[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
picking an outfit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Babe.jpg (173 KB, 994x1024) Image search: [Google]
Babe.jpg
173 KB, 994x1024
Going to a formal which is going to be more of a semiformal and casual setting for my girls sorority.

This is what she's wearing. Can't decide on what to wear.

I'm thinking blue pants, white shirt, gray suspenders and a bowtie to match the colors.
But I also want am thinking of going more spring fashion and wearing lighter shades.

What's your input?
>>
full rick tbqh family
>>
>>11063150
What do you mean
>>
>>11063307
REEEEEEEEEE
NORMIE
>>
>>11063315
>le ree xD
>>
>>11063120
>Bow tie
I'm gonna guess you aren't in a fraternity?
You are gonna look like a humongous faggot

Source: fraternity member in the SEC, only bottom tier fags wear bowties
>>
>>11063120
I'd go very light or even white pants, blue shirt and bowtie with a blazer or sportcoat.

If you're really balling, swap the pants to bright yellow or do red or green pants and a white shirt.

You weren't seriously thinking about not wearing a jacket, were you?
>>
This is the worst place to ask this question. Go ask /r/mfa
>>
>>11063327
I'm not in one, and she suggested it so was gunna roll with it.
>>
>>11063328
And the shoes are important. Don't know what you're working with on that front.

>>11063327
Lel, get out of here child, Ivy League men are talking.
>>
>>11063120
cut out the suspenders and bowtie. Both are maximum faggot tier. Just wear a sport coat that fits well so that you won't be an embarrassment to this girl and your parents.
>>
>>11063336
>Ivy League
North is GDI as fuck, y'all let niggers in your fraternities.

Don't ask for advise on how to dress concerning a formal, and then get mad at the only person who has attended countless formals in my tenure.
>>
>>11063337
There is literally nothing wrong with suspenders under a jacket, and bowties are fine so long as they're of a conservative design. Lime green and pink with seahorses and shit like that is how bowties got such a bad rep recently.

The key to a bowtie is for it to be a little messy. If you're a prissy bitch about it, you'll look like one.
>>
File: IMG_20160214_101948.jpg (266 KB, 1311x1311) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160214_101948.jpg
266 KB, 1311x1311
>>11063337
OP here...love my suspenders so most likely gunna wear em.

I'm a big dude, think its gunna be hot so don't really wanna go with a sports jacket and I don't think most of the guys that go wear them if any do.
>>
>>11063120
well if your girlfriend is wearing a mini skirt with plunging cleavage and stripper shoes you can wear whatever the fuck you want, cause that's no formal.
>>
>>11063376
Accurate.

>>11063120
That's kinda obnoxious-sounding, but the kind of outfit expected at events like that. Go for it.
>>
>>11063360
Then there's a limit to how good you're going to look. You can't get your hands on a tropic weight or linen coat?

>>11063352
>North is GDI as fuck, y'all let niggers in your fraternities.
Sure, talk shit when you even know what pic related is.

>>11063376
>he hasn't experienced the amazingly trashy but officially tolerated fleshpot that is college
>>
>>11063387
That's not the outfit expected. Holy fuck, please only speak if you've attended a minimum of 4 formals and have been blackout for atleast 3.
>>
>>11063396
I've been to my share of sorority events. The standard for men is somewhere near the floor, if not below it.
>>
>>11063120
white shirt

gray/dark gray wool trousers or light blue/navy chinos

no bowtie or suspenders

wow
>>
>>11063360
edgar?
>>
>>11063120
senpai id smash
>>
>>11063360
Collin?
>>
>>11063360
>strong tall Aryan man
>dating a shitskin

Jfc
>>
>>11063454
Lol who you
>>
>>11063395
I feel like this is supposed to be some sort of prestigious American institution, but it just looks like some modified mid tier suburbian house
>>
>>11063464
I'll tell you next time I see you, keep you guessin
>>
>>11063475
Well fuck... no idea who it could be
>>
nice bod on your girl
>>
>>11063395
I have, friendo. I was a lil baby gay at one of the seven sisters, but I still know the difference between going out crap and formal wear.
>>
>>11063474
it looks like a frat, which is just some modified mid tier suburban house
>>
>>11063945
It's a sorority formal.
Not very formal.
>>
>>11063307
gtfo tbqhwu family
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.