[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NeedleCraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Does anybody on /fa/ practice sewing? I find it a super usefull skill if you're into /fa/ stuff.
>>
>>10998637
You call this shit sewing ?
>>
>>10998707
Darning is sewing m8
>>
>>10998707
uh, yeah?

sewing's the shit, I've got a number of handsewing projects in the works - eventually my socks will be nothing but repairs at this rate
>>
>>10998718
I have a pair of jeans that ive owned for about 5 years. I have made over 30 repairs to them, they look preaty cool desu baka senpai.
>>
>>10998786
30 repairs in only 5 years? jesus, they can't be very tough
>>
I need to get into sewing. Want to rip-off this jacket design because the shit costs $700+ -- and I ain't paying that.
>>
>>10998813
making a decent copy of a 700$ jacket will cost you way more than 700$ in the end. And that's with you being a genius at picking up sewing from scratch
>>
>>10998800
Im a welder and use the for work, I also do alot of outdoor activities in them.
>>
>>10998845
>>10998813
It depends on what the jacket looks like, he could potentially start from a cheap base jacket and modify it.
Post pic of jacket.
Definantly get into sewing btw
>>
>>10998856
That's entirely reasonable then. If they needed 30 repairs but you were just walking around in them and sitting at the computer like most 4chan peeps then I'd be worried
>>
>>10998923
Yeah, they get tears and stuff all of the time due to brushing agaised maxiniery and burn holes.
>>
Anybody know any good stitches other than running, back and whip? Specifically ones that look cool.
>>
>>10998786
pics?
>>
>>10998944
if you want cool stitches just learn some embroidering techniques
>>
File: button1.png (5 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
button1.png
5 KB, 200x176
>>10998944
Learn how to do buttonhole stitches
>>
>>10999147
theyre only good for finishing off buttonholes...
>>
File: _11164387.jpg (150 KB, 1100x1687) Image search: [Google]
_11164387.jpg
150 KB, 1100x1687
>>10998859
I was going to basically use a pattern from a hoodie/sweatshirt/turtleneck and modify it. The zipper would be the hardest part.

I have a neighbor who has done sewing for many years.
>>
>>10999166
Also good for patching small holes
>>
>>10998637
It's a useful skill whether you're into /fa/ stuff or not.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.