[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain the appeal of Rick Owens to me? I like it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 480x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 480x284
Can someone explain the appeal of Rick Owens to me? I like it on the runway but I've never seen anyone pull it off in real life, it just looks ridiculous and autistic.
>>
>>11051523
Can't unsee.
>>
Agreed lol, wannabe stealthy ninjas
>>
with a surplus of money people will spend it on just about anything

see: hoverboards
>>
>>11051523
Tbh OP /fa/ will probably give you shit and call you a neck beard.. >>/his/ just ask the history board desu
>>
>>11051523

Too many autists wear full Rick instead of just appreciating a single piece. RO makes nice leather jackets, knitwear and jeans.
>>
File: rick-owens-mens-ss-15-l.jpg (155 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
rick-owens-mens-ss-15-l.jpg
155 KB, 615x410
>>11051523
JUST
>>
>>11053150
PULL THE LEVER
>>
I like the materials he uses, and his shoe/boot silhouettes. Some of the outerwear is also really cool (Bombers, Parkas) along with a few of the waxed jeans.

I would never wear pods or the drapey silk nipple see-through tees though. I understand the aesthetic for them though, and I think they work better for women, since they are more delicate.

If you ever visit a Rick flagship store it gives you much better understanding of the label, simply by seeing the context it is presented in.
>>
>>11051523
i've seen a few people pull off full Rick- mainly women.
>>
>>11053752
V I C T I M
I
C
T
I
M
>>
>>11053751
WRONG LEVEEERRRRRRRRR
>>
>>11053752
Your points are valid but it only looks good on the runway.
>>
>>11053953
I've seen rick fits on girls, they're absolutely anime/10 but if the girl is cute then all the more power to it. the outerwear truly is nice like in this example https://www.grailed.com/listings/459182-Rick-Owens-Exploder-Parka
the denim ain't bad either, but it's not my cup of tea so there's that.
generally I don't think Rick can truly be pulled off outside of some cybergoth post-apocalyptic space future movie.
and no, I'm not the guy you replied to, but I do agree with his opinion on Rick. I myself don't have anything of his, I'd only go for something like the parka I linked.
>>
>>11051523
>tfw you get told by lots of people you pull of full rick irl
idk man it just feels GOOD
>>
>>11051523
Just like the other designers Rick has a lot of stuff which is unpullable on the street, autistic fans do the show taking the whole runway to the real life.
>>
>>11054663
'post fit'
>>
>>11054701
n-no find me in the rog nerd
>>
>>11051523
>I like it on the runway but I've never seen anyone pull it off in real life, it just looks ridiculous and autistic.
yup i 100% agree
>>
/fa/ likes rick owens because almost everyone on 4chan is a boring uncultured white nerd brought up on videogames, action movies and anime

it's the ONLY reason /fa/ likes rick owens, because it reminds them of naruto or some video game they used to play when they were 13
>>
>>11054803
yea because rick owens appreciation exists only on 4chan

fucking moron
>>
>>11054812
no but those people like rick owens for other reasons and they absolutely don't hail him as some kind of "god of fashion" like 4chan does
>>
>>11054817
do you live on 4chan
srsly
>>
>>11051523
People, in using it irl, forget the vision rick has for his work. Gothninja is retarded, acctually trying to understand and dress for what rick has in mind is godly
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.