[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning a trip to europe in late September for two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: Europe_countries_map_en_2.png (620 KB, 1473x1198) Image search: [Google]
Europe_countries_map_en_2.png
620 KB, 1473x1198
I'm planning a trip to europe in late September for two weeks, landing in London, and trying to definitely hit up greece, germany, italy, and if i can get a layover in Ireland that would be sweet, but is there anywhere you guys would recommend I stop?
>>
Considering this is /fa/, probably Paris and Milan. Copenhagen if you're into the nordic thing.
>>
>>11018640
Yea I was definitely going there, I'm just looking for Extra fun stuff to do lmao
>>
>>11019764
fuck chicks
>>
>>11019944
If I weren't paying to bring a girl I'm in love with along I'd be all for that
>Inb4 mastercuck I am very aware
>>
Berlin is one of the best cities in Europe
>>
Go to Eastern Europe

Prague (definitely)
Krakow (definitely)
Warsaw
Budapest
Slovakia
Slovenia

I found my (albeit short) trip around Eastern Europe to be much more interesting than places like Paris (though there is an APC surplus store I copped some good shit for 50% off from). Although Germany was my favourite place (I went to Hamburg, Berlin, Munich and Cologne/Dusseldorf/Bonn)

also
>/fa/ - Fashion
>>
Techno clubs in germany
>>
>>11020029
Sorry lol let me rephrase it to make it more /fa/ appropriate

What are some /fa/ places to visit in europe
>>
>>11020030
only correct answer
>>
>>11020022
>>11020029
Definitely hitting up eastern europe, Berlin is a must go, now prague is, and italy and Greece are way up on my list anyways too, is Venice super overrated?
>>
>>11020643
Venice is nice when the weather is nice but not really /fa/.
>>
>>11020643
If you go with your girlfriend it's nice and romantic.
Visit rome for sure, don't visit Milan. It can be /fa/ but there's not much to see (i've lived there 3 years)
>>
>>11020643
Venice will feel like a big tourist trap but the city is amazing if you know how it works.

Also Berlin is a fuckin must kreuzberg, friedrichshain, etc
>>
>>11020643
Venice in the time of the Biennale opening is cool, but it's 2017 so maybe not. Second week of September onwards is really amazing in Paris, so much happening everywhere because people come back to the city. My favorite time of the year (lived here since some years). Sorry for this guy >>11020029 if he only found the APC Surplus Paris...Exhibition Prix Fondation Ricard is a pretty good start for the season, go there and mingle.

Berlin for sure to party and see art.

Rome is nice, don't fall to that American Firenze meme, better go Rome.

Prague and Krakow are cool too, wouldn't go to Warsaw without knowing someone from there though, it's too big so you'll spend your time better somewhere else in Poland (Krakow, Wroclaw).

As a bonus, Brussels is really nice gritty city, Berlin-like, and Antwerpen is a smaller and more /fa/ city in Belgium. If you land to London, I would take a train to Paris, then (if going up) train to Brussels -> Antwerpen -> (maybe) Amsterdam -> Copenhagen and then fly to the next stop. But basically always take a train if the travel is less than 4 hours because most of the time you'll end up using the same amount of time going to the airport and waiting for the plane (I take the train even when it's more because it's nicer). Can be more expensive tho.

Enjoy!
>>
>>11021127
Thanks a bunch my man I really appreciate the kindness
What languages would you reccomend I try to learn the basics of while I'm waiting to fly out? I'm sure I should absorb a little french as they're je ne sais douchebags to foreigners from what I hear from just about anyone
>>
>>11021227
Most europeans understand englisch very well. Especially younger people and citizens of big citys.
But knowing a few language Basics (thank you etc) of every country you visit are useful.
I would recommend to visit Vienna if you are close to it.
>>
File: image-20160303_153106.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
image-20160303_153106.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>11021458
Already wrote it down my man :^) I've wrote down a rough draft of what I've got so far, im thinkin it looks pretty solid to me
Circled are solid must see sites, trying to see all the modern wonders, underlined are solid must cities lol
>>
When did this anti Western Europe meme start?
>>
>>11019949
Youre going to regret it when you break up anon you might want to rethink that.
>>
>>11022146
its more expensive, more crowded with tourists, and is now overrun by migrants
>>
>>11018555
>greece, germany, italy
Pls, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin and Stockholm are literally the only worth while places.
>>
Visit my City Antwerp..its Pretty Effay !!
>>
>>11021227
In France it helps to always be polite: excuse me, please, thank you, etc. because it's customary to use them in every situation and if you don't you're kinda considered as a brute...But learning more than this in French is also not going to happen unless you've actually studied it at some point. And yes the some waiters can be dicks, but don't worry the ones that are, are dicks to everyone except hot chicks / old ladies.

In Italy, Spain & France it makes sense to have a translator or a phrase book because there are people who actually can't speak English. Btw Lisbon is also a cool city, no one mentioned that.
>>
>>11023342
>implying we are dating at all
Hold me
>>
>>11023685
Greece is only an afterthought, she wants to see the islands but we can do that some other time lol we are going to Normandy beach tho, it's gonna be a 2 week trip so I've got plenty of time I hope
>>
>>11023685
you are a retard
>>
>>11023732
dude. just no.
i took a bus from amsterdam to paris. we had a stop in antwerp along the way. it is not effay whatsoever. it was my first time in belgium and i was shocked to see how ghetto it was. just no.
there are some nice baroque buildings in the old area, but it's mostly just arabs in sports clothing walking around filthy and soulless streets
>>
>>11024337

>Western Europe in a nutshell
>>
>>11023685
>stockholm
>worthwhile

lol nope unless you want to be raped by niggers
>>
>showing no love for Switzerland
Hit up Zurich for a day or two if you can. It's a really nice place and good to go shopping. But It's the most expensive place in the world so be aware.

Other awesome cities are:
Berlin
Amsterdam
Prague
Vienna
Kopenhagen
>>
>>11018555
it's cliche, but you should go to paris because it is fantastic.
>>
Some places in Paris are good, some not so much. I would say Vienna is a good bet for art/culture and travelling in Paris don't take the RER and avoid the Metro, especially late at night.
>>
>>11023685
>Must visit
Berlin (cheap as fuuuuck, super /fa/, best nightlife in europe, I visit it about 5 times a year)
Amsterdam (More expensive, very compact, beautiful)
London (everything you could want is here)

>Worthwhile
Copenhagen
Antwerp
Warsaw

>Avoid these tourist traps:
Paris
Prague (why are people saying this is /fa/?)
Florence/venice/etc
Barcelona

>Cool but not worth it if you don't have the time
Riga
Vilnius
Istanbul
Porto
Lyon
Utrecht
Rotterdam (this city is booming)
>>
The fuck you think you're doing in two weeks?

Even with five cities you're spending half of your time in a train or a bus. London, Amsterdam, Paris (or some nicer French city that isn't full of niggers, Toulouse is the new Paris). Then a third city from Berlin, Barcelona or Milan. London to Barcelona goes nicely and you can spend three days in every city which is still really small amount of time but allows you to see the important tourist places, shop a little and enjoy the changing atmosphere.

If you're doing England, Germany, Italy and Greece there's no chance you're doing anything else and even that's pushing it. Why in the hell would you go from London to Greece in two weeks?
>>
>>11024337
i am sorry anon that you had to witness such tragic scene but i can assure you that Antwerp is more than that...Yes we've got lots of immigrants but if you avoid some ghetto place like you mentioned,Antwerp is one of the most effay city in Europe..Just give it one more chance desu !!
>>
>>11024444
I mean most of the places I've written down aren't even set in stone, I may even have enough money to take a solid extra week off if I feel like we can't do everything we really want to do. Plus I'm not spending an entire day in most of these places. I know I'm being extra hopeful here, but I literally just started actually planning this trip lol
>>
Also how much generally are train tickets in europe?
>>
>>11024672
http://www.rome2rio.com/
>>
>>11024676
There is a whole board for travel specifics

>>>/trv/
>>
>>11024681
You've got a good point there lol
>>
>>11018555
It's all the shame. You won't be able to afford the actual proper stuff and will just go from chain shop to chain shop where it's all the same shit.
>>
>>11024648
If you aren't even spending a fucking day in a city then you'll have been everywhere but you saw NOTHING. That sounds retarded af desu
>>
>>11025390
I can't imagine there's an entire days worth of stuff to do in every single city on my list
>>
>>11018555
Another rec for Berlin, the city is dope AF and nice on the wallet

>>11024403
>Riga

I was waiting for somebody to mention this. I'm travelling to Europe for research and I'm going to have to stay near Finland for financial reasons. I'm doing research in Northern Finland and then I was going to go down and check out the Baltic states on a budget (Helsinki seems so overpriced, 30 USD for a room in a dorm wtf?).

I'm planning on staying in Tallinn and Riga. Is Tallinn decent as well? What's good in Riga? The architecture looks /fa/ as fuck but I have no clue how the nightlife and shopping are. How are the women there? Anything else to know? I'm contemplating checking out Vilnius as well but it'd be a bitch to get back to Helsinki from there.

Is two weeks enough time for Tallinn and Riga or too much?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.