>>
>>11076175
I've had more problems taking meds and trying to screw with my face than if I just left it alone. Acne is caused by chronic inflammation and overproduction of oil. Once you cure both, your acne will improve or disappear.

Exercise. Sweat three times a week to get rid of toxins in your pores, and to generally metabolize your fat. Don't strain exercising, 15-20 minutes a day will do.

Stay away from chronic sex/masturbation if you can. Limit it until you are clear or nearly there.

Drink three liters of water a day, or thereabout. Proper hydration is important and will help your body eliminate waste.

Eat well and healthy, maintain a balanced diet and go to the bathroom regularly. Most people will fail right here because they can't go a day without eating garbage like pizza, sweets, and so on. Remove processed sugars, dairy, gluten, and anything you don't cook for your self. Limit your intake of fruit. Try to eat lean meat like chicken and fish. Remove anything that may cause stomach distress for you, and don't forget about fiber.

Only supplement with vitamins if you have a deficiency. Your vitamins should come from the food that you eat.

Stop washing your face with soap or other products. Use lukewarm water and cotton pads to remove dead skin at the end of the day. Don't use facial products or anything that can clog pores.
Use shampoo only when you need to. Install a shower filter if you can.
Don't pick at your face or pop pimples. If you need to shave, use something that won't scratch up your face or irritate it.

Give it a lot of time. You will feel better and look better.
>>
Get a facial and make sure you tell them you want lots of extractions done. Get a chemical peel to help with scarring and use simple products with no fragrances or fancy shit and that pizza face will clear right up, take it from me.
>>
>>11069602
>>11072134
>>11075976

Well, its contents has REAL and PROVEN effects on skin aging. It contains strongly anti-oxidizing compounds, even stronger than vitamin E.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/extraordinary-things-you-can-do-sperm-242190

trivia:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2584176/Youthful-grandmother-67-claims-sperm-facials-anti-ageing-secret-shes-video-tutorial.html

But its effect on acne hasn't been researched as far as I know, but it could actually be great since it has strong antibacterial, antioxidant, as well as anti-inflammatory properties.

Just apply it and leave it on for 10-15 minutes (preferably in the T-zone) and then wash it off. Daily application shouldn't be needed, but probably wouldn't hurt. If you're seeing irritation/redness just use less/less often.
>>
When am I suppose to apply a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment? My current skincare is cleanser ---> exfoliator ---> moisturizer/sunscreen
>>
File: so_good.png (66 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
so_good.png
66 KB, 659x609
>>11069471
Accutane. Don't listen to naysayers and just do it and in 6 months you won't even remember the time you worried about acne. srsly
>>
>>11071389
Can you inform me on what AHA and BHA stand for?
>>
File: Atticus Finch - Gregory Peck.jpg (27 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
Atticus Finch - Gregory Peck.jpg
27 KB, 560x330
Ayoo, anyone have some recs for a nice towel to use on your entire body after a shower? I've heard that most standard towels are pretty abrasive and filthy.

I've heard good things about "microfiber" towels

thanks for any input
>>
File: 1445393012624.gif (2 MB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1445393012624.gif
2 MB, 280x280
>>11069471
This is a fucking difficult solution, but it will work almost guaranteed.

Keto Paleo diet (Aka Ketogenic diet without cheese/milk products).

Why does this work? It will starve out candida/yeast/acne causing bacteria. This has a quick explanation of why this diet works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m0Zs2vrybs (however, you can't eat honey and some of the other shit he says if you're going to go Keto without milk products.)

I had scalp acne for 8 years, been to all sort of dermatologists, got all kind of ointments and bullshit antibiotics, and none of it worked. This diet worked. It's hard as fuck and will make you sick at first, but it works.
>>
File: Jesse_Ventura.jpg (30 KB, 386x480) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Ventura.jpg
30 KB, 386x480
>>11076402

could y'all be part of a conspiracy?
>>
>>11076402
I took accutane for 6 months at 17. It kept me clear for 1-2 years.
Took it for another 6 months at 22. Same deal.
Took it for almost four months at 25, but had to stop early because I started reacting badly to it (side effects suddenly intensified and I got a rash etc).

After all that, I STILL haven't been able to beat acne completely. Psychologically it's literal torture. Last weekend I was clear enough that I was confident enough to go out and get laid. This weekend I'm staying in because I have 3 ugly cysts on my face.

The way I see it, I can't go back on accutane a fourth time - I'd likely react badly again or could even start doing other long term damage e.g. liver. Perhaps there's potential to try the weaker 10mg dose? Or stick to topicals until I'm old or kill myself
>>
>>11076482
>7. Diet is my personal favorite. Doctors will bullshit all day that diet is unrelated to acne, but it is. Most people recommend removing gluten (bread and most grains), milk, and processed/junk food as a starter. There is really no down side to healthier eating, but this will take a long ass time and there is no guarantee it will completely remove acne. You have to find what foods cause you breakouts and remove them, and that can take a very long time.
see
>>11076461
>>
File: CoCo Confusion.png (317 KB, 722x800) Image search: [Google]
CoCo Confusion.png
317 KB, 722x800
I've been wanting to change my water intake lately because it's something I know I'm lacking and it's a healthy, easy way to improve many aspects in life.

I want to try to drink about 1 gallon of water everyday and I was wondering if it has any positive effects on skin health? I'll probably make the change regardless, but it'll give me some motivation if it does.
>>
>>11076461
I basically follow this. It works.
>>
all these stupid "cures" but just drink more water, clean face if it gets dirty, and eat less junk food. i had a shit ton of acne i never thought would go away but simple life changes fix a lot of problems.
>>
maybe y'all can help me with this. I have been prescribed accutane. My acne isn't the worst you have ever seen, it's maybe a 6-7/10 and I'm turning 21. I'm hesitant to take it for two reasons-

1. already taking adderall every day so i'm concerned with damage to my liver. If you get stuck on me taking adderall I will just ignore your post because you are likely incredibly misinformed. I have asked on other boards and people just start telling me how I'm killing my brain with adderall (LOL). Anyways I take 35 mg a day so over time that will damage my liver and so will accutane. not sure if worth it. don't want liver cancer but acne is the fucking worst

2. acne is definitely stress and depression related and I just started an SSRI so I could be clear in a year or so.

so, those who have taken accutane. Are you worried about the long term damage?
>>
ok, so golden advice is to wash face twice a day. So is there any way to keep to this schedule without working out before bed? Like if you wash face before going to bed and waking up, you can't really work out at 5 cuz u will need to wash the sweat off
>>
Is there any way to heal smaller acne scars without surgery?

My skin is pretty clear, but I used to have acne back in the day and when I look at myself close in the mirror, I notice these small ridges of scared tissue. Would love to get rid of it.
>>
>>11069471
Drink about a gallon of water a day and avoid touching your face (specifically, resting your head in your hand while on the computer). Also, change out your pillowcase at minimum once per week. Just avoiding touching my face helps quite a bit.
>>
Anyone have any advice as to how to deal with scars? They're tough to get rid of and some of them are quite prominent.
>>
File: 1437642834094.jpg (52 KB, 469x500) Image search: [Google]
1437642834094.jpg
52 KB, 469x500
>>11076338
skin god has spoken, let's get it on.
>>
>>11076338
>>11077069
>2016
>not getting daily facials to kill acne and stop aging

SHIGGY
>>
>>11076690
This is good advice except breaking a habit like resting your hand on your face is hard.
>>
>>11076338

The thought of rubbing my spooge on my face is honestly so disgusting. Is there any compound I could potentially mix it with to not make myself feel like I'm rubbing cum all over myself?
>>
>>11069471

apple cider vinegar
>>
I don't have a penis, where can I find someone to regularly cum on my face?

I'm looking for some good clean cum, virgin cum seems best. I can pay.
>>
>>11077458
PLEASE be in Albuquerque
>>
A lot of the advice here is mumbo jumbo and that makes me sad. Having gone through acne myself and fixing it in only a month through proven treatments rather than DIY sperm spot treatment, I'd love to give advice on any questions anyone may have :----)
>>
>>11077458

SYDNEY
>>
>>11077444
That's a good way to peel your skin off. ACV is very, very irritating to some people. You should never ever use it without diluting it with water.
>>
>>11077647

well i'm not SOME people
>>
>>11077458

b8

also no reason why virgin cum would be any better, kys
>>
>Have really bad acne
>Start washing face daily, stop drinking soda, stop touching face as often
>Within a month my face is acne free and continues to be so
>tfw i cant get rid of the scarring

any tips for acne scars
>>
>>11077774

this, want to know too.

is aha or vitamin c better?
>>
>>11076509
Yes
>>
File: tumblr_mri17pavcU1rt7117o1_400.gif (378 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mri17pavcU1rt7117o1_400.gif
378 KB, 400x306
>>11071528
>You'll have some breakouts here and there though. Its expected.

them feels. Used to have acne 24/7. At this stage at the moment - I'll have clear skin for a month at a time, then break out out of nowhere and it wont go away fully for a week or two, disheartening as fuck after making heaps of progress. I console myself with the knowledge that my skin has and will eventually clear up, even if the whole process is rather Sisyphean.
>>
>>11077988
>>11071528

this is me.

Thing is even if it clears up, my scars stay for a year or longer. so do the maths. breakout once every month, scars for a year.

my face is a warzone.
>>
Currently have a large bump by my mouth which consists of about two or three smaller pimples all combined in the same space. No other pimples elsewhere, just this one mega pimple that I've had for over a week and doesn't look to be coming down. Depressing as fuck.
>>
i'm convinced acne is 20% hormones and 80% diet

after quitting dairy, bread and most grains my skin is clear (except PIH but that's not actual pimples ofc)

in remote tribes they have NO dairy, flour and most grains and they have almost 0 reports of acne
>>
>>11078295
This might be bullshit, but I remember reading that acne in teenagers has only existed from like the 1900s onward. This suggests that its largely due to diet (sugar!) and pollution..
>>
A couple months ago I bought an snail cream cleanser for my face-- I didn't use it until like two weeks ago, and it's the fastest I've ever seen my acne clear up. I was trying both the foaming and moisturizing Cerave cleansers as well as other products, and my acne was on the very slow decline, but I still had persistent and recurring patches. Swapping the cerave for the snail goop was the best decision i've made in regards to my face.

It's obviously not going to work for everyone, everyone's different, but snail goop changed my life pretty much. If you're willing to give it a try, i encourage you to try it for a week or two~

Here's just some links I find informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGvx4gl3D7w
http://picoprince.com/image/103428642151

>>11077774
I looked but I couldn't find it, maybe one of the other r/skincareaddiction readers can find the post, but there was a post on r/sca about how this one chick made a surgery scar on her finger almost completely disappear, after her finger had been reattached or almost fallen off or some gruesome thing like that, with vit c. Obviously that's gonna be an extreme case as she was applying lots of vit c from the get go-- but! It shows the power of the vitamin C. It's also cleared up some of my acne scars so I'm a proponent.

Snail goop and vitamin c forever.
>>
>>11077505
>>11077609
I'm in NYC.
>>
>>11077774
Try retinol/anti wrinkle cream.
>>
Need a new exfoliant. What would you guys recommend.
>>
>>11078295
>>11078320
I have seen multiple dematolgists over the past couple years, and literally every single one said the whole diet thing is conplete bullshit. Its pretty much all hereditary and how you care for your face.
>>
what do you guys do for back/chest acne? My face has been pretty clear for the past year or so, but lately ive been just getting raped on my back mostly. Literally too much to spot treat. I already change my sheets twice a week and sleep with a shirt on.
>>
Went to a dermatologist, got 2 months of onexton and acticlate and never had acne again. Just go to one OP.
>>
>>11078622
Do you sweat and forget to rinse off?
>>
File: 5DRJG1J.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
5DRJG1J.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Finding new methods to clear up my acne I'm going to start using CeraVe for moisturiser is that any good?

I should also apparently find a "gentle cleanser", any recommendations?
>>
File: 1397416367740.webm (204 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1397416367740.webm
204 KB, 1280x720
>>11079005
Found out that CeraVe also do a "hydrating cleanser", is this any good as a cleanser?
>>
>>11077572
>downtalking the facial to end all facials

W E W
>>
>>11078610
Nobody in my family had acne like I have. I take exceptionally good care of my face.
I think diet plays some role, but I'm convinced the biggest culprit is stress
>>
>>11079044
I switched from their normal cleanser to the hydrating and i prefer it. But I also have relatively normal/dry skin. It depends on the oil content of your skin really. Also noone can give you the exact right advice when it comes to skin care. A lot of it comes down to trial and error. I'd recommend starting with reddit's r/skincareaddiction community and their recommended routine
>>
>>11079381
Cheers Anon I appreciate the advice
>>
>>11069602
>walking around smelling like cum
>>
i just squeezed like all the pimples in my face because i got angry at my shitty skin

yeah I know I fucked up, but what should I do to prevent my face looking like a monkey's butt tomorrow?
>>
>>11078934
Possibly. I shower in the morning, and in the night before I go to bed. I might start to try and shower after I get home from class to get rid of the sweat from the day immediately.
>>
So I've been using BP for the past 6 months and I rarely get acne anymore, maybe a pimple or two every now and then. The problem are the fucking scars, I have so many. They're fading away over time but veryyy fucking slowly and I'm gonna have this bitches on my face for very long. What can I use to speed up the healing process of scars?
>>
>>11078610
My GP said that diet can play a role. Truth is, nobody knows - the science is inconclusive, everyone's skin is so different we have to go off anecdotal evidence. I cut dairy out of my diet (though I was already mildly lactose intolerant) and my skin cleared up. At the same time though I stopped taking hot showers and started swimming more, so who knows.
>>
cut out dairy and drink lots of water
>>
>>11079872
not leave the house
>>
>>11080513
any serious recommendation tho
>>
>>11080449
Can somebody answer? Nobody's mentioned a solution to scars yet.
>>
Accutane is miracle medicine.
>>
File: B_SB66052.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
B_SB66052.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
Should I ever use this if I have acne? I use it like twice a day to cleanse my face but now that I'm researching it seems like it might not be too good
>>
>>11080626
Makeup?
>>
>>11076723
vitamin c
ahas
lotion with hydroquinine
patience

/skincareaddiction has some guides on it, check it out
>>
>>11076482
> three times
What the fuck. Dude isn't that a clear indication it isn't going to help you?
>>11076461
This is a pretty good idea, but it theoretically doesn't entirely starve the bacteria as you will still have hemostatic blood sugar you aren't living entirely off ketoacids, although the load will change the diversity and quantity.

>>11076487
>diet is my personal favorite
and your evidence that this will work is what exactly - anecdotal.

>>11076509
Drinking water on an empty stomach is the best thing you can do for inflammation - besides proper daily fibre intake.
>>
>>11080452
Well let's be realistic here (everyone still reading the origin) Bacteria are the cause of the detriment of acne. Bacteria grow all over your body; we evolved along with and symbiotically with the bacteria that grown on us.

Acne is a thereby affected by anything that alters our microbiome - antibiotics, stress, diet, genes, activity, and the origin of our microbiome ( inherited exposure from parents, etc ).

Anything you can do to alter these has the ability to affect your acne, but all humans care about is a 'cure' so the most dramatic treatments are the only ones that people care about ( antibiotics, accutane ).
>>
>>11081029
depends on your routine
personally, I've never really bothered with toners

I'm confused, it says its an astringent that cleanses?
toners are used to balance your skin's pH
are the words interchangeable?
>>
>>11076079

are you... are you not supposed to drink alcohol.. when you're on the accutane pill??

>im fucked
>>
You really gotta see what a derm says about it. I had horrible cystic acne for a couple years and tried everything I could but nothing really changed much, I saw a dermatologist and he gave me 3 different topicals to put on in the morning and night and it has been relatively clear since then minus a couple of hormonal/bacterial breakouts

Also the location of the acne (usually) helps determine the cause

Chin/mouth area, usually hormonal (this affects girls more than guys)

Forehead is usually puberty related

Sides of face usually can be helped by changing pillow cases more often

Reddit also has a good skincare community and they're good at establishing skincare routines.
>>
I have huge pores, tried many things but none seem to work. Any advice?
>>
>>11081512
beat your mom and dad up for bad genes!
>>
File: Effect_20160321_014347.jpg (87 KB, 606x1088) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20160321_014347.jpg
87 KB, 606x1088
I don't have acne or anything but I do have a lot of freckles and marks on my face and redness on my cheeks. I've been told I have great skin because of how clear it is but since it ain't monotone I don't really know how good it actually is. Opinions/Advice?
>>
File: KIMG0107.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0107.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>11081551
newer pic ignore the hair was lying on couch
>>
>>11081599
your skin is really nice, looks very smooth. i would recommend that you find a good sunscreen though to preserve that and prevent the redness from getting worse though its not bad at all
>>
leave your face under the stream for a long time when ur in the shower

yourwelcome
>>
>>11081626
Does this work better?
>>
hey my acne is cleared, been a year since i did accutane and now its amazing with little to no scars, however i do have extremely large pores, i have a clarisonic but im a bit reluctant to use it. Any advice to reduce pore size? thanks
>>
Everyone's different I realise, but would you generally place importance on a proper routine over changes in diet etc? I've tried going without dairy/sugar for 3 weeks and nothing seems to happen
>>
I think the shaving cream I use irritates my face (or at least it wouldn't be improving it) because any time I shower after shaving I get red bumps for about an hour or so. Is it fine to just shave in the shower no cream or anything? I don't have a mirror there so it might be difficult is all but I'm sure I could buy one
>>
Has anyone had any success using pore strips when trying to get rid of blackheads on your nose? I'm thinking of giving some home-remedies (egg and toiletpaper) a chance or just buy some pore strips from the store.
>>
>>11082057
the biore ones are good, maybe a bit small for non asian noses..
>>
>>11073825
r u swedish lol
>>
>>11082078
Going to the store in a couple minutes, will see what they have.

Will try to avoid Biore if possible, considering I have a jew nose.
>>
Accutane isn't some conspiracy or a meme-remedy, the stuff literally just works. Probably best used for people with actual systemic acne problems and not for the majority of you who get the random zit and start flipping out.

Through highschool I had literally the oiliest skin ever and went through Accutane for about 6 months and here I am years later with practically flawless skin. I was good about taking the pills everyday and honestly I definitely drank while on them and it still was fine. Sure there's some dry skin issues but id rather be dry and a little flaky that have acne again.

Also, wash your sheets, especially your pillow sheet and shower towels often. These things spend a lot of time right next to your skin.

Diet is important too.
>>
File: edwin_jagger_de89_1[1].jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
edwin_jagger_de89_1[1].jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>11069471
Shave properly. I started using a DE razor in 2014 and barely ever get spots now.

Cella shaving soap, Edwin Jagger DE89L and Gillette Nacet blades are my usual choice.
>>
File: 1458342727478.png (181 KB, 315x344) Image search: [Google]
1458342727478.png
181 KB, 315x344
>>11079230
If I get could some advice from ideally STHLM or any anon who knows anything about my routine that would be cool.

AM - Cerave facial cleanser
- cetaphil daily moisturizer
PM - Cerave facial cleanser
- Acne.org benzyl peroxide spot treatment gel

Is it too simplistic? should I keep it how it is? my face has mild to moderate acne at the moment, but ever since I stopped using benzyl peroxide in the morning and night and using moisturizer instead it's been gettting slowly better.
>>
>>11069602
yeah i did this too until i went glow bowling with my gf
>>
>>11076338
>REAL and PROVEN effects
>first article's only source is claims by the company who sells a compound made with it
>second article is dailymail

yeah okay faggot
>>
Alright, new scg poster here since my acne has been acting up lately. My routine is as follows:
Morning:
shower and facial cleanse
(sometimes) exfoliate with one of those spinning brushes
facial toner
moisturizer
Night:
facial cleanse
always exfoliate
facial toner
moisturizer

Could it be that my acne is acting up because I miss a couple nights? (maybe like once a week) or could it just be that my diet isn't good enough?
Also, I try not to touch my face very frequently.
>>
>>11085506
also its usually just around my jawline/chin area.
>>
>>11084688
Jesus Fuck

You better be trollin', niggah
>>
File: IMG_0654.jpg (211 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0654.jpg
211 KB, 1280x960
I don't get acne much, but when I do it seems to be like pic related.

It's a small cluster of redness of my temples with small bumps that come to even smaller whiteheads. I've looked at those body map things and they all say it's linked to lack of water and too much processed foods, so I've been drinking a ton more lately since I already try to avoid trash food.

What kind of acne is that and do you guys have any input? Thanks
>>
1. antibiotics
2. retinoids
3. azaleic/salicylic/lha acid
>>
Any one ever tried a cream made out of honey and cinnamon?
>>
>>11069557
If he wants to fuck up his bowels, sure. They discontinued accutane due to it's side-effects lol. I took it and was lucky enough for it to not fuck me up.

I myself mostly still have some scarring, but acne itself is pretty much gone.
>>
>>11086904
If you sleep on any other side than on your back, you should switch and only lie on your back without your face touching your pillow
>>
Buy aciclovir. They are pills. I had quite serious acne and within 2-3 months it was gone.
>>
>>11087348
That's an antiviral medication. It'd only help if your acne were caused by a virus.
>>
File: Dwz9vTV.png (316 KB, 441x360) Image search: [Google]
Dwz9vTV.png
316 KB, 441x360
I tend to moisturise immediately after cleansing. Does it matter if my face is still damp from cleansing- should I wait until it's dried?
>>
File: Brand new 199.jpg (218 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Brand new 199.jpg
218 KB, 1200x1600
Anyone have experience with this? Looking for a daytime lotion with SPF and knew that cetaphil was a good brand so I picked it up
>>
>>11087675
No youre right, aciclovir was because I had for some time herpes labialis every now and then. Fuck there were these other pills that I would take that after a month all your acne would kinda "dry out" and then vanish
>>
File: 47537-583x480-eczema.jpg (22 KB, 583x480) Image search: [Google]
47537-583x480-eczema.jpg
22 KB, 583x480
Who /eczema/ here? I can't get rid of this shit. Tried all kinds of ointments from different dermatologists. Hydrocortisone helped but it just kept coming back.

Any pills or injections that work better? I was thinking of seeing an immunologist to see what is causing the inflammation.
>>
Struggled with acne until I stopped washing my face. Literally. I haven't let any soap touch my face for years and I've been acne free ever since.

I looked like OP before.
>>
How do I get rid of dark circles under my eyes?
>>
>>11069471
>>11088671

OP AND EVERYONE IN HERE. GO ON ACCUTANE OR ITS GENERIC. I HAD REAL BAD ACNE, IT DISAPPEARS IN A WEEK AND FOREVER. It is a god send. I tried all the bullshit creams the docs were pushing, finally went to a good Dr at Duke and he put me on it. It dries out your skin like fuck but it's worth it.
>>
>>11088671
Ok senpai, i'll give you my fucking secret. And don't be a lil bitch and go telling anyone else about this shit nigga. You go to your fucking doctor or dermatologist and you ask them to prescribe you this shit. But this shit aint no goddamn thing you can just go and buy, no. You need a nigger to make this shit for you ok?
You need to get them to make you a cream with the following ingredients.

3% LPC, 3% Sal Ac, 3% Sulphur and 3% Urea. Now go and get that shitty eczema of your body
>>
If acne was as diet related as you fags act then fat fucks like Boogie wouldn't have clear skin.
>>
>>11069471
I dont know if it was just time but from 15-18 I was pretty zitty, 20 now and I literally never get acne.

I drink plenty of water, have a decent diet with plenty of healthy fats, and I dont consume much dairy or carbs, might have something to do with it,
>>
1. Accutane
2. Enjoy the worst side-effects of it for your entire life, like me
>>
>>11089664
like what?
>>
>>11087166
Accutane fucked me up senpai. I felt like shit for four months. But now I have the skin of a Greek god so I think it was a good trade off
>>
>>11090545
oh ok I thought you meant it would make you feel shitty for the rest of your life. Was it the dry skin or did it make you depressed or some shit?
>>
Lately I've been cleaning my face with some salicylic acid daily, I think it really helps to remove that layer of dead skin+oil+all kinds of shit that landed on your face throughout the day.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good pomade for the acne-prone?
>>
I used Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Daily Advance Lotion and my skin's getting red. Help!
>>
>>11071545
Lance them friend.
>>11071652
Would you say more greens helped? I've cut out milk and most meat but I still don't eat enough dark green vegs
>>11073565
Vitamin D my man
>>11076139
How harsh is accutane?
>>
>>11087980
yes I use this. It's ok.
>>
>>11076139

Shut the fuck up with your dietary bullshit. Hundreds of millions of americans eat what ever the fuck they want and have clear skin but you expect me to become a gluten free vegan to MAYBE have acceptable skin.
>>
>>11092503
please don't spread false and harmful advice. If you lance cystic acnes, there's a bigger chance of scarring than just leaving it alone
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.