[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best french brands? >editions MR other ones that come to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
best french brands?

>editions MR

other ones that come to mind are:
>harmony paris
>ami
>apc
>>
>>11030407
also I forgot to mention Lemaire
>>
>>11030407
Lanvin and Jean Paul Gaultier
Lemaire is cool right now but I have the feeling he is more a one trick pony and won't have staying power in the industry
>>
>>11030410
>Lemaire is cool right now but I have the feeling he is more a one trick pony and won't have staying power in the industry

this might be true, but from a buyer standpoint I can't afford to buy too much of his stuff so I'm not really getting sick of it - after all the aesthetic is fairly timeless. I can see it being a thing which I keep coming back to every once in a while
>>
>>11030410
Lanvin and JPG are way past their peak
Lemaire definitely isn't popular enough for his look to go out of style very quickly compared to someone like Alessandro Michele's Gucci stuff, definitely not a one trick pony, the look definitely doesn't change a whole lot from collection to collection but I think it is so refined and subtle that the little changes he adds can give it a whole new freshness
>>
Just looking for some thoughts on LV stuff minus the super branded stuff. Is it worth it?

Thoughts on bags and accessories?
>>
>>11030436
JPG actually halted his ready to wear collections. Although the vintage market has a lot of great pieces still. Lanvin is still putting out beautiful stuff. I like Lemaire and think he has captured an attractive niche for the time being, I just don't know will he be able to remain profitable and adapt over time to different trends while preserving his image.
>>
>>11030410
Except Lemaire has been at Hermes before he even started his own label and minimalist clothing is not going away.
>>
>>11030410
boooo do your research
>>
>>11030407
Dior, forever and always
>>
Lemaire is boring and overrated
>>
>>11030554
damn did you get those buzzwords in a pack?
>>
>>11030407
Saint Laurent Paris
Armor Lux
Saint James
Petit Bateau
>>
Devastee
>>
Agnes b.
>>
>>11030517

this
>>
>>11030517
That's like saying Marc Jacobs is relevant because he was CD of LV.
No need to get flustered, time will tell if he can make it or not. I hope he does, but not convinced if the market will support him.
>>
>>11030803
Then look at the numbers. His labels' revenue trippled in the last two seasons. Of course it's still a small label, but clothes like his are way less vulnerable/dependant on fads and hype compared to stuff like Vêtements
>>
>>11030832
Tell that to Kris Van Assche.
>>
>>11030848
That's because Dior and KVA are pretty much the same thing and he never got much press or attention anyway.
>>
>>11030407
Coucou bonnegueule
>>
>>11030545
>>11030593
>>11030676

pleb

>>11030858
lol dior has quite nothing to do with what kva was doing under his own label.
>>
>>11030878
are you blind? it's pretty much the same luxe sportswear thing with some suiting inbetween. It's exactly the same aesthetic, same marketing, same advertising shot by Vanderperre etc.

It's no surprise his label went to shit.
>>
>>11030871
Coucou toi.
>>
>>11030884
Tu as oublié Ly Adams, c'est assez impardonnable
>>
>>11030898
Ah non je suis pas OP, je suis même pas sur Bonnegueule.
>>
>>11030905
Je te pardonne, alors. Mais sois vigilant la prochaine fois
>>
File: SmileRick.gif (3 MB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
SmileRick.gif
3 MB, 500x237
>>11030913
>>
Here are other french brands
LE MONT ST MICHEL
Melindagloss
De Fursac
>>
>>11030924
Editions MR is MELINDAGLOSS' new name, actually

They got tired of having to explain it, especially to foreign customers. Quite a shame, if you ask me. I liked the former name better.
>>
>>11030930
Explain Melindagloss?
>>
>>11030933
Yes, since it's a menswear brand and, you know, melinda is a female name. It was somewhat confusing for some stores and they had to explain its origins too often. So they eventually shifted to a generic, soulless name.
>>
>>11030937
What are its origins?
>>
>>11030939
They were drunk in a chinese taxi and randomly came up with a name they found cool. So yeah, the origins of the name are not so great bu the name itself was nice.
>>
>>11030924
De Fursac is just suits.
>>
>>11030967
Yeah, but if you want suits it's great
>>
>french brands
>good
pick one
>>
>>11031127
kys
>>
>>11030545
Dior during Hedi days was one of the Goats
>>
>>11031127
b8
>>
>nobody but OP mentions AMI
>It truly is the Secret GOAT
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.