[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clothing > branding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: road.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
road.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
I'm looking for someone who shares the same dream as me, I don't want to live limited anymore.
>>
Explain yourself you cocksucker
>>
Creating a brand more luxurious than burberry and doper then supreme. Or some other branding, I just wanna get rich on some fly shit.
>>
>>11002301
The little people need the brands to recognize 'quality'.
Normal people will get their clothes from someone, either a tailor or an old grandma with too much time on her hands (eventually grandmas will know how to work an arduino, expect the knit market to crash hard), or are buying just basics, and never need branding.
>>
We ain't normal over here boy. But yeah you're right about the ''normal people'', I don't wanna ride the wave but make it.
>>
Tomas Maier, Brunello Cucinelli and Loro Piana already make what you aspire to make.

And wealthy people are aware of them. They don't mind the price tags, they don't want logos and labels. They buy the craftmanship and 100% cashmere (or in extreme cases vicuña).

I seriously doubt you can one-up these companies. They were in the discreet ultra-luxury-at-any-price game before most people here were even born.
>>
Damn, you just gave me some game. Never heard of those men before, didn't even know there was a market for it. I have to change my plans. Btw, where/how did you get this information?
>>
>>11002614
I come from a pretty well off family and got this stuff as gifts since before I even knew anything about clothes.

But it's not like they're some secret insider clubs, these brands are pretty well known by anyone above middle class. Hell, Loro Piana dates back to the 18th century.
It's just that by looking at the prices on their front page you can already tell their clothes are not designed for the 'masses'.

They're also available on upscale sites like Mr Porter and Matchesfashion/Luisaviaroma.
>>
to add to what the guy above said, brioni and moncler also make some sublime jackets and especially winterwear, their pricing is on the outrageous side just like loro piana but the quality is top notch
do not try them on if you cant afford them because going back to inferior stuff will feel awful (i have experience)
>>
>>11002614
>Brunello Cucinelli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldelzHcJzjc

Absolutely beautiful brand, beautiful values and ethics, treatment of staff, and it doesn't hurt they hand-craft everything in Italy. No third world sweat labor or inferior materials allowed.
>>
So you wanna make more luxury stuff for rich fucks who don't need any more stuff, how about not being a destructive prick and concentrating on the needs of the 99%?
>>
>>11002702
Other person.

I do think there is a market for well made, durable clothes that are affordable and not Army Surplus.

Thats what I would buy.
>>
>>11002719
Depends on what you call affordable. People are namedropping brands in this thread that sell 4 digit sweaters. My beater car I use to get to work barely costs 4 digits.
>>
I bought a Ralph Lauren sweather for 120 euro. After washing it for 2 times it shrunk. But I keep buying clothes from that brand becouse it has a clean design but the quality is very disappointing. I can't afford quality clothes, so that's why I made this thread about not wanna live limited anymore. It isn't about money, status or whatever stereotypical imaginations come with it. I just want my people to know how it feels to be at the top of the iceberg ( haven't experienced myself).
>>
>>11002815
Learn to wash your clothes ...
>>
That's a solid advice, thanks!
>>
>>11002815
You just dont know any brands/manufacturers that are good. I admit its hard to find something...

Actual quality brands almost never do excessive advertisement or advertisement at all.
They are just known for their quality and the quality of the materials and craftsmanship speak for itself, no need for logos. Examples: Crockett & Jones, Church's, Barbour, John Smeldey etc.

People who are filthy rich just buy bespoke, even shoes.
>>
>>11002815
There are some cheaper brands, that will deliver quality, in the materials if not in the finish (that one will never match the true luxury brands).

Cheap clothes, but in the right materials and well fitting, are better than the expensive ones - you can trash them without thinking twice, wear too expensive clothes and you'll act a lot more cautious, you should consider THAT too as a limit!
>>
You made a fair point, but isn't it a good thing to be cautious? Your clothing will last longer, the one who is cautious will even live longer then the one who isn't.
>>
>>11003712
Feeling uneasy in your clothes isn't the same as willfully exercising the virtue of prudence.

It will change the way you carry yourself, fucking up even the best fit.
>>
first off OP
your OP post does not make any sense at all and that's why you're samefagging- I was here earlier with 7 posters and it's still 7 posters at 19 replies

secondly yeah quality over quantity but I have to admit it's hard for to get good fits due to only have a limited number of good clothes in my wardrobe
>>
>>11002502
>>11002614
Additionally, if you want to take it to another level and talk about more interesting labels, Carpe Diem pioneered the discreet avant garde artisinal menswear market in the early 00's. Their whole ethos was extremely high quality, handcrafted, no branding or advertising at all. All of their showrooms were out in the middle of nowhere and very limited access. The designers involved never gave interviews or hyped their products. They were basically the anti-fashion high fashion label. All the artisinal labels since then have taken cues from Carpe Diem. They're one of the few labels where second hand pieces can still appreciate in value.
>>
File: 0b5a76211fd433158e8a3f34c86473db.jpg (124 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
0b5a76211fd433158e8a3f34c86473db.jpg
124 KB, 1000x1500
>>11004185
>Carpe Diem

CD is an experimental brand that made Rick Owens' esque clothing.

They were never wearable by the mainstream so they don't really enter into this topic, because 99,9% of people would not be seen in their clothing.

Yes they were handmade in Italy, minimal advertising, high quality materials, but not suitable for a regular person for regular daily wear unlike say Loro Piana.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.