[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
other than dressing well and smoking, what other things are considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: a.jpg (261 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
261 KB, 900x599
other than dressing well and smoking, what other things are considered effay?
>>
>>10996714
Smoking isn't even considered effay in most countries.
Fount this out the hard way in Japan.
>>
being anti-social and closed off but not in a childish way
>>
>>10996720
oh wow really? is it trashy in japan or something?
>>
>>10996720
Places that matter like Western Europe, smoking is very effay.
>>
>>10996720
???? I go to uni in tokyo and the amount of smokers here is unreal. I have a hard time believing people dislike smokers
>>
>>10996729
Yup, even young people consider it trash.
You can't even smoke in the streets, the only places you can smoke in big cities are little smoking boxes packed with salarymen, not really "effay".
Outside of big cities people literally don't smoke at all.
>>
>>10996743
That's true, the smoking boxes are fucking trash. But as a japfag I've always viewed smoking as v cool in japan. Although I personally don't smoke so maybe it's different
>>
>>10996743
seriously. that's terrible. i hope that never happens in the uk.
>>
>>10996743
I live in a rural part of southern USA, so tons of rednecks. Apart of the cool and 'hip' young crowd at the university and elsewhere, it's very clear that smoking is seen as disgusting and trashy. Only the hicks and old factory workers smoke or dip tobacco, so no, it's not /fa/ here either.
>>
who gives a fuck smoking cigs is /fa/ as fuck
>>
I go to a community college near a major university.
I see hundreds of very un-effay folks smoking outside the community college. They all look poor and sad.
Never seen a single smoker on at the university, and there are way more effay dudes.
>>
>>10996720
Weird because in the animu smoking is what all the cool characters do like spike speigel and onizuka
>>
Living your own fucking life is what's /fa/. Christ.
Also, being thin.

ever since moving into my own apartment I've been inadvertently losing weight and I've lost around 10 lbs over the last couple of months despite being a degenerate alcoholic and drinking 36 12oz beers and 2 40s over the last weekend. I'm now apparently 'underweight' but ain't no BMI chart gonna body shame me and tell me I'm not beautiful

I'm a trainwreck of a human being but I put at least two seconds of thought into the outfit I construct in the morning and I'm /fa/ as hell because I fucking say so and that's all it takes. Grow an ego, son.
>>
>>10996714
Drinking coffee in plain white mugs with Mickey Mouse decals if anything
>>
you make me cringe
>>
>>10997903
I'm from sydney aus and smoking is definitely seen as something 'cool' but it doesn't mean all trashy people don't do it.
>>
smoking is still cool in big cities in brazil desu
>>
File: 1357495467556.jpg (85 KB, 731x950) Image search: [Google]
1357495467556.jpg
85 KB, 731x950
smoking is only cool if you're already considered cool. it won't turn you into the coolest dude if you're ugly as fuck and dress like a slob.

pic related. the cig is shopped in, but the cig makes it look cooler because the model is already cool/attractive
>>
>>10996714
im in love with the coco
>>
>>10996714
>making your own coffee with an aeropress with locally roasted beans
>collecting vinyl
>owning a vintage road bike
>being thin
>playing guitar or synth
>watching foreign indie films
>music festivals
>skateboarding
>film photography
>art
>sculpting/drawing
>going to museums
>bird watching
>collecting plants
>>
>>10996720
You are delusional there are a shit ton of asian smokers.
>>
File: greta.jpg (100 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
greta.jpg
100 KB, 500x750
learning is /fa/
when I see someone trying to do something, be it a skateboard trick, losing weight, cooking a meal, playing an instrument, learning about film photography, I automatically respect them for being legit. Especially when they don't have any ulterior motive for learning it, like they're being forced to or some shit, they just want to
>>
>>10998572
not particularly
no
no
yes
no
no
yes
definitely not
maybe
yes
yes
sometimes
fuck no
see above
>>
>>10997957
Why are you losing so much weight? This is one of the main reasons why I wanna move out. At my house there is always easy access to food and snacks etc. When I move out I'm probably reduce the amount of food that I eat because I am a lazy fuck who can't cook anything whatsoever. Hook me up with some tips bro
>>
File: tear.gif (368 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tear.gif
368 KB, 500x281
>>10999679
T-That was so deep anon...
>>
>>10999711
Not him but he is right in some you said "no".

Playing any instrument used in rock music or making electronic music is fah. The first is more slp and the second is more in general as long as it's not a mainstream genre like "house" everyone and their moms does "house" and they all suck.

Skateboarding stopped being cool after the 90s because it was adopted by many many many stoners and now is just a scene for stoners.
>>
>>10996714
studying political science
part time modeling
living in the city (like centre, not around)
being in an underground music scene
speaking more than 2 languages
being an anti social socialite
being thin
reading
>>
>>10999954
Political science degree s aren't worth anything if you don't attach yourself to a name

Better run out and find a congressman that needs a volunteer
>>
>>10999679
beautiful
>>
Is studying environmental science fa?
>>
>>11000010
top kek
>>
>>10999954
>anti social socialite
just described me desu
>>
>>11000010
no
>>
>>10999954
>studying political science

there is nothing /fa/ about political science or the field of politics. anything heavily intertwined with government is not /fa/. washington dc and its shitty classical architecture is not /fa/.
>>
good god delete this thread. i havent cringed this hard in a very long time. you people are weird
>>
>>10999973
>>11000406
>polsci = government job
Kill yourself now because you couldnt be more wrong.

And I shouldve specified, all the mentioned criteria only apply when you live in Europe. I dont know about life in the US.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.