[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to pull off a cowboy hat without maintaining a cowboy aesthetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_inline_n44ohhFNyY1rts4n8.jpg (150 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n44ohhFNyY1rts4n8.jpg
150 KB, 500x666
How to pull off a cowboy hat without maintaining a cowboy aesthetic otherwise. This is a serious question.

(how to be Michael Gira thread)
>>
>>10983138
>cowboy hat
>>10983138
>without maintaining a cowboy aesthetic
if this is your approach, do not get a cowboy hat you queer, leave it to the steers
>>
>>10983138
Only Gira can wear a cowboy hat, you will not pull it off.
He is old enough and attractive (for his age), he is also talented and a musician. You are neither of these things
>>
>>10983138
The only way is to
>flex your muscles
>>
>>10983138
This way ?
>>
you're not Michael Gira.
>>
>>10983138
Very few people can pull off cowboy hats in formal wear, without looking "cowboyish". I'm from TX and wear my Stetson often, but even formally there's always gonna be that Western twang.

The biggest factors really are where you're located, confidence level, and not trying too hard. If you feel like you shouldn't be wearing a hat, you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb. Gotta walk around with a fat swinging dick level of confidence and you'll be off to an excellent start.
>>
>>10984162
Not a cowboy hat
>>
>>10984383
That is actually a cowboy hat, just not the traditional "cattleman" style everyone thinks of. The style that faggot is wearing is a buckaroo. Pretty old school, but a lot of actual cowboys still wear them.
>>
>>10985127
I live in Wyoming and I've never seen anybody wearing one of those.
>>
>>10985533
Down here in Texas I see plenty of ranchers use them. Hell, I've worn one a time or two, they work great at what they're for.

If you know western hats though, it's pretty common knowledge different regions have different needs/trends.
>>
Pls help me be as effay as based Michael Gira.
>>
>>10984138
>michael gira
>talented musician
pick one
>>
>>10983138Having worked in demolition for two years and a copper mine for five years, I'm hard pressed to accept that a woman could have an equally valid opinion as me concerning Filth. The feeling of desperate suffocation and existential futility associated with hard work of that degree runs so deeply with the music and lyrical themes that it completely goes over the heads of people who haven't/will never experience that.
>>
>>10986973
Go back to mtv pleb
>>
The only way to pull it off is if you're are legit farm/ranch worker, or oil tycoon.

You know the saying, steers and queers. You're probably the queer.
>>
>>10987262
As someone who's actually worked on a ranch and wears cowboy hats regularly, no need to listen to this faggot. A hats a hat, it's all about your location and confidence.
>>
>>10987330

Living in TX, seriously only migrant workers, ranchers, and rich "old boys club" oilers wear cowboy hats.

That said, if you live in a place like West Texas, a lot of peeps wear the hat just because of mah heritage.

Also I'm not hating on cowboy hats, but the fact OP has to ask doesn't bode well.
>>
be white and old

/thread
>>
>>10987349
I'd definitely agree with you that a cowboy hat is one of those things where, if you need to ask, you probably won't look right in one.
>>
>>10987349
Fair point. That being said, some of the places I've lived here just about everyone wore one, regardless of occupation/social class/whatever. You make a solid point about having to ask though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.