[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you justify spending so much money on clothing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-18-29-37-1.png (458 KB, 1052x1035) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-18-29-37-1.png
458 KB, 1052x1035
How do you justify spending so much money on clothing?
>>
>>11027710
I look at clothing as an investment. I don't buy anything I can't make a profit on. Think of it as liquid asserts, or stocks. The money is still there, just in a different form. In this case, it's in the form of clothing.

Sometimes I will buy something that I really want, despite the price. But most items I buy retain their value
>>
>>11027710
not being poor really
>>
>>11027720
I'm not really poor either, but older men often try to make fun of me for wearing expenssive clothing and i dont really have anything to say back.
>>
>>11027710
>Disposable income
>Buy iconic designer items on end of season clearance
>Buy other items that hold value
>Buy and sell Hype items (Yeezys, Rare Js)

It's really easy
>>
File: 6531.jpg (343 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
6531.jpg
343 KB, 1000x667
>having to justify doing something you like
if you feel guilty about it, spend some time with yourself and think about why you're being such a shit person, then make an effort to stop. Maybe spend your money on other things.
>>
my reasoning on spending anything is basically:
"will i wear use this often enough to feel like i get my monies worth out of it?"
>>
Tbh I almost exclusively op shop/sale shop so I don't spend much.
>>
>>11027710
Certain names retain value certain ones don't

Only spend on those that retain value or have the quality so high that price per use is miniscule.

Price per wear on an average $40 graphic tee is about $2-5 before it is worn out from h&m.
>>
>>11027751
Laugh at them for being poor. If you're not an arrogant bastard, you have no right wearing expensive pieces.
>>
>>11027710
Unique pieces that I like. For example... Julius 7 boots or pants.
>>
>>11030109
Or certain pieces are very unique & original that they're hard to replicate. Like most of the stuff Yohji does.
>>
>>11027710
Im rich
>>
Investment: social status, networking.
>>
The way I look at is more of a bang for buck.

Cost/ x amount of years = value of it

So I know I'll probably be wearing my cps for like 5-6 years, so I'll really only be paying $100/year.

I also cop most of my stuff off grailed/sales unless it's a one time release or something I really want.

When I got into fashion I realized I bought a lot of fashion off impulse weekly. Instead of buying multiple items multiple times, I could just buy me one article that will last me a long time. Instead of spending small amounts of money on a weekly/biweekly basis, I save up for a decent item. It's helped my bank account a lot and made my wardrobe much smaller and neater.
>>
I don't, I'm going to die soon
>>
I am actually making money on this hobby through flipping. I used to spend so much money on cars and it was just a big money pit. With clothing I can find used designer clothes for cheap on eBay and sales and then flip them online. I have had positive income for the last 18 months. I can't think of many other hobbies that can do that. Video games, drinking, cars, they are all money pits.
>>
I like nice things. Why the fuck do I need to say anything more than that?
>>
File: 1454565687260.jpg (40 KB, 218x232) Image search: [Google]
1454565687260.jpg
40 KB, 218x232
>>11027710
Shoplifting.
>>
>>11030496
u n me both brudder
>>
>>11030484
this pretty much.

i dont feel like wearing anything other than rick so i spend all my disposable income on new pieces. i always make sure i dont buy fashion pieces but only clothes that i will wear for a long time
i dont end up wearing the cheap shit anyways
also spending money on 2 designer jackets and some shoes isnt really that bad if you can wear them for a long time and they dont stop being your taste
>>
cost benefit analysis with my happiness for material goods. I love the shit out of yohji, love how it feels how it drapes etc. I feel comfortable and shielded.
I consider what else I could use that money for and it doesn't seem to bring me as much joy. Bit flawed but yeah.
>>
I don't spend beyond my means so I don't have to justify shit.

Seriously, just ignore poverty struck people who are jealous.
>>
>>11030496
>>11030503
how to get away with it
>>
That's just the only thing i want to spend my money on. I don't like anything else, i don't have hobby, and i'm very insecure i want people to see me as better than them. Clothes is what they see of me because i rarely even talk.
>>
>>11027794
>having to justify doing something you like

this
>>
>>11027794
This. Never justify.Once you start trying to explain yourself, you've already lost.
>>
>>11030496
>>11030503
which stores do you shoplift from? how do you do it? im so tempted but would not go where no ones gone before
>>
The real question is,

How do i justify not being wealthy enough for it not to matter?
>>
you accept your homosmex
>>
>spend hundreds on jeans/shirts/shoes whatever
>most complimented garment is some shirt i thrifted for $4
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.