[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate dr. martens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Why do you hate dr. martens?
>>
bECAUSE THEY ARE POPULAR!!11!1!!! :(((((
>:^((((((((((
>>
because scene and emo teenage girls wear them
>>
>>11034612
This
>>
File: 0127-my-purple-doc-martens.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
0127-my-purple-doc-martens.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>11034597
mostly because they look like shit on most feet, they tend not to look like in the OP but like pic related
>>
>>11034597
Because they moved production out from England into gookland. The leather quality is now garbage, and the silhouette isn't the same.
The expensive as fuck made in England range they now make are awful and crease in a very ugly way, which the originals didn't do.
Inb4 durrrr leather is meant to crease. Yes, I'm aware, but these crease in a strange way.
>>
>>11034597
Bought some 1460 mono 9 months ago on amazon.
Most of the time i don't succeed wearing them more than one day. They are heavy, the leather is not flexible enough also they shine too much. I prefer from far my clarks Mali boots.
>>
>>11034661
i have 2 made in vietnam docs, they are great after a year of daily wear. stop with the muh quality bullshit meme. docs are fine.
>>
>>11034597
They look great on younger girls who want to be edgy

You work for Dr martens marketing and we hate that about you
>>
>>11034771
My Salvatore ferragamo shoes have been worn for 5 years and look better than the first day you laced up your plastic pretend boots

If you really want some edgy boots get some well made ones guidi
>>
>>11034771
I am 40 years old and i had some 1460 when i was younger.
Just bought some doc recently and i can tell you that the quality is not the same anymore, not even the way they look on my feets.
>>
>>11034771
Doc are still solid shoes and they don't look bad but the quality is going down and it's a shame that they are selling some better built shoes for more money. Made in england should be their standard.
>>
File: 1460monofit.png (2 MB, 1133x696) Image search: [Google]
1460monofit.png
2 MB, 1133x696
>>11034612
why would you not like something because people you don;t like wear them? ffs like what you like
>>
>>11034784
Monos look fucking great
>>
>>11034779
yeah but they're only like 100$ even less when on sale. for that price they're great boots.
>>
because everybody and their aunt has them but i don't
>>
i want them but i look stupid in them :(
>>
Because they have narrow toe boxes that fuck up your feet.
>>
>>11034597
Only people that wear them here in Sweden are either skinheads or feminists. No kidding.
>>
File: 1.jpg (23 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23 KB, 640x360
>>11036547
>Sweden
>>
meme irl
>>
doc martens were hipster for like 2 weeks in 2014 and the only ppl i kno who still wear them are lesbians and scene/emo tumblr girls
>>
i've had a pair of stratfords since about october 2013. the inner lining started to tear in like 6 mo, they gave me horrible blisters to the point i bought thick socks just to wear them, they scuffed horribly and creased unevenly, and now the outer seam is coming apart leaving me exposed to the floods of slush that comes with midwestern spring.

i like how a lot of their designs look, but it's not worth it.
>>
i feel like its the goto boot for the "im punk xD" poser

I can't imagine the quality being very good but thats how I feel about them
>>
File: 20160308_100227.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160308_100227.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
No hate going on here. I love my docs.
>>
>>11039125
Hahaha, and upside down as well.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.