[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /fa/ Tomorrow I've got my first job interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: baseline_casual.png (301 KB, 1678x876) Image search: [Google]
baseline_casual.png
301 KB, 1678x876
Help me out /fa/
Tomorrow I've got my first job interview for a table waiter position. I'd much prefer to under dress then to over dress, what should I wear?
>>
clean white shirt
black skinny jeans if you're skinny
black dress shoes
>>
Depends on the place.
>>
>>11025580
Always wear a suit to a job interview
>>
>>11026303
Thanks Dad, you can go back to masturbating to those cum-stained pictures of Reagan.
>>
>>11026303
If you show up to an interview for Circle K or Burger King wearing a suit you'll look stupid as fuck
>>
>>11026331
It's a safety net, you can bomb the interview but you'll still get the job
>>
>>11026360
Those places and casual retail stores get a shit ton of interviews, why would they choose a suit-wearing weirdo over a competently dressed human being?

>>11025580
A casual collared shirt, buttoned or unbuttoned with a white tshirt, some dark denims and adult shoes
no hats/sunglasses/faggoty backpacks

Basically just walk into H&M and buy whatever's on the "basic" section
>>
Just wear some slacks and a collared shirt not hard
>>
Rick owens
>>
>>11026303
>>11026312
OP never said what kinda of restaurant he's applying at, so he could be fucking himself by not wearing something a little more formal. But if he's applying to a chain restaurant a button down shirt and clena pants will do fine
>>
full Rick
>>
>>11027871
>>11027892
xDDDD so fanny hahaheheheh huehuehuehue
>>
>>11027894
>I can't dress for a job interview
>I'm offended by a harmless dank meme
>>
>>11026331
>>11026479
No, they will still be impressed. Especially if the interviewer is older than 25 (which is certainly likely).

The interviewer may recognize that the job is shit, but he certainly wouldn't want to hire someone who gives off an air of recognizing this as well. In other words, the interviewer would be impressed by someone wearing a suit, because it would show that the candidate will put effort into the job (no matter how shit it is). They don't want to hire someone who cops an attitude, and feels themselves "too good" to dress above and beyond for an interview - they want to hire someone who will do this, because it shows a message that they might go above and beyond on the job.
>>
>>11027984
this is the real reason for wearing a suit to an interview
>>
>>11027984
You're honestly autistic. If you ever show up to a job interview at a fast food resturaunt in a suit, everyone including the employer will laugh at you
>>
>>11025588
this
>>
>>11027984
read
>>11028427

Sources: I'm a manager at a shitty teen retail store who gets faggots dressed up in suits handing in their resume thinking they're smug. straighintothebin.gif
>>
>>11027984

if you're never going to wear anything more formal than a polo shirt at a job, you don't need to wear a suit to the interview. A tucked in shirt and chinos is about as dressed up as you want to get.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.