[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's your social class, /fa/? http://www.umsl.ed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: prole cap.jpg (8 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
prole cap.jpg
8 KB, 236x214
So, what's your social class, /fa/?

http://www.umsl.edu/~keelr/010/livingroomscale.html

Every class has its own fashion, I suppose, but the living room is where you get placed for sure. I can't imagine how embarassing it must be to score a "prole" on this scale.
>>
>>11062714
Middle class. Not bad, pretty accurate.
>>
>>11062714
I got a 2
Where does that put me
>>
>>11062837
You're basically fine so long as you don't dip into prole territory. To get to that point, you need a whole ton of things that are objectively poor taste.

The things he considers upper class aren't common design elements in newer houses, so they often just indicate that you've been rich a long time.
>>
i'm upper middle class
this test is shit
>>
>>11062714

>tfw high-prole
>>
>>11062714
Just read this book. Fucking hilarious. That chart - and the discussion thereof - isn't very accurate to modern living, though.
>>
>>11062714
This is retarded. Having expensive computers as a media center is not prole.

Also,
> Having some gay prep newsletter is better than having renowned science journals, scientific literature, and newsletters from places like SLAC, fermilab and CERN

ishiggy 2bh. Seems too outdated. People who live in medieval filth are not upper class. Someone who lives in a literal hovel would score better than me simply because my shit isn't 18th century.
>>
>>11064075
Being obsessed with the new and "progressive" is incompatible with the conservative attitudes of most old money. Being a scientist is emphatically upper middle class at best and usually middle class.

Class isn't a value judgement. I think science is great, but that has nothing to do with whether it's classy.

>>11064063
Fussell's a funny old coot. His advice would be taken more seriously if it weren't worded in such a way as to drive off middle-class and lower normies.
>>
so basically you need to live in a barren castle to be high class... fucking dumb lmao this is the most old money shit I've ever seen
>>
File: 1428105076538.jpg (20 KB, 582x329) Image search: [Google]
1428105076538.jpg
20 KB, 582x329
>>11062714
>Every item alluding specifically to the United Kingdom add 1
>>
>>11062714
Fucking lmao
>>
File: laughing_soldiers.jpg (69 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
laughing_soldiers.jpg
69 KB, 490x440
>>11062714
I got 162 although i come from the upper class. This is test retarded.

Also
>Paris Match, add 6
>>
>>11062714
Living in a minimalist high-end luxury condo in probably the most expensive city in NA put me in the negatives

Is this test targeted for century-old European estates or something?
>>
>>11065143
I'm in the negatives too, but as a prole renter that filters life thru a laptop I kind of expected it.

Neither of us can really 'entertain', not the way the upper class is used to.
You can probably party harder than me, but that's not the fucking point, now is it?
>>
I scored 35, although my score is rather inaccurate considering I have only just moved in, so nothing is actually set up very well at all. Saying that I am probably lower middle / middle class.
>>
File: image.png (922 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
922 KB, 640x1136
You tell me, what's my social class?
>>
>>11065214
Oh wow, I did it incorrectly. I didn't realise you started with 100. I actually scored 124.
>>
HIGH PROLE
I
G
H

P
R
O
L
E
>>
shit tier
>>
this test is fucking stupid
>>
>>11065259
>>11065267
>>11064176
ITT: Proles getting salty
>>
is this a cringe thread?
>tiffany lamps
>fresh water fish is a negative, but salt water is a positive
>having less than 5 pictures on the wall is a negative
i could go on and on. sounds like it was made by a neckbeard
>>
Upper class. My family is old money and we own a relatively small castle in Scotland but I'm the second son so I'm basically just a loser who gets a free ride and a silver spoon, not total control after my dad croaks.
>>
>Paris Match
>Add 4 points
What the fuck? Poser test.
>>
>>11065629
Wait no, 6 points. Even worse.
Also what's with the hate on Tutankhamon?
>>
>Live in United Kingdom
>Every item alluding specifically to the United Kingdom add 1

out of my way peasants
>>
>>11065631
A King Tut exhibit toured the states a lot in the decade before that book was written, and a lot of plebs thought it was classy to have posters and merchandise from it. Not really a phenomenon anymore.

>>11065663
He has an estate...
A council estate.
>>
>>11065670
Indeed. This is really a U.S test, I don't understand half of these, cellophane on lampshades or plastic on furniture? What?
>>
>>11065685
Yeah, tasteless people, mostly old, actually leave plastic covers on stuff to keep it clean. I don't know if they think it actually looks good, but I suspect they're the sort who lives in terror of having to put any work into maintaining their stuff or spending money to fix/replace it.
>>
>>11065701
I've never heard of that. Holy shit.
>>
>>11062714
>high prole
accurate
then again,
who needs class when u have swag? ;^)
>>
bullshit.
long line of lawyers who argued on the supreme court.
>>
>>11065227
You have a lot of girls who are friends but not many girlfriends
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.