[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fa/ just thought I'd stop by and review this shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: fucko.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fucko.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
Sup /fa/ just thought I'd stop by and review this shit

Will be reviewing Claymation, Quicksand, and Gravity Paste (free sample w/ order)

Claymation:
Hold: Good, I have thick medium length hair and compared to American Crew Fiber it's able to hold much better throughout the day while still letting me adjust it whenever I feel like

Smell: okay, gotta say Fiber smelled much better, this one just has a sort've strange smell almost like playdough, but I guess noone's sniffing my hair anyway

shine: not noticeable

Quicksand:
Hold: About the same as Crew Fiber, should be fine for short to medium hair lengths, will wilt over the course of an hour or two, making it hard to maintain the style I want, the texture of quicksand however is god tier, as the name implies, feels like quicksand

smell: bout the same as claymation, once again, not fantastic

shine: low/not noticeable

Gravity Paste:

Hold: a bit weaker than Fiber, maybe didn't apply enough to compensate for it's more creamy texture

Smell: smells like fucking toothpaste, why Hanz, why?

shine: says it's supposed to be medium shine, I couldn't really notice a difference

hope this helps
>>
hanz de fucciboi
>>
How to achieve this hairstyle? (i mean the slight shine to it) Will post my hair in next post.
>>
File: IMG_0942.jpg (155 KB, 923x1175) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
155 KB, 923x1175
>>10997026
Mine. I want to achieve that slight shine to it. What do i use?
>>
>>10997026
pomade probably
>>
>>10997044
link to a good pomade?
>>
>>10997041
i dunno, i would probably stop being a complete faggot first
>>
>>10997054
dunno man, never used pomade myself, don't like shiny hair
>>
>>10997041

yeah you need pomade, thankfully, this is my area of expertise

Actually I don't have too much advice, your hair is very different to mine, but basically, there's two kinds of pomades, classic ones that are oil based, like Murray's, and the newer ones that are water based, like uh, Uppercut, or Imperial, or Layrite

oil based are stronger, and don't dry out, so you can restyle them through them the day and have it still look natural (sort of). On the other hand, they're a pain, hard to work in, hard to work out, greasy, can fuck up your hair if you don't learn to wash properly, etc. Murray's can stay in your hair for weeks, they're also often cheaper, Murray's is 3 dollars a tin.

Water based are water soluble (a few aren't) so you can wash them out real easy, but they dry out easy and you have to apply water again if you want to get your part/pomp/whatever back in place, but there's plenty of homebrews and you can generally find something for you within them, they also mostly have weaker holds and less shine, but some are fixing that. The main problem (to me at least) is the price, usually 10 bux and up, sometimes as much as 50 dollars

Murray's is the beginner's pomade, everyone starts with it.

If you want a water based to start with instead, try what everyone seems to use, American Crew Pomade, although I personally fucking hate it, I have thick spic hair that it can't hold so it wasn't meant for me anyway, but since you're white you should be fine with lighter hold/water based pomades.
>>
>>10997552
Suave it is a decent pomade if you can find it as well. Good hold and a matte shine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.