[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on painted nails?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13
File: espresso.png (1010 KB, 628x615) Image search: [Google]
espresso.png
1010 KB, 628x615
Thoughts on painted nails?
>>
File: 1452611613375.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452611613375.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
I love painted toenails.
>>
>>10988820
too extreme if you're a man. in order for it to work, the rest of your outfit/look would have to be equally as extreme
if you were just wearing normal clothes, painted nails would look really goofy
>>
>>10988820
on a guy it can look cute if you're confident enough to pull it off
girls love it in my experience even normie ones
just make sure you paint them well and the color is something that doesnt clash w your fit (matte black is probably a safe bet)
>>
>>10988824
Black toenails + black handnails is the best thing
>>
>>10988824
Hnnnng post more Amber
>>
>>10989412
>handnails
>>
Depends on the person, I've seen some men pull it off well but it doesn't work more often than not.
>>
>>10989408
>girls love it in my experience even normie ones
I really doubt that otherwise more men would do it
>>
Assuming you're talking about men, if you don't have a rockstar, gothic or scene type of look, or some other such subcultural inspired aesthetic that would lend itself to having black nails it would look very out of place. If you're up on stage with black nails it cna look pretty cool, but going out to buy fuckin' milk looking like that? ech
>>
>>10988824
Painted toenails look weird as shit.
>>
its dope senpai everyones done it, ian luka tyler blue golden etc
>>
>>10990885
please tell me this is bait, you dont actually think that people like ian connor are cool right?
>>
I like the color black on women when it's used more with a sense of minimalism style fashion as apposed to some goth or emo chick which seems kind of immature. For guys, I would say it does look immature, goofy, and unprofessional, unless you're an artist of some kind. But I would like to see a way it can be integrated into men's fashion in a way that is not like that. I don't think it will happen though to many guys are self conscious or just don't care to paint their nails.
>>
I actually lose my appetite when I see painted nails, looks absolutely disgusting. Especially the ones that is coming off. Why do people put on such tacky shit
>>
>>10988820

I did it for fun, got one hand painted in all black.

Hilariously enough, nobody notices your nails. They only noticed if I was handing them something.
>>
I could see myself painting my nails matte black as a nod to post punk and goth styles. Maybe just one hand, I don't know.
>>
I don't care as long as its taken care of and kept up with one women

If a man has it I lose all respect for them
>>
>>10991535
Just do a normal black in that case then.
>>
>>10991917
but matte looks better
>>
what brand sells the best matte top coats?
>>
>>10992227
I always think matte black looks like an old chalkboard
>>
>>10992282
You can go to most nail polish brands and find a matte topcoat that performs like any other these days.

The worst you'll find is that some cheaper ones apply thicker, but that's only an issue if applying on grown out polish so doesn't really matter.
>>
>>10991036
Agreed.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 441x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 441x628
Alright this thread is shit at the moment between the usual matte circle jerk and the insecureboi posts.

Let's get some actual discussion going.

Thoughts on the inevitable onslaught of pastel releases again thanks to Spring?
I'm coveting ysl peace green. I don't usually fall for these pale greens after Chanel Jade but the pink shift is doing it for me.

Also h&m's nail polish is the shit. I bought some on a whim for a nice colour not expecting much from the formula but jfc it applies better than some of my £15+ polishes for £3.99. I'm building up a small collection already. Opaque, self levelling, glossy finish, long lasting.
I'm really surprised.
>>
>>10992418
Nobody paints their nails and nobody knows what you're talking about.
>>
File: 14257673317_63a6fd9fe0_b.jpg (136 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
14257673317_63a6fd9fe0_b.jpg
136 KB, 700x467
I am a shut-in, do too much cooking and cleaning, have sensitive cuticles and my nails always peel and break so painting them feels like a wasted effort. That being said, I'm liking this brand
>>
>>10991036

the worst is fat chicks who have giant painted nails. its like bitch get those hagpalms away from me and stop tapping the table with them like you're seductive.
>>
>>10992418
One of those colors that looks 10x better i the bottle. Not iridescent enough.
>>
>>10990323
lol thats not why more men dont do it. its considered feminine and most men want MANLY BURLY SWAG AND BIG BEARDS AND GAINS AND MONSTER TRUCKS ANYTHING ELSE IS FUCKING GAY AS FUCKING SHIT. Most other men would roast their peer/friend if they did something like that and call them a fagoot. Most young men are so unwilling to step out of the box anyways, thats why girls would like it. because it shows that a dudenigger doesnt give a shit
>>
>>10988827
>too extreme if you're a man

Are you fucking serious? Do you really think that painted nails are in any way extreme?
>>
File: male blue nails.jpg (34 KB, 437x315) Image search: [Google]
male blue nails.jpg
34 KB, 437x315
>>10988820
I'm a girl and I like them even on boys but they have to be colors that compliment them... Usually: black, white (can't go wrong with memechromes), light blue is super cute, navy and some can pull off light yellow.

/thin/inspo hands work better since they're more fine & cuter than thick hairy hands.
>>
File: Photo0000.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Photo0000.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1200
>>10989408

can confirm all of this, had black nails for entire last summer and some crazy colors as well sometimes. actually had girls come up to me and strike a conversation on multiple occasions, banged a few too. it really is about confidence. never got confronted in a negative way for it, people honestly dgaf if you're not being a faggot about it.

pic related is the most "extreme" I've gone with btw.
>>
>>10994566
Of course is about confidence. It's about trully being yourself and people that like you are going to like you and people who don't like you are not going to like you.

You gotta have that Gamma attitude, being authentic is the best and most important thing in this world. Always do what makes you happy anon.

Also that nail art sucks lol. you should try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kcdt4_5Ncc

That looks really good imho.
>>
>>10994608
>Also that nail art sucks lol
I know anon, as I'm saying it was an extreme goof really. Cool link.
>>
File: black nails.jpg (68 KB, 1016x343) Image search: [Google]
black nails.jpg
68 KB, 1016x343
>>10989412
>>10988820
How do you give black nails shine through? imo black nails don't look nice if they're not pristine shine looking.

>>10994613
Yeah, yeah don't worry it's understandable that you were experimenting.
>>
>>10994361
You overestimate how many men are obsessed with coming off as manly and underestimate how many would do anything to get laid. The truth is this might attract some girls but it will hurt your chances with many of them too.
>>
>>10994922
Not him but I agree with everything you said.

>The truth is this might attract some girls but it will hurt your chances with many of them too.

This is something I don't care about, to be /fa/ one must stop being a domesticated. You're not playing by the standards of society anymore, you must be #nxtlvl and try what you find aesthetic.
>>
I'm a girl and recently started painting my nails again (I work in a kitchen and am often doing dishes/wearing gloves). I've found Essie's "Wicked" to be one of my favorites. I've never met a male who wears nail polish, but I definitely think some men could pull it off.
>>
File: es.jpg (67 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
es.jpg
67 KB, 520x520
>>10995238
>Essie's "Wicked"
Wow just google'd it. Looks nice af.

>I've never met a male who wears nail polish, but I definitely think some men could pull it off.

And you probably won't any time soon. Dudes are usually very insecure of themselves or conform to pack mentalities way too easily, the few I know that don't give a fuck are from /fa/, that's how it goes pretty much.

That's why if you want to sell these men products like diet soda you have to do this, not even kidding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWpxdMxQE-Y

If you ever see it, he will probably be a musician, someone with a secure personality that doesn't gives a fuck.
>>
>>10994617
>How do you give black nails shine through
A glossy top coat. Most nail polish is shiny anyway, usually you have to make it matte if anything which doesn't even stay very long.
>>
File: kek.jpg (41 KB, 700x280) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
41 KB, 700x280
>>10995283
They tried it before.
>>
>>10994532
>cosmo's hands
Dude became a frankenstein tranny
>>
>>
>>10995979
I know, that only makes it seem gayer really. The "REAL MEN" dadcore crowd make everything seem gayer with they sexual insecurity even through they're trying the opposite. That's why I hate manbuns as well, I associate them with the typical "alpha male" sexual insecurity.

Just look at that image. They put rugged old dadcore models where painted nails can't even look good, skinny musicians are the ones who pull nail paint off not dads. Also pay attention to what these "alpha" hurr durr "REAL MEN" are doing one is seducing a girl so you know he is straight and the other is kicking a sandbag so you know he is "tough shit, I can take on anything" but would run away in fear if you mugged them with a good knife.

>>10996502
Yeah because he overestimated his looks. He was a cute boy I give him that... The looked nice as a dude.

maybe he thought he could pass and reality hit him hard in the end. I still like him a lot as a speedrunner, that's what matters to me anyway.
>>
>>10997969
>That's why I hate manbuns as well, I associate them with the typical "alpha male" sexual insecurity.
how are these things associated
>>
A Danish poet used to paint his nails black. His clothes weren't that special, but he was an acloholic and died of cancer, which in my opinion is the most /fa way to die.
>>
>>10998708
why are they are not called buns? why the man is needed? that shit is like chickening out saying "no homo".
>>
>>10998806
Cancer is usually a horrible way to go anon
>>
>>10999211
I know it's bad, but I believe it's more fashionable than getting shot or something else.
>>
>>10999967
It's like dying of old age as a young man, it's pretty harrowing to see, wouldn't recommend it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.