[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird to show a barber a pic of what you want your hair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: umo.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
umo.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
Is it weird to show a barber a pic of what you want your hair to look like? Do other people do this?
>>
>>10970065
I do it. Its better to have a pic reference xoxox
>>
I do that and my barber has 0 problems with it
>>
Stylists and barbers prefer it over your dumb explanations "Y-y-yeah I-I want i-it long on t-top and sh-short on s-sides".
>>
>>10970167
This, why do you think they have tons of lookbooks at any barber you go to lol.
>>
Are you fucking autistic op?

S/o to UMO though
>>
>>10970070
Show me the picture you show
>>
Just saw umo on tuesday. fucking incredible show
>>
File: 1452323608609.jpg (95 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452323608609.jpg
95 KB, 500x500
I show them this and explain I saved it for the hair and how I'm not a flaming homo
>>
>>10970352
why would you put product in your hair before going to the gym
>>
File: 1455432138893.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1455432138893.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>10970352
Just crop the body out....i would think you were gay too.
>>
>>10970394
> fotoshoot
>>
>>10970394
you wouldn't download steroids
>>
>>10970065
barbershops have lots of haircut magazines
it's just like showing to the barber that you want a cut like a pic from one of that magazines
>>
>>10970065
i do it, regardless of being weird tho
>>
>>10970352
Just crop it
>>
I do it, friends do it, gf does it, my sister does it.

It's normal. You want a certain look so it makes sense to show them
>>
not weird at all, most prefer it actually

you're not going to get what you want if you're not specific

but further more, find a barber that knows how to adapt what you want to fit you in particular

because you like a hairstyle and think it'll look good on you doesn't always translate
>>
Very. I got banned from a local barber because I brought a picture in.
>>
File: IMG_9992.jpg (484 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9992.jpg
484 KB, 1000x667
It makes their lives a lot easier and chances are you'll get better results than you trying to explain like an autist. Better to have pics from different angles desu
>>
>>10970065
some stylists actually expect you to show them a pic
>>
>>10970065
Depends on where you get your hair cut. If you go to a traditional barber shop with some old mobbed-up Italian cutting hair, he's going to call you a faggot for bringing a pic.

If you go to a salon with a hip young stylist, she'll be glad to have reference material instead of having to decipher your vague request.
>>
yes
>tfw home hair cut masterrace
>>
I don't do it for a simple reason: most hair models surprisingly have very thin and straight noses, which is not comparable to my schnoz.
So if I was about to show a barber a picture of let's say an undercut, the result would look totally different due to my facial features, which would be disappointing to both of us.
Besides, I didn't visit a barber for at least a year.
>>
>>10970065
I just tell my barber to fuck my shit up
>>
File: x3q97.jpg (216 KB, 708x500) Image search: [Google]
x3q97.jpg
216 KB, 708x500
Always.

Bring reference material the first time. Then, if the barber did it correctly and you're satisfied, take pictures of yourself.

Bring these along for your next barber appointment and enjoy the lack of fucked-up haircuts.

For a better result do this:
>Visit an expensive salon.
>Get a haircut from an accomplished barber that attunes a haircut to the proportions of your face and head.
>Ask the barber to describe what he/she did.
>Go home, write down what the barber said and take a fuckload of detailed pictures, do this immediately.
>Walk around and get mirred at for a few weeks.
>Go to a cheaper barber and use the description from other barber coupled with the pictures you took.
>If barber is halfway competent, he/she will cut your hair in the same way.
>Enjoy being mirred at without having to donate a kidney first.
>Repeat whenever you want to try a new hairstyle.
>Laugh as friends unsuccessfully try to imitate haircut.
>Your Übermensch meter fills up a bit more, feel nothing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.