[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is not my home board. I read the sticky, and still think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 130915612248.png (62 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
130915612248.png
62 KB, 255x255
This is not my home board. I read the sticky, and still think my best option is creating this thread. Anyway:

I'm going in for an interview for what could be considered a "proper job" next week. I want to wear a decent fitting suit for the job, and don't really own a suit. I have matching slacks and coat that I bought at a Target several years ago because I've only ever had jobs where they don't really give a shit what you look like. The problem was, it was ill-fitting when I bought it, and I've lost a bit of weight since then. The cruel irony is that because I've worked nothing but those shitty jobs, I don't really have much money to spend on a good suit. My limit is $200, ideally after paying a tailor to fix whatever I end up buying. What do?

tl;dr need a suit. What's the best (and ideally cheapest) course of action?
>>
rent a suit, ez pz
>>
Maybe if it isn't too fucked take the current shit you have to a tailor/dressmaker.
>>
>>11064779
How much would that run, you think? It's a black suit (really, a matching coat and slacks) from Target. Would it be worth taking to a tailor?

Assuming yes, what would be a good shirt color to wear to an interview? I'm worried about looking like I'm on my way to a funeral or weird Men in Black convention.

Obviously, I know nothing about fashion or clothing.
>>
>>11064771
What kind of job is it?

In my experience, it's acceptable to not wear a suit to an interview for most job types.

Your best bet would be a light sweater with a button up underneath with a well-fitting pair of slacks/chinos and some black dress shoes.
>>
>>11064804
It's essentially a teacher at a preschool. But I think it's technically a government job. It's complicated.
>>
>>11064771
Hello. If you already have a pair of nice pants (grey woolen ones or beige chinos) all You need is a blazer. It might be difficult to find something decent but check out sales or even buy used one. One condition- it has to be in your size, grey or navy. Then take it to tailor. IMO that would be better than black suit. Post where You live, mby we can figure something out.
>>
>>11064903
I pretty much don't own nice anything. The closest thing I own to beige chinos are khaki Dickies pants (or trousers, since I think we're in UK time now). That's the level of not having nice things that I'm at.
>>
>>11064771
If your definition of matching slacks and jacket is ANYTHING BUT BLACK TROUSERS AND A BLACK JACKET OR GREY JACKET AND GREY TROUSERS you need to buy something new OP. I would suggest you buy a grey or navy slim fit suit from asos. Don't even bother getting some shitty khaki beige trousers with a navy jacket tailored. ASOS really is a good option for your price budget and if you're only going to use it for the odd occasion it'll be fine for you.
>>
This is all you need op

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Slim-Suit-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4195058&sgid=8853&cid=5678&Rf-200=33&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=3&clr=Navy&totalstyles=151&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0&r=2
>>
>>11064998
>>11065002
ASOS came up while I was just doing a cursory search before asking for advice here. I'm just reluctant to buy from there because it's online only. I'm wary about buying clothes (especially something that really has to fit well) online, without a chance to try it on.
>>
>>11065008
Measure yourself (chest, neck, arms, torso length, etc.) And then when you're online, look at the sizing guide for the dimensions of the jacket. You're going to want to get it tailored anyway so buy the closest size that everything will at least fit (you can have wiggle room) and then get it tailored down. You do want the shoulders to fit well, though because if not they're a bitch to tailor.
>>
>>11065008
If you buy your correct chest size it'll fit you well. And if it doesn't you can go to a tailor.
>>
>>11065002
>82% polyester

yeah sure mate
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 409x409
>>11064771
There is no "proper job" for a free man.
>>
>>11064994
Post fit. Mby tailor will do the trick
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.