[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't women age as well as men? Don't they spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: brigitte-bardot-recent.jpg (132 KB, 600x676) Image search: [Google]
brigitte-bardot-recent.jpg
132 KB, 600x676
Why don't women age as well as men? Don't they spend all their time on maintaining their looks? Could all the makeup be bad for you?
>>
>>11013713

Yes, makeup drains the skin
>>
>>11013717
I also thought maybe shaving is a good exfoliant, plus higher protein diet is more anti-aging than a carb heavy diet.
>>
It probably has something to do with men being fertile and women not being so after a certain age (menopause)
>>
A woman's beauty is largely predicated on their youth and health, while a man can be considered handsome in different ways over the course of his life.
>>
It's because testosterone and collagen production are positively linked, which is why women's skin sags and wrinkles more easily whereas mens is more robust.

Nothing to do with make up or carb diets or shaving
>>
>>11013747
Stop the broscience for once please, low carb is a dumb fad diet
>>
File: 65 years old.jpg (445 KB, 1159x1800) Image search: [Google]
65 years old.jpg
445 KB, 1159x1800
>>11013713
>Why don't women age as well as men?

I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>11014273
>plastic surgery
K
>>
White women age like milk
>>
It has to do with facial hair. Men have much thicker facial hair than women and this hair actually acts as stability for the skin. Similar thing happens with trees and their roots causing stability in the ground around them. If there were no trees or very thin/weak ones then the ground would actually crumble and fall apart
>>
>>11014292
Oh for fucks sake
>>
>>11014308
Uh it's true... Trees drastically reduce the rate of erosion. Just like a mans naturally thicker facial hair drastically reduces the rate of skin erosion.
>>
File: topkek-HD.jpg (448 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
topkek-HD.jpg
448 KB, 3840x2160
>>11014292
>>11014339
hahahahahaha

OH WOW

10/10
>>
>>11014225
men lose fertility too - their sperm becomes less motile and the genetic material is compromised. increased incidence of autism & trisomy 21 w/ older fathers.

physiologically we all kinda age like shit, pretty much all you can do to prevent decline is exercise and eat well - no magic bullet
>>
I'm tryna age like Gillian Anderson. She got EVEN SEXIER.
>>
>>11014273
>1 not-that-even-good-example out of ~2 billion
>>
File: jake_and_maggie.png (661 KB, 1000x511) Image search: [Google]
jake_and_maggie.png
661 KB, 1000x511
These two are siblings.
>>
how you age is mostly a factor of body fat % and to some extent how you eat and how much makeup you use.
>>11014270
>low carb is a dumb fad diet
post your body, you skinnyfat fuck.
>>
Bjork
>>
File: 11780405_102059965486b5zir.jpg (41 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
11780405_102059965486b5zir.jpg
41 KB, 698x960
>>11014739
Now its your turn faggot. Somebody who falls for a fad diet like this, obviously doesnt know shit about nutrition.
>>
>>11014252
This
>>
>>11015044
this isn't reddit
if you want to troll here in a non-ironic manner then you need to apply yourself
>>
File: fedor.jpg (74 KB, 579x797) Image search: [Google]
fedor.jpg
74 KB, 579x797
>>11015044

lel @ cutfags

do you even lift fuccboi?
>>
>>11015139
Lmao just stop
>bitches about carbs
>accuses me of trolling
>>
>>11013713
>Why don't women age as well as men?
It's a "deliberate" evolved trait so that men will only want to fuck young women with good fertility and high probability of being able to provide long-term care for offspring.

>>11014535
Maggie Gyllenhaal has never been attractive for one instant in her life, though. She's always looked like a pug dog that was about to cry, now she looks like a slightly wrinklier bulldog that's about to cry. Absolutely the most repugnant acress in Hollywood, I don't understand how she ever got an acting career in the first place.
>>
To be fair, a lot of older men really overestimate their attractiveness.
>>
>>11015240
What's that got to do with anything? The question was why women age worse than men, and they do -- no man has just himself as a reference for male looks, so whether men overestimate themselves is fully irrelevant.

Your post smacks of defensiveness t b h.
>>
File: Gillian+Anderson.jpg (50 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Gillian+Anderson.jpg
50 KB, 400x600
>>11013713
>le women age like milk meme

Hilarious
>>
Being an older male just means you can be valued for your money, personality and status which give the illusion of attractiveness. Women are only valued for young looks. There's no reason to be an older woman in shape and working out unless you're a cougar looking to fuck hung young studs. Men on the other hand are encouraged to work out and groom themselves to please women, while women can indulge in consequence free hedonism and develop bad habits.
>>
>>11013713
Makeup is a band aid

Women are already haggard at 23ish.

Women my age are fucked at 27-28 they look so old
>>
>>11013713
women are born with all their gametes. as such their bodies reflect how viable their eggs are. women age poorly because we perceive old eggs as bad on a biological level. if women regenerated eggs like men regenerate sperm (men are valued more for experience/skill at acquiring resources for offspring which improves over time) then you would find older looking women "distinguished" much in the same way women find older men to be.
>>
File: giphy.gif (988 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
988 KB, 500x346
>>11015307
IKR! compare her to david duchovny and then tell me men age better. everyone looks kind like shit by 65, but I know more good looking women in they 40s and 50s than good looking men in that range, but maybe it's because I know them all from yoga & pilates class.

RIP early 90s David Duchovny...
>>
>>11014273
those hands are a dead give away
>>
>>11013713
It's because we're socialized to accept men's flaws but not women's.

That's actually fucking it.
>>
>>11015517
>/tumblr/ brand salt: the best salt money can buy

It has nothing to do with socialization, you mindless patsy. If there weren't biological reasons, why would we even *bother* socializing people to think this way?
>>
>>11015540
are you saying there is a biological logic behind socialization, friendo? because I have some news 4 u! a lot of social norms are fundamentally arbitrary!
>>
>>11015540
like, "we are biologically hardwired to do xyz" is not a good enough basis for creatures whose most exceptional quality is their highly developed cognition to form social norms. that would be some lowest common denominator bullshit.
>>
>>11014292
Facial hair actually adds weight, which is why men's jaw skin sags a lot more than women...
>>
>>11014270
are you some sort of fuckwit mate
>>
File: Steven-Tyler-Love-is-Your-Name1.jpg (378 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Tyler-Love-is-Your-Name1.jpg
378 KB, 2000x1000
DOOLOOGLAGALEDAY
>>
I think I have an a Andy Milonakis -tier growth hormone disorder. I look 14 but I don't have a small dick. What gives.
>>
>>11016626
> implying that's a dude
>>
>>11015213
Not every actor has to be attractive lol.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.