[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to make my own clothes? I am tired of paying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
is it possible to make my own clothes?

I am tired of paying like $150 for a rick tank top that prolly costs $4 to manufacture. how do i make my own rick and julius? Obviously only tees and tanks~

cheers~
>>
you can but you will not have access to exciting and delicious materials like rick does, so the amount of effort you put in will be fruitless as the end product will always be shittier than our supreme designlord
>>
File: RBPo3Y5.jpg (251 KB, 920x568) Image search: [Google]
RBPo3Y5.jpg
251 KB, 920x568
>>10998166
wtf you're right, i was looking up cloths to use but they are all like shitty DIY craft materials?

where do i get HIGH FASHION DESIGNER PREMIUM RICK OWENS RAF SIMONS JULIUS COTTON MATERIALS?
>>
>>10998169
make em yourself.
>>
>>10998172
how
>>
>>10998169
easiest way is to link up with a factory but they dont wanna even hear about it if you need less than 500m
>>
>>10998161
>prolly costs $4 to manufacture
Kill yourself.
>>
Bump, curious
>>
http://www.b-u.ac.in/sde_book/fashion_sew.pdf

ALSO: THE NET IS VAST AND LIMITLESS.

CHEERS,

S
>>
Just check a "Create your own clothes" site, everything will cost you something around 15-40$. Seen people put "Pigalle"-logo on a 15$ shirt, then sell it for double the price, crazy stuff
>>
>>11000192
don't fucking do this omg
I go to my local fabric store, shit feels and looks top tier. I cut out an old shirt that I had and kind of used it to get an idea of the pieces I was going to need to cut out. I measured my chest and all that and it's self explanatory from there.
>requires sewing machine
>>
for tees and tanks OP you will get shitty results without a cover stitch machine and a serger. luckily you can buy one machine that does both serging and cover stitch, maybe $500 for a decent one. buy some tube jersey and go to town.

keep in mind you are not a malaysian child slave and you are buying the fabric retail. it will never be anywhere near as cheap as fruit of the loom. but cheaper than rick owens, yes.
>>
>>11001688
>$500 for a machine
>hundreds of dollars worth of fabric, not counting the fabric that goes to waste if he fucks up
Might as well just buy 4-5 fucking used Rick shirts which will last you your entire life for the price of that machine alone, plus you can just sell them for around the same price if you get bored of them lmfao
>>
>>10998161
fabric alone costs more than $4/m even purchased in volume

>>10999185
500m? lol try 5k
>>
>>11001692

sort of my point that it won't be as cheap as op imagines, but on the other hand, making your own clothes is great and i like to encourage it. you can do a lot with one of those machines. my friend makes her whole lingerie line with one.

anyway if you are spending hundreds on a few shirts' worth of cotton jersey something has gone seriously wrong
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.