[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fa/ggots, first time poster because desu I was just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Alright /fa/ggots, first time poster because desu I was just gonna chuck this up on b but I'm hoping you guys are a bit less retarded than them.. Basically I got some new shoes (Kustom kramers, basic cheap shit I know) and they rip all the skin off the back of my heal (pic related). What can I do to either break them in quicker or make them bearable to walk around in, cause atm I've been walking like I shit my pants.
>>
Fucking word filter, didn't mean desu, you know what I meant...
>>
>>10968008
just put band aids over the blisters before u put your socks on
>>
>>10968022
This. Bandaids are a fucking miracle of the universe when it comes to ill-fitting shoewear.
>>
>>10968022
>>10968059
Every time I wear them? I'd rather just throw the shoes out lol
>>
>>10968077
If you want to keep the shoes it's either bandaids or red socks, your choice.
>>
>>10968114
Dead set they'll never break in? Also it might be worth noting I've worn pretty much nothing but flip flops (Aussie cunt) for 95% of the last 3 years so maybe my heel skin is just weak?
>>
>>10968145
Of course they'll break in eventually, but for at least the first few weeks you should use them bandaids.
>>
>>10968059

They sell band-aids specifically for this
>>
aside from the blistering do they fit ok? because if you bought the wrong size they're never going to properly break in
>>
File: moleskin.jpg (382 KB, 774x1095) Image search: [Google]
moleskin.jpg
382 KB, 774x1095
use band aids if you already have blisters, but the best thing to use to prevent them in the first place is moleskin.

walk in your new shoes barefoot for five minutes. long enough to feel where the hotspots are going to be, but not long enough to get blisters.

then cut/apply moleskin in like 25% larger than you think you need.

re-apply each day you wear the new shoes. don't wear them more than every other day to give your feet a break. should be good in 2 weeks to a month.
>>
>>10968252
Yeah they're the right size. I'm massive (US14) and 6'5 so it's hard to find a variety of shoes in general, even online.

And thanks to all the other anons, I'll just use the band aids for a couple of weeks and hope it works.
>>10968264
What's moleskin? Just a branded bandaid designed for this?
>>
You might want to check it's actually a site that needs breaking in our if it just fits horribly on you.
In my experience of it fits badly, no amount of breaking in will change that. I have a pair of sneakers that are slightly to narrow for my feet and its a nightmare
>>
>>10968284
bandaids have a non-stick area to go over wounds and an adhesive section.

moleskin is thicker and more padded and there's no absorbant/healing section. it's all adhesive.

if you put moleskin on a blister or open wound, it's going to tear the skin/scab off when you remove it. which is why it's a preventative thing.

dr schools makes it. there are also generic brands. some offer pre-cut shapes, but you're better off buying full sheets and cutting your own.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>10968424
Okay thanks, I'll use these the next few days till it heals over then go pic some of that stuff up. Pain in the ass having feet my size... I get asked if "the myth about guys with big feet" is true tho so it's a conversation starter with girls if there's anything positive x)
>>
>>10968008
Post pics of the rest of your feet
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>10968618
Um.. Okay?
Ignore the fact that they're dirty, been walking around all day in thongs (Aussie cunt)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.