[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graduating in 2 weeks, got myself a office job with formal dresscode.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Back-office-stack-of-paperwork.jpg (167 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
Back-office-stack-of-paperwork.jpg
167 KB, 426x282
Graduating in 2 weeks, got myself a office job with formal dresscode.

is it time to give up on this hobby? I don't think there will be enough time for me to wear all my /fa/ clothes.

im slowly making my way to mfa-core?

:(
>>
>>10995341
Formal CAN be fa you know, just have to get creative
>>
>>10995522
but formal are boring, its literally the same shit every day
>>
File: dadcore.jpg (109 KB, 577x712) Image search: [Google]
dadcore.jpg
109 KB, 577x712
>>10995522
dad please leave
>>
>>10995522
>>10995578
there's a hell of a lot you can do with fabric, texture, silhouette, color, and cut, even on the same basic garments

I mean, that's what the majority of /fa/ is - it's just different items it's being applied to
>>
>>10995341
keep /fa/ it for your weekends
dress in good quality
dont be flashy and overdo it
and dont wear obviously better clothes than your boss!!
>>
>>10995578
>its literally the same shit every day
Office worker here. That's simply not true.

If you own, say, five suits, 20 shirts and 30 ties, three pairs of shoes, 10 different sock designs, that gives you 90,000 possible outfits. If you work 250 days a year, you can wear something different every day for 360 years. Even just looking at shirts, ties and suits you've got 12 years. And that's without factoring in that you will obviously buy new clothes periodically.

There is no excuse for repeating an outfit, no matter what the dress code is. Ever.

I reccomend starting an excel spreadsheet to make sure you don't repeat inadvertently. We all do it, there's no shame in it.
>>
>>10995991
Did you copypaste this from a Styleforum satire thread?
>>
>>10995673
>dont wear obviously better clothes than your boss!!

is this an issue really?

>>10995991
over 90000???
>>
>>10997904
you're in a formal office, it's not going to happen anyway.
>>
>>10995991
>If you own, say, five suits, 20 shirts and 30 ties, three pairs of shoes
you've bought too many clothes.
consider this: a working year has 260ish days, factorizes into 2*2*5*13.
with just 2 suits, 2 pairs of shoes, 5 shirts and 13 ties, you'd be covered for a year, that's good enough.
>>
FULL RICK
>>
>>10998627
that's not necessarily too many, but it's plenty
>>
>>10995991
You assume all shirts can go with all ties and suits etc.
Therefore...
I would deduce you hardly ever dress in a suit; matching your shirt, tie and suit to ensure they don't clash is fairly important and basic.

90,000 outfits my arse.
>>
>>10998627
>wearing the same five shirts every week
Absolutely disgusting.

>>10998726
As long as you don't buy anything too outlandish, most of your clothes should work okay together. Something like a plain white shirt, for instance, will indeed go with all ties and suits.
You're right that there will be some combinations that don't work well, but you're still going to have easily enough outfits to avoid repeating them.
>>
Go into the office wearing full Rick senpai
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.