[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tattoos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
I'm looking into getting my tattoos. I've always wanted to get tattoos, but never did, due to just not knowing where to start. So I think I'm finally just going to get the piece I've been wanting for the longest, and that piece is the Social Distortion skeleton on my bicep, with the quote: "Born to Lose - Destined to Fail" in tattered ribbons above and below.

But the rest of my problem lies with - what do I get after? I'm really into rockabilly/American Traditional tattoos. Post your tattoos, or maybe even some cool ideas. I'm literally open to any advice.

Also, general tattoo thread.
>>
>>11023180
i want to get a sleeve but its soo much money
>>
File: IMG_7755.jpg (540 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7755.jpg
540 KB, 2448x3264
>>11023180
That´s mine...first one too.
>>
>>11023471
Next one will be a Revolver on the left forearm. Roses instead of skulls and "Pride is forever" in the Banderole.

Most People say stuff like "Pain is temporary and water is wet" blabla...

You should prepare to get called out on any decision you make. Especially on this board.
>>
>>11023474
Most people, you mean exactly like you will?
>>
>>11023518
Wat?
>>
>>11023471
You post this shit in every fucking tattoo thread expecting to get praised for your entry level tattoo. What more do you want from /fa/? To be included in the fucking sticky??
>>
>>11023525
>you post your Tattoo in Tattoo threads
well...yeah

"Post your tattoos, or maybe even some cool ideas. I'm literally open to any advice."

You didnt past your Tattoo, so you are trying to give advice I guess.
>>
File: 1455593155733.jpg (115 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455593155733.jpg
115 KB, 640x640
>>11023471
desu I don't like it, tacky af. I was thinking about having this done thoughts?
>>
>>11023537
I like that, which spot?
I´m not sure about the face tho...

And you should consider that the lines will get a Little wider after some years. But if you find a good Tattoo Artist he will give you better advice on that Topic than i could
>>
>>11023537
>judging people's tattoos
>while stealing others

the pic you posted is by Dan Morris who works in manchester. If you like his work, he charges £30 for a original design
>>
>>11023537
I like this senpai
>>
>>11023474
But pride isn't forever though brah.
>>
>>11024235
Why can't I live in Manchester holy shit. I live in nyc and my artist charged me almost $200 for an original around that size
>>
So glad I've never got any. Soon every fucking millennial soccer mom is going to be covered in ink. Fuck that shit, clear skin is the new effay.
>>
>>11024939
Tattoos always *were* white trash and soccermom-core. A few celebs or David Beckham having them for image purposes doesn't change that fact.

No human being who actually matters or is genuinely respectable has tattoos. This, again, does not include artists who do it for image reasons, I'm talking about people other people interact with on a daily basis.
>>
Why would you ask other peoples opionions for something that is going to be on your body for the rest of your life. And mostly why do you want a tattoo? and do you really need a tattoo?
>>
>>11024235
>Dan Morris
this guy just copies old woodcuts and drawings
why would you pay £30 for a "original" design
>>
>>11024939
Signifies you actually aren't a pussy
>>
>>11026915
draw something new, not flash
>>
File: jeanne.jpg (220 KB, 750x746) Image search: [Google]
jeanne.jpg
220 KB, 750x746
>>11023537

>having this done

you're going to steal other people's tattoos? fucking come on.

here's one of mine.
>>
File: 19kvXVy.jpg (800 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
19kvXVy.jpg
800 KB, 2448x2448
>I'm literally open to any advice.

look dude the only thing that i can tell you is that you need to develop a sense of what makes a good tattoo and what doesn't. the social d skeleton on your bicep is seriously fucking overdone and you should probably consider not getting it. literally every punk on the planet has that tattoo right next to their black flag tattoo. unless you listen to nothing but punk rock (but let's be honest, you're posting on /fa/ so that's not possible) then slot this idea into the "funny tattoo ideas i had as a teenager" fold

tattooing has exploded in the last 5 years thanks to social media. get an instagram account if you don't have one already and start looking for new tattoos and tattoo artists. build up a portfolio and develop a taste in tattoos. i can't emphasize enough that this is going to take some time. seriously dude, take about a year to do this.

TRAVEL. if you don't live in a big city, you will need to travel to get a tattoo done. there is no avoiding it. i travelled to europe several times to make it happen and it is worth it. save up some money.

my tattoo attached
>>
File: edge lords.jpg (278 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
edge lords.jpg
278 KB, 1200x900
>i have "art" on my body

tattoo shitters
>>
>>11027704
Your tattoo looks like either Plato, Socrates or Aristotle. Can't remember which one but one of them.
>>
>>11027721
If I wanted art on my body I wouldn't have left it on ur mum's face last night
>>
>>11027734

rekt
>>
>>11027730

it's plato. i have socrates on the other leg but he's unfinished.
>>
>>11027734
hey buddy don't bust my balls just cause you fell for the tattoo meme
>>
>>11027730
Well, the tattoo seems to imply a metaphysical dimension of abstract shape which the philosopher seems to attempt to comprehend, so I'd guess it's Plato.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.