[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: the /fa/m from forgotten flyover states post feels >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: get.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
itt: the /fa/m from forgotten flyover states post feels
> be st. louis
> nothing to do
> everyone just likes to fucking eat
> hoodie+cargo shorts at least for the past 12 years
> if i see one more fucking bitch in PINK and pajama pants REEEEEEEE
> never sure if i'm looking at a teenaged boy or an old woman in a bowl cut from a distance
> black kids don't even look fresh as fuck anymore
> no one wants to look like a tryhard so even the most upscale restaurants still have at least 10 people who thought a fucking tshirt and new balance were acceptable
> everyone looks inbred
> tfw kv with no qt bf
>>
move to a real city like chicago
>>
>>11010211
I'm from Chicago, it's not that much better here
>>
>>11010216
yes it is, you just don't realize how much better it really is because you spend all your time in a college bar or logan square
>>
>>11010261
> implying I like getting shot at or dealing with aggressive homeless people
>>
>be in idaho
>love cities, despise the outdoors
>unemployed, but have enough $ for rest of lease
>need to save up dollary-doos so i can leave
>24, wasting best years of my life in a place i hate

life is suffering
>>
>>11010765
Shaking my head family

Have you even been to Chicago?
>>
tfw live in kentucky and people still dress like mumford and sons here lol we are like 3 years behind
>>
>>11010848
>mumford and sons core
I could only be so lucky. We still wear flames on the bowling shirts fucking kill me.
>>
>>11010830
not him but i live in chicago and the sirens around here don't stop until 3 am and resume at 9 am and i dont even live in the south or west side, what neighborhood are you from?
>>
>>11010830
Don't need to be, I heard about all the murders and gang rapes in Chicago. Sometimes in that order.
>>
>>11010905
>2016
>living in flavortown
>>
>>11010198
>iowa
>fashion is perpetually frozen in either "retired father" or "dudebro" mode
>women everywhere in sweatshirts and jeans
At least St. Louis has things.
>>
>>11011769
Has what? Steakhouses and bars ran by republicans.
>>
>>11011841
What kind of faggot hates on steaks senpai
>>
>>11013164
A Bernie supporter(Cuck)
>>
minneapolis here. def better than any other shithole in the midwest, for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>11010802
What part family? SE here
>>
File: rents.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rents.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>11010198
Not a fly over state, but Scotlandfag here.

>nothing to do
>skinny jeans makes you a faggot
>Fred Perry is seen as chavy so people think I'm a chav when I wear my polos/knitwear
>had a guy call me a cheap cunt for wearing a raf simons x fred perry jacket because it had Raf under the laurel wreath and he thought it was some paki market fake.
>shopping centre is filled with people in their pjs/onesies.
>no bands come here except glasgow, and fuck that shit hole.
>no one recognises my CP trainers and thinks their generic sports direct sneakers
>got called a fag for spending 150 quid on an everyday jacket. ("Mate, primark has that jacket without the logo for £20")
>>
>>11010216
>>11010765
Its really not that bad. Just hang out on the north side.

>>11010802
lol join the military

as for me I live smack dab in between Milwaukee and Chicago. Its awkward because everyone is a hick, but the suburban kind.
>>
>>11013289
I lived in Glasgow for one year. Worst fucking year of my life. I got called a yank. Then a faggot because skinny jeans. Almost got addicted to heroin while there. Fuck your country.
>>
>>11013326
the northside is practically the suburbs. if i wanted to be in the suburbs with the occasional threats of gang violence, i'd stay in st. louis desu.
>>
>>11013254
Boise
you in pokey?
>>
>>11013326
fuck the military fuck the people who join (minus the people who get tricked into it because they're poor)
>>
>>11013681
Lol Obama Cuck detected
>>
>>11013326
>Its really not that bad. Just hang out on the north side.
I'ved lived in Chicago for 7 years and almost never go to the north side. It's probably the least effay part of the whole city.

But I guess I just like living in boring neighborhoods on the south and west sides. The crime really isn't all that big of a deal, per capita it's a lot lower than many other major american cities. Chicago is like capital of flyover land. At least it has enough culture to keep my occupied and I even found myself a qt art school gf
>>
>>11013289
>>got called a fag for spending 150 quid on an everyday jacket. ("Mate, primark has that jacket without the logo for £20")
they're right tho
>>
>>11013762
>Chicago is like capital of flyover land.
you nailed it senpai. columbus oh was the same way. there are a handful of places to buy clothes and the population exceeds 500k so you get so many people from there trying to pretend it's not just a cowtown in a cornfield

im in Portland or now. the population is smaller and there are less people interested in fashion but better quality things available in retail shops. also it's actually a walkable city, something that is a huge change from the cities I've lived in/around in the Midwest
>>
>>11013681
wow dude did your ROTC leader touch you?
>>
>>11013674
There some more Boise peeps here? We got some fresh folks here, its not s obad.
>>
>>11013289
Scotland's pretty cooshty desu, I'm not complaining...
>>
lol move to a real city like New York or Los Angeles cucks
>>
>>11013234
mpls reporting in
cool place but super uneffay
>>
>>11014803
>lol move to a real city like New York
>wanting to live in a city that smells like urine and garbage
>>
>>11014803
> getting robbed by niggers
> getting stabbed by white niggers on bath salts
>>
>>11013884
I was in Portland last fall. Portlanders are gross. It's literally tumblr the city. So glad to fuck off out of there.
>>
>>11010198
Hmu!
>>
>live in detroit
>only places that sell cool clothes are like 30 mins away in birmingham
>nobody gives a shit about how they dress here just girls in VS and guys in either old people clothes or pacsun
life is suffering desu
>>
>>11011841
Lol where are you in the city?? CWE and Tower grove have amazing bars/restaurants. Plus lots of great music venues in tower grove as well. In general if you're near downtown you can probably find something interesting to do.

Forest Park has great stuff especially the slam.
Also the art scene in general here is p insane. All that old money means people's art collections are fucking crazy
>>
>>11015432
That still doesn't equate to a /fa/ qt, though. Just fat bored white people who like eating.
>>
>>11016077
Have you ever been to the grove....
>>
>>11016093
I thought it was taken over by bored hoodrats in North st louis. You can't tell me I'll find
> attractive
> /fa/
> 21+ old singles
in st. louis, you can literally only pick one. I honestly need the names of such places, though.
>>
>>11016111
Maybe not /fa/ in the way they dress but the other two yes
>>
>>11016130
Then what's the point, they're so against fashion that they'll either be uncomfortable being around someone overdressed constantly or almost offended if you ask about them to consider some new pieces. I like /fa/ shit, so it's annoying to deal with people who are so cunty about clothes inb4 irony.

Please give me reccs, though, maybe I'll still have fun. Also, what do you think are my chances at the upcoming anime con?
>>
>>11016165
Ehh you'd be surprised I don't ever wear my out there shit when I go out but if I end up talking to someone it comes up eventually. I've rarely talked to someone who stopped talking to me purely because of how I dressed. My current bf is the last person I'd ever think to be interested in what I wear but he is. You just have to be you

Being attractive doesn't hurt either lol
>>
>>11016178
FUCK OFF ROASTIE
>>
>>11016191
?
>>
File: SYTO9S3.gif (515 KB, 216x118) Image search: [Google]
SYTO9S3.gif
515 KB, 216x118
>>11013174
>triggered insecure drumpf fag that feels he needs to make up for his micropenis by acting as 'masculine' as possible and lashing out at any perceived sign of weakness
>>
>>11013702
>>11014110
enjoy dieing for israel
>>
>>11016246
It's an r9k thing, just ignore him.
>>
>>11014803
>just move to Jew York bro, it's so easy, apartments and jobs will rain from the sky
>>
>>11017458
> being this much of a cuck to safety and job security
top kekariko village
>>
>>11016178
What the point of being /fa/ if you aren't /fa/ every time you go out. If you only dress for special occasions, that's not very cash money of you.
>>
>>11010198
>in dallas
>nothing to do
>fatties EVERYWHERE, the vastmajority of the people here are overweight and it's seen as the norm now
>only thing to do here is fucking eat and everyone is "obsessed with food xd"
>obnoxious basic bitches everywhere
>horrid traffic & hella spread out so have to sit in my fucking car in the heat
>conservative rednecks EVERYWHERE
>worst weather i've ever seen, today high is 90F, in august it's 110+F
>suburban shit for miles, it's like LA but without a single one of the good things about LA
>flat as fuck for 100+ miles in every direction
get me out of here f.am
>>
I don't even browse /fa/, I saw this on the main page but I'm from St. Louis and you really can't complain about having nothing to do when we've got the second best zoo in the nation and it's free. We also have like a million colleges in the city so there's attractive young people everywhere. There's plenty of music venues, too. I just moved to south city from north county and I haven't had much time off work to look around but it seems like there's plenty to do around here.

You're probably right about most people not being fashionable but if you think people are going to be "uncomfortable" hanging out with someone who consistently dresses better than them then I think you're wrong for the most part.
>>
Jesus fucking christ listen to you guys whine.

>muh st. Louis
Your city has more people in it then my entire fucking state. Get over your goddamn self. Quit blaming the spook of "women here suck" and realize the problem is you. Get out more or get cooler.

I live in a city of 50,000 and go to a school where women are outnumbered 3 to 1. I'm 5 hours away from a metro with at least 1 million people. I can count on one hand the people who put thought into how they dress. I live in a sea of Applebee's, McDonald's and Kohl's. Pickup trucks and Ben carson posters. Still, I don't fucking make a whiny thread to complain about my lack of initiative under the guise that it's for everyone.

Check your fucking metro privilege dude.
>>
>>11017852
>the place i live sucks so you're not allowed to be dissatisfied in any way with where you live
>>
>>11017789
>we've got the second best zoo in the nation and it's free.
I'm not denying that STLZoo isn't the shit, but that's not helping me get qts.
>We also have like a million colleges in the city so there's attractive young people everywhere.
>whythefuckyoulying.jpg
Attractive people in college? Do you mean a bunch of sportsfags and old guys creeping on young girls to see if they've still got it? As if. I can go a full day without seeing anyone over a 6 on a good day.
>There's plenty of music venues, too
Local bands by teenagers and failed musicians who are teachers in community colleges.
>You're probably right about most people not being fashionable
Of course I am.
>but if you think people are going to be "uncomfortable" hanging out with someone who consistently dresses better than them then I think you're wrong for the most part.
The difference in attitudes from when I wear my best shit versus pajamas is like night and day. I'm not calling them intimidated, but I am saying that I'm getting judged as a tryhard. We're very critical in these parts, one slight and no one likes associated with you; essentially /r9k/ or even /mu/: the city in a nutshell. inb4 maybe no one likes your shit attitude. Everyone's attitude is shit in STL. I assume Seattle freeze is like this.

>>11017852
See above, and yes, we have Applebee's in abundance, our feels are still the same.
>>
>>11018216
If you can't have fun watching local bands play then I'm sorry. Sometimes successful artists come through too though. There's also dance clubs and raves in the area, but I never really got into that scene. Even in a city like LA extremely attractive women don't just fall into your arms. I think you're just looking in the wrong places man. What part of town do you live in?
>>
File: 900x900px-LL-dd1f9af4_scaled.jpg (30 KB, 529x629) Image search: [Google]
900x900px-LL-dd1f9af4_scaled.jpg
30 KB, 529x629
>>11017744
I actually dress down when I go out, like I'm not going to wear geos and pod shorts to go to some college party where every other girl is sloppy drunk and spilling everywhere. Usually just cons, jeans, and a tee for going out and having fun that way I dont have to worry about anything getting fucked up.

Trust me, I have plenty of other times to style on kids ;)
>>11018216
You sound like youre own worst enemy really. Like if youre really going to be as picky as you come off then you must be attractive as fuck for those standards youre setting, youre probably not as attractive as you think( no offense). You cant expect perfection either, and you shouldnt want that right now(assuming youre young), like the perfect bf isnt going to just fall out of the sky, you really seem to want everything at want which is almost impossible to find anywhere.

Also what the fuck are you talking about there are no attractive people on any of the college campuses? Like are you really prepared to make that statement, when you dont even appear to be attending any of them. I see plenty of very attractive guys and girls without even going out of my way. I guess part of the attraction for you is having similar interests which is not bad but it shouldnt be a deal breaker if its not for them. Some of my best friendships have come out of me and someone else just talking about our different interests, it certainly makes a great talking point if the other person doesnt know very much about your interests.

Lastly I find it really hard to believe that you are wearing anything more out there then myself and catching lots of shit for it. Ive only once been confronted about my clothes in a negative manor, otherwise it has been people interested in what I was wearing or simply they thought it was cool.

So to wrap up
>lower your standards, ALOT
>you really arent as special as you think you are
>you probably should get out more
>>
>>11018286
you literally sound like a faggot sis
>>
>>11018286
No one gives a shit in alt. circles maybe. If you try hanging with spergs, it's no secret they hate you for being turbo-normie.
>>
>>11018286

first part made me cringe. Another fuccboi.

Yes i am triggered.
>>
>>11010848
>tfw from Kentucky and when I lived there everyone dressed in baggy jeans (you know the ones, granny made the holes for you because "why buy what you can do for yourself ;)", Nike trainers and heavy metal t-shirts
>>
>>11019515
> live in northern kentucky and someone unironically said nickleback was the shit
kill me f.am
>>
>Back home for New Years
>House party with old school buddies
>Friend's ex is in kitchen, i'm getting a drink
>she phones a friend for happy new year
>"Do you remember anon? From school?"
>She's looking me up and down
>"He dresses really well"
>"He's gotten pretty hot."

feels good man
>>
>>11011841
>>11016330

>unironically suppporting bernie sanders

you are a true cuck my friend
>>
>>11013289
>no on recognizes my CP trainers and thinks their generic sports direct sneakers

story of my life family
>>
>>11020788
>cant spell nickel
yep, you're definitely from kinturkeh

im just slowly realizing america sucks ass as a whole. even the "nice" and "effay" areas
>>
>>11010198

I mean, it's pretty much the same here.

> be in Paris (France not Texas)
> everyone just likes to fucking eat
> black clothing since 100 years
> if i see one more fucking bitch in UGG's REEEEEEEE
> never sure if i'm looking at a teenaged boy or an old woman in a bowl cut from a distance
> black kids don't even look fresh as fuck anymore
> no one wants to look like a tryhard so even the most upscale restaurants still have at least 10 people who thought a fucking tshirt and sneakers were acceptable
> everyone looks bored and smokes
> pretty happy
>>
>>11020788
>NoKY

From Erlanger/Elsemere SENPAI. 859 rep.
>>
>>11013289
this sums up all of britain except london tbqh

fucking hate this place
>>
>>11021197

> live between birmingham & nottingham
> £35 is too expensive for a tee
> parents say if i want new clothes i should go to primark
>>
>>11021030
see
>>11016330
>>
Ayyyy Chicago kid in STL too

I'm so fucking sick of yoga pants
>>
>>11010261
>>11010261
Logan square is a bit above normie core so, I can't say its as bad as the rest of Chicago. But the only place where people might be actually considered /fa/ is in Chinatown. desu , the rest of Chicago is pretty cancer chiraq core or just normie core but it is in the Midwest so u cant really expect much
>>
File: feels.jpg (295 KB, 1236x1600) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
295 KB, 1236x1600
>Minneapolis / St. Paul
>cultured (almost) music scene and ethnic food
>nearly nowhere nice to shop
>everyone dresses like plebs
>just enough civilization to keep me only slightly depressed
>"nice" enough that i'm too indifferent to actually leave
>hate my boring life
>too lazy to change
>someone kill me please
>>
>>11021591
Jeez what a fag
>>
>>11014131
you actually in Boise dude?
>>
>>11015419
you go to wustl?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.