[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is shopping for pants so fucking difficult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1455471344618.jpg (81 KB, 613x480) Image search: [Google]
1455471344618.jpg
81 KB, 613x480
Why is shopping for pants so fucking difficult
>>
i feel it
>>
Spongerick Owenspants
>>
>>11029034
When you find that perfect fit it's orgasmically worth it tbqh senpai
>>
No ass or short
both
>>
>>11029080
funny joke dude
>>
I feel you bruh. Honestly though just taking them to the tailor saves you a lot of headache. This is assuming that fit is your main concern.
>>
I did this in order to get good fitting pants:

>find a pair of pants that fit me well enough already.
>take them to a tailor and fix the parts that aren't fitting well.
>get pants back and try them for a while
>if they feel and look good, take note of all relevant measurements to consider and tailor future pants acquisitions.
>if they never fit well, go back to the tailor for fixes either on original pants or new ones with different size or width, etc

I'd say the best thing you can do is to talk with real tailors and have them work on your clothes based on your measurements.

When I was at the tailor I told him my story of never finding well fitting pants. He set some time apart and we had a nice conversation about fit, sizing, styles and other stuff related to cothing. The dude was an old man that seemed to have quite a lot of experience with the situation I was in so he had already done all the stuff I asked him to do on my pants for people that looked like me. At the end he even recommended me a few brands/materials to try because he knows they are easy to work with and get tailored.
>>
>>11031890
What should I do to find a real tailor?
>>
>>11031921
Go to a local tailor shop and try there? I suppose finding a good one is down to luck but it doesn't hurt to try and there is nothing to lose in asking.
>>
>>11031921
Try to find one that comes from suiting. Not the guy who hems H&M jeans for a living, but actually comes from bespoke. They are usually quite easy to spot from the store's window only. With them, you are pretty sure to speake with someone who is passionate and knows his shit.

If you can't find that, my best advice is to go to small high quality brands' shops, and to directly ask them to who they send their clothes when a customer asks for an alteration. More often, they know pretty well the town's best tailors and they will be able to give you trustworthy advice.
>>
why is it fucking impossible to find high rise slim fit jeans/pants

APC PS fits me pretty well but the low rise is killing me
>>
>>11032011
its not
lvc makes tons, most raw denim companies also make tons
sizing down on 501s works
>>
>>11029034
because you're fat
>>
>>11032011

I believe naked&famous makes high-rise models. Not sure about that though, but worth checking
>>
>>11032011
APC make super low rise senpai. after i washed mine they were unwearable. go for left field nyc jeans, all their shit is high rise and good quality
>>
>>11032020
You shouldnt size down desu. The thighs fit fine it's just the leg opening that I could see being tapered.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.