[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
red pill me on how to enjoy fashion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
does any of /fa/ actually enjoy buying clothes and getting hairstyles which cost more than they are worth just because society says they're fashionable?

Only to look back in a few years and see pictures of yourself looking like a tit then be able to use the excuse of 'it was the fashion'?

I do this too, but I have never once felt satisfaction in buying a new item of clothing with the knowledge that I am only doing so to fit into societies standards.

tldr; do you actually enjoy spending money to be fashionable or do you just do it to fit in?
>>
>>11051898
You have the completely wrong idea. Don't dress for what you think society thinks is fashionable, dress for how you want to see yourself. Lurk more
>>
>>11051898
Oh, and pursuing fashion, at least beyond hypebeast memes and mfa clothing, is the opposite of conforming to societys standards.
>>
File: kV6XIgi.jpg (212 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
kV6XIgi.jpg
212 KB, 1366x768
>>11051926
This
>>
You'll never enjoy buying clothes if it's only to fit in imo.
>>
>>11051926
lurk less actually If you want to enjoy fashion
>>
>>11052028
Unless you are a very impressionable person who cant tell whats good from bad you would earn a lot from lurking, its a great way to aquire taste and get inspired. Constant exposure to fashion will make you understand it better, but i agree that stuff isnt always high qual here in fa
>>
>>11051898
this guy >>11051926 has it right. Basically you're thinking of fashion as following trends (or more specifically following them too late once they are what everyone's wearing / what's available on the highstreet).
>>
>>11052151
if not from the highstreet or online then where should I look for clothes?
>>
>>11052172
Thrift.. but to find the right stuff / put stuff together well as outfits, you will need to gain more of a sense of style, both in terms of what conventionally can look good (and then play with that - do some small things that look a little 'bad' and it becomes interesting) and in terms of what style you actually want to go for (that's the hard part). Never said there was anything wrong with shopping online either, but don't use the websites of basic mall / highstreet brands, or Asos or Zara or anything like that. use sites like Ssense, style creep, mr porter, End, Oipolloi, etc. Uniqlo is fine for basics - start there for plain tees and underwear, thrift most else (and you'll find more unique shit) and then save for designer pieces you really want occasionally.

Hope this helps friend, I won't be around to see your response as I'm quitting /fa/, at least for a bit. Wish you luck :)
>>
>>11053412
yes this guy has it right.
do online shopping for you socks, underwear, and t shirts. the basics.
go to thrift shops frequently, to build up a collection of clothes you like for cheep. visit each thrift shop in your area occasionally. you'll notice shitty clothes tend to hang around in thrift shops for months, but nice clothes will be gone in a few days. so visit often, but be selective with your purchases.
only order new/designer items once you have built a wardrobe, and your own style, but you collection is still lacking some key pieces.
but all this starts with developing a personal sense of style. look at people's clothes, is it a good outfit? does it work for their body? would it work for you? what do these clothes say about the wearer?
>>
>>11051898
Does any of /mu/ acctually enjoy listening to music just because society says it's good?

Yes, and so does much of /fa/ with clothes.

However, each has a subset of people that really, truly wears or listens to what they enjoy, independant of society's standards.
>>
>>11051898
>red pill me on x

Yeesh
>>
>society
At this point fashion is a subculture buddy. The average person doesn't give a shit about "fashion" which is why the average person doesn't care about super models, can't name a designer or a designer label unless it's gucci or louis or some shit.

I knew a guy who thought mall brand shit was designer. The average person is going into the mall buying mall brands and don't really care about fashion. They dress yes, but fashion no.

You get laughed at if you go outside wearing what's considered fashion if you keep close to trying to be an individual with your clothes.

For instance those purposefully ugly Raf shoes or those marshmellow soled Ricks would get you laughed out of town by most people. "Society" doesn't care about this stuff.
>>
>>11054928
Not that guy
But where can I shop for good underwear that isn't that cheap hanes and fruity loom shit? I change underwear everyday and that shit still manages to get holes in it.

What are some good brands?
>>
>>11051898
>not looking dope off the sales racks

Not gonna make it
>>
>>11051898
>DAH RED PYLL

Shut up, cunt.

>>11055117
I've had good luck with Calvin Klein and Mack Weldon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.