[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
T-shirt stains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: sweat_2Dstains.jpg (11 KB, 350x329) Image search: [Google]
sweat_2Dstains.jpg
11 KB, 350x329
Basically any t-shirt that I own for about a month develops stains of unknown origin. Can't tell if salt, deoderant, other, or some mix (most likely).

Are some qualities of t-shirt more resistant to this?
Should I shave the hair off my arm pits to prevent this, or will this just make it worse?
>>
It's most likely antiperspirant if you use that. Switch to deodorant or look up anti-perspirants that don't cause stains.
>>
>>10965507
this OP

If you absolutely need anti-perspirant, you can try using less, maybe only 2 passes over each pit, or switch to one that doesn't use aluminum compounds as that is what causes staining.
>>
>>10965507
any recommendations on deodorants? is there any decent one without smell? don't want it to break my cologne's aroma
>>
>>10965538
Yes you can find roll-on ones that have very little to no smell. You don't need anti perspirant, aluminium causes stains, AIDS and anal bleeding.
>>
>>10965538
salt of the earth
>>
>>10965677
too bad it's in your water supply at unknown levels, since the EPA doesn't require any metal levels to be monitored
>>
>>10965717
That's in the US :^)
>>
>>10965722
I can't imagine your home country monitoring it; aluminum isn't proven to be dangerous unless you have kidney failure
and even then it's only dangerous in dialysate (aluminum in the water would be dangerous even if a lay person was hooked up to a machine), not as drinking water
>>
>>10965504
Comfort Colors.
>>
>>10965734
Actually it does and results are pretty good.
>>
File: 57286p.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
57286p.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>10965769
and you are certain there's no metal piping in your home
cuz levels at a water treatment facility mean shit if the plumbing still uses aluminum (nobody's gonna spring for FDA approved plastic piping except a medical facility)

and by the way, that stuff grows mold like crazy
>>
>>10965769
oh and rest assured
get a chlorine test strip for verification
you're drinking bleach, bb
>>
>>10965794
I don't know about my pipes m8 but I'm doing fine.
>>
>>10965817
exactly
so don't worry about aluminum cuz it's not dangeorus
>>
>>10965830
It's dangerous for OP's tees.
>>
So am I just supposed to find some base to break up the bonds, or what?
>>
File: BS-020_StainSolutionBulk_1.jpg (150 KB, 1200x1757) Image search: [Google]
BS-020_StainSolutionBulk_1.jpg
150 KB, 1200x1757
>>10965840
then he can buy in bulk like the rest of us
>>
File: tide.jpg (12 KB, 384x134) Image search: [Google]
tide.jpg
12 KB, 384x134
is there anything wrong with these
>>
>>10965868
spot removers can make it worse. You need something that breaks down aluminum compounds.
>>
>>10965845
Eh.
I think It's less expensive to just refill on $6 t-shirts.
>>
>>10965504
Try washing them
>>
>>10966400
>Try washing them

I am the mess that cannot be cleaned.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.