[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rick owens and yohji users what sort of job do you hold down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 161232M202001_4.jpg (253 KB, 368x1405) Image search: [Google]
161232M202001_4.jpg
253 KB, 368x1405
rick owens and yohji users
what sort of job do you hold down to pay for this shit?
you don't strike me as the types to work in finance
are you just old money or something?
>>
>>11007315
just save until you can afford it
>>
File: sgctxe4.jpg (50 KB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
sgctxe4.jpg
50 KB, 1000x1334
>>11007325
totally, but even so, not everyone could afford to do that
I guess I'm curious what the average /fa/ user who wears yohji/owens fit does for a living
>>
>>11007336
Do you know a lot of /fa/ggots wearing Yohji and stuff? The few actually wearing Rick got geos and prisoners on sale or second hand.
>>
>>11007353
Best places to catch shit on sale?
>>
>>11007363
Oki-ni, Ssense, the usual
>>
>>11007315
>rick owens and yohji users
>>11007336
>yohji/owens

not even the most expensive designers plus are popular enough to have extensive 2nd hand/resale markets. why would u single them out are u new or something heheheheheh
>>
>>11007377
new af
I've been here <24 hrs and I can already feel my priorities shifting
those 2 seem to have captured the ethos of what I've experienced in my short time here tho
>>
>>11007383
yeah i could tell
>>
>>11007373
>>11007363
ssense sale is garbage. LN-CC, Oki-ni, smaller italian boutiques (julian-fashion, for example), farfetch.
>>
>>11007385
So how do you pay for this stuff (and the more expensive brands)? Old money or job? If job, what kind?
>>
>>11007404
If you make fashion your main hobby and interest and invest your money in that, it's not as far out of reach.
>>
>>11007336
im a student and my parents are middle class (closer to lower middle if anything), i have a lot of clothes coz i have next to no expenses (i dont go out, i only spend money on food, my gf and my bike), i get a job everytime i can and i do freelance graphic design and photography i study fashion design so i also sell alot of the stuff i make wich covers the cost of materials. i only buy used, wich i usually sell for more than what i paid for it when i get tired of wearing it. buying used is the best way to build up a decent wardrobe, it takes time if you arent rich but also forces you to only get the stuff you really want so after a few years you can have a really solid rotation, and a developed personal style. oh and another important thing to know is that if youre just starting out youre gonna do mistakes and cop shitty stuff, so i suggest you dont splurge on rand om rick leathers and things like that. the rule for selling stuff is good pothography and a long and slightly humorous description. good luck out there
>>
File: 1441556573159.jpg (767 KB, 1570x2046) Image search: [Google]
1441556573159.jpg
767 KB, 1570x2046
>>11007315
it's just a matter of prioritizing your purchases. Like yeah when I was 16 the idea of buying shoes that cost more than 100$ is insane but as you learn more about fashion and brands and quality, especially the build quality of Rick Owens for example, you realize that you pay for the quality of the materials and construction. There's still Rick Owens dunks from like 06' still floating around out there in perfectly wearable quality with a ton of life left in them. Plus, it's not people here are buying a brand new, fully priced Yohji or Rick piece for like 2 grand every week. Most people only piece together a few expensive things here and there, sprinkled throughout other, less expensive things just like any hobby really. Anyone with even a decent income can do it. I make under 40k a year and still live quite comfortably and own more than a few high end pieces that I've picked up here and there. It's just about pacing really; that, and waiting for Christmas and other seasonal sales that retailers often have running.
>>
>>11007416
For any income range?
I feel like the question is being dodged. You can just tell me to fuck off if you don't want to say what you do for a living, but that's what I've been asking this whole time.
People who wear $800 ninjacore pants: how do you bankroll this habit?
Are you bankers? Baristas? Drug dealers? Software engineers?
>>
they wont admit it but the ones who wear this kind of shit are just trust fund babies who pretend their not
>>
>>11007426
Solid answer. Selling the stuff is a bit of an epiphany. It answers several questions I've had about the ppl here:
It shows a clever way to rotate expensive wardrobes and it also explains how rooms look so spartan and minimalist (except for rich ppl with large walk in closets). Clutter and holding on to old fashion forever clashes with what I think I understand about this place
>>
i work at a boutique that carries rick and yoji.
>>
>>11007429
Got it. Nice pic btw. Like the sweater (and the sneakers of course)
>>
>>11007436
I mean, yea. Any income that let's you save and doesn't have you spending every single paycheck on simply existing, it should be possible to get what you want eventually. Also, like one of the previous comments said, most people don't buy stuff at retail. So $800 pants become maybe $300 or $400 pants on a site like Grailed.
>>
I have a quickly growing collection of designer pieces but

>Parents have money, put me through college
>No debt
>Extremely lucrative internship in college
>Few expenses
>Growing savings account
>Friends to broke to go do fun shit and travel extensively
>Feel like spending money during sale season (V Important)
>Get solid job right out of college
>Still no debt, car payments.
>Have even more money and don't really worry about saving every single penny

Also, Fashion items are better investment than my 401k right now.
>>
>>11007449
Does that mean you make bank or that you get large discounts or both?
>>
>>11007315
when you start buying rick owens shit, you stop dressing for the opposite sex and start dressing for yourself

in short, don't pay for that shit
>>
>>11007429
w2c top sweater????????
>>
>>11007459
>Also, Fashion items are better investment than my 401k right now.

your 401k is losing 60% of its value the moment you touch it for the first time? Cause your clothes are
>>
>>11007469
>you stop dressing for the opposite sex and start dressing for yourself
>Implying that's a bad thing
>Fabricating your personal preferences to fit others
>>
>>11007429
That fit looks terrible, why do fashion victims think wearing this shit is nice. Also you only pay for a name, not construction and quality. Clothing has diminishing returns
>>
>>11007476
Well it means you're the only person that's gonna lay you while your wearing clothes that cost at least a quarter-half of your monthly salary (god knows nobody with a good, real job wears that shit) or better yet wages, is you.
>>
>>11007485
Are you one of those saville row types?
>>
>>11007485
uhh mate I think he was showing his RO collection, that's clearly not a fit, there are 2 sweaters and 2 pairs of pants there
>>
>>11007488
Except not all women think it looks like shit. Stop being such an insecure, pandering cuck.
>>
>>11007473
Probably just Grailed or Ebay at this point. It's a brushed mohair turtleneck sweater from Sphinx FW15.
>>
File: photo (6).jpg (1 MB, 1534x3004) Image search: [Google]
photo (6).jpg
1 MB, 1534x3004
>>11007473
its an alpaca mockneck from plinth
heres a fit with it from a while back
btw its my collection picture, but i'm not the dude that posted that - personally i buy designer pieces by working my arse off, doing all the hours I can and scraping pennies. gotta live sparsely to buy luxuries my man, can't expect to have it all at all times
>>
Dont buy retail.

there are tons of used places to cop stuff for like 50% or mroe off of sticker price
>>
>>11007509
this is not true
but one of those would probably be a suitable substitute
>>
>>11007512
Sick fit
>>
>>11007503
Yeah, you're right, but I like women that are out of high school

How can you wear clothes like that and look like a decent or accomplished human being? You're literally buying clothes that make you look either poor or like you wish you were in 1970s dystopian films
>>
Basically I have almost no expense beside parties and food, I work like 10h a week + uni so I have a lot of spare money, plus I don't need to save up right now and I'll be working soon since I've almost finished uni and my parents can cover if an emergency arise.

Also like another anon said I prioritize my spendings differently. I don't get how people can spend 1k on an iphone that'll be outdated in 2 years or a 2k laptop or a similarly priced camera but generally those people don't get how I can spend 350$ on canvas sneakers.

And buying used/on sale means you save a lot more money than retail.
>>
>>11007538
>2k16
>caring about what people think of you

top cuck
>>
>>11007460
i make a pretty good amount, discount is nice and because i'm in charge of a lot of the buying, y3 sends me a lot of free stuff. just got white qasas.
>>
>>11007562
That's one hell of a perk. Post pix of you get a chance.
>>
>>11007512
thanks a lot
>>
>>11007571
no worries mate
>>
Im a content manager, get allowance, resell slp, and work at trade shows. Your job doesn't really matter to much, its al about having patience and looking for the right deal. I bougt new geos and most of my other rick pieces for under 250, but i just takes time.
>>
>>11007315
i don't care about the cost but tbqh it looks like shit
>>
>>11007670
Show us a fit you like then desu
>>
I make like 40k~ before taxes working part time and going full time to school (like 26 an hour)

I live at home and my only expenses are really my car/insurance, school, gf and usual bills

Saving up for when the housing market crashes in Canada. Most of my money are in stocks and etfs right now.
>>
>>11007757
>40k part time

how ?
>>
>>11007780
I work for the government and they pay pretty well

There's lots of internships that pay 28-32/hour for engineers though
>>
I'm currently unemployed, but just owning clothes and selling them works for me. Once you build a decent collection, resale and trade can get you a long way.
>>
>>11007757
>waiting for the crash
>most of my money is in stocks and efts

?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.