[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fashion Business has killed Kanye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 19
File: 000.png (442 KB, 587x899) Image search: [Google]
000.png
442 KB, 587x899
This is why you don't go into fashion if you don't know what the fuck you're doing. If you were stupid enough to buy any of those shitty clothes because you thought they were the next big thing and you tried so hard to "get i", I hope you feel like shit

Because nobody is buying that crap
>>
Will he ever create another album better than this?

So far this is his magnum opus
>>
wait so Adidas pays him to design clothes, then manufactures everything, and markets it, and gets it into stores, and you think Kanye had to lift a finger or do anything other than cash checks
>>
File: Capture.jpg (121 KB, 1078x754) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
121 KB, 1078x754
>>10956078

Nope they wont down with Kanye too, none of these clowns is collecting any checks my friend
>>
>>10956082
haha adidas bailed out of the NBA deal too
they don't care about the north american market cuz they're completely dominating the world market
>>
>>10956082
i like how shares have been plummeting but they still pay a high as shit dividend rate
>>
>>10956087
>dominating
More like wasting money in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.
>>
>>10956082
How is Adidas failing when they have all the best collabs?

Literally the most based company
>>
>>10956071
No. MBDTF was his magnum opus
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 1546x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 1546x1600
>>10956220
That's that album you twat
>>
>>10956220
Are you blind?
>>
>>10956065
Is he really in debt just because he got into the fashion industry?
>>
File: c.jpg (9 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
9 KB, 236x314
>balding
>53 million in debt
>nobody is buying his new clothes
>rumors that he's a homosexual who likes fingers up his ass
>rumors that Kim Kardashian might leave him soon
>pleading audience to buy his new album

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
>>10956251
it doesnt cost 50 million to drop a collection so no
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3446718/Martin-Shkreli-Twitter-meltdown-claiming-s-scammed-15m-Kanye-s-new-album.html

>pay 37,000 buttcoins for ooga booga jungle noise
>get ripped off

Ayyyy
>>
>>10956275
>being this stupid to not realize he's joking

ayyyy
>>
>>10956275
>thinking Kayne would take payment in bitcoin
This has to be fake.
>>
>>10956275

It's fake and honestly that just makes it more pathetic. This guy is annoying to look at and not in a fun way. He's that annoying fucking loser who tries to be funny when people really just want him to go away
>>
File: shrug_3246314b.jpg (69 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
shrug_3246314b.jpg
69 KB, 620x387
>>10956065
Would never buy the yeezy merch

But kinda want that TLOP t-shirt
>>
>>10956242
>>10956249

>will he ever create another album better
>no

reading comprehension is lacking
>>
>>10956096
this
dont think adidas will be a float much longer
they are getting cucked by sketchers and UA and only need one more big risky investment until they are into walmart-core
>>
>>10956071
2nd worst album
>>
File: adi.jpg (35 KB, 548x369) Image search: [Google]
adi.jpg
35 KB, 548x369
yall r so dumb
>>
>>10956217
because it's more about how many shoes you can sell to normies
>>
>>10956991
>trusting charts
>2016
Adidas is going to die and its all because Yeezy didn't sell. Deal with it.
>>
>>10956991

>5 yrs

lol
>>
The funny thing is that resellers probably made 53 million off all his shit.
>>
>>10956999
out of all their varied products Adidas will die because Yeezy won't sell?? no wonder you don't trust charts
>>
>>10956991
dude, just look at nike's 5yr. Steady growth, and their market cap is 4x that of adidas.

adidas gotta get their shit together.
>>
>>10957604

Why's he in debt though

Hint hint, because he produced a whole lot of tan/brown colored shit for no apparent reason
>>
>>10957683
>because he produced a whole lot of tan/brown colored shit

When did Kanye get kids???
>>
>>10957685
About 4 years ago.
He gave them silly names.
>>
>>10957710
Well there you go.

Mystery solved.
>>
>>10956220
Agreed, that album is phenomenal.

>>10956275
He's lying for attention.

>>10956065
Of fucking COURSE he's in debt.

Think about it: his ego is through the roof, he's not terribly smart, and he is leaning really hard into multiple ventures that are notorious cash sinks (fashion, music, pretending he's rich, etc.)

Like most athletes and other musicians, Kanye almost certainly blows cash with the impression he's gonna make more cash in the future. He almost certainly also takes out massive fucking loans because of course people are gonna give him loans.

Tidal is a disaster and I'm loving watching it explode.
>>
>>10957721
>he's not terrible smart
Citation needed, Batebro
>>
File: kek.jpg (72 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
72 KB, 529x352
>>10957722
>>
>>10956065
So I'm guessing he's a lying sack of shit and isn't in debt
He just wants his fans to feel sorry for him or some shady shit
>>
>>10957721
>Tidal is a disaster and I'm loving watching it explode.

He's just going to claim bankruptcy, re-organize and continue making money. He might die poor, but his living will in no way reflect that.
>>
>>10957728
This seems like a poor attempt at revenge for slavery.
>>
Probably for the best anyway.

Any celeb that dresses like a wannabe lady gaga deserves to be in debt.
>>
>>10956253
nothing gay about your girl fingering your ass my guy
>>
yall are doorbells how do you guys think finances work.
>>
>>10957721
>>10957683

he's not in debt

this is a MSM music article that quotes kanye as "delaying his album by one week to beg for more tidal subs" when he already announced it's to fix a song on the album

he convinced adidas to pay for his entire fashion line and thanked them for it in great detail a couple days ago at his MSG event

>>10957728
not sure how it's a disaster when adidas already has the motivation to release his third season (again, completely funded by the company)
>>
ITT : People that know nothing about Kanye West
ITT : People that say things like "Kayne is so arrogant!" or "Kanye is an asshole!"

Enjoy your mom opinions losers
>>
>thinking Kanye is in debt

top kek
>>
Adidas doesn't have anything to do with the actual clothing, only sneakers right? Or did they collaborate with the Season 1?
>>
>>10956217
Because that's only a very small segment of the market.Designer Collabs and reissues of some of their more popular classics can not save them.

>>10956087
> Dominating
Not really. They have actually been losing market share even in their strongest areas. (Western Europe)

>>10956096
Probably to at least give some incentive for investors to keep there money there. Stock price is actually decent too. The one year return is around 43% and they actually beat earnings estimates just last week.
>>
>>10958204
their*
>>
>>10957777
Quads speaks...everyone pay more attention to this guy.
>>
>>10958204
Dude they dropped 1.43% since I last checked 18 hours ago

If you bought last night and sold this morning, you'd already lost more than this quarters dividend
>>
>>10957851

The man is literally funded by welfare money. It passes onto the african-american community, then passes onto him.

Enjoy your welfare/debtcore faggot
>>
>>10957851
Do you think Kanye is remotely rebellious or countercultural? That's all I could gather from your random mom insult.

He's a dumb black guy rapping about violence, whores, and Christianity. Thats pretty much the definition of being stereotypical and mainstream for a black artist.

Anyone who thinks Kanye is "rebellious" is being cucked hardcore
>>
>>10958352
here's your (you)
>>
>>10958340
you don't know shit, doubly so with your use of "cuck"

stop trying
>>
>>10956065
Finally he admits it publicly...

We're building a house for him right now and he hasn't paid us a single penny. In fact, Kim is the only one paying his bills while he sits around and gloats about how great he is.

He is the worst person to work with and I can't wait for this debt to truly catch up with him.
>>
not even a kanye fan but this thread is just a shithole
>>
>>10958367
List a single intelligent thing Kanye has done or said. And "making good beats" doesn't count; I never said his music was bad, just not innovative. I'll admit he occaisonally pops out some good tracks.

Kanye literately has songs where he raps about how he is better than you and how he bangs more girls than you. A guy bragging about how he gets more pussy than you to your face while you like it is dangerously close to actual cuckolding
>>
>>10958415
>I never said his music was bad, just not innovative
You never said either of those things
You merely told us you don't like his personality apparently
>
Kanye literately has songs where he raps about how he is better than you and how he bangs more girls than you.
The fuck does this have to do with anything?
>>
hah, good. fuck that cocky nigger

t. all mature adults
>>
>>10958260
>1.43%

Literally a drop in the bucket if you are long adidas. You clearly aren't looking at the long term in the first place if you are talking about buying last evening and selling this morning.

>If you bought last night and sold this morning, you'd already lost more than this quarters dividend

Most people who are investing for the sake of dividends are retirees or people who are looking to live off the dividend income. They won't be worrying about an insignificant 2 day fluctuation. They will be more concerned about growth. If you are so interested in dividends, then you should be looking at price action,profit and earnings growth not a stupid 2 day fluctuation. (which was very positive for Q4 2015 as I mentioned earlier)

I was just making the point that in no way did shares "plummet" as you alluded to. That is false.
>>
The schadenfreude in this thread is real.
>>
>>10958465
Addidas has even admitted to a lack of long term strategy, why would you buy into a dividend stock long term when the company itself has admitted to faltering long term plans?

I automatically went to short term because nobody in their right mind would consider buying and holding a stock that is about to restrucre
>>
>>10958448
I said he was "stereotypical", which implies being not innovative. Basic synonym/antonym stuff here

You then proceeded to fail at greentext, and still haven't given me a single example of an intelligent thing Kanye has done or said, which is all I asked for to prove me wrong.

Typical Kanye fan everybody
>>
>>10958469
OH NO DON'T BULLY KANYE!!!
>>
Why do white american teenagers defend this talentless hack all the time?
>>
>>10958537
because he's the most influential figure in music of the last 10 years and he's put out the most influential music in the last years
>>
>>10958512
But what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
And I'm not trying to defend Kanye, I don't why the fuck is it my job to find infromation to you, I'm just calling you out on your bullshit cause you can't really spout anything else.
Don't matter what the topic is if you are being this asinine.
>>
>tfw egomaniacs like him can make a fashion line because lol kanye but even with busting your ass to network you have a shit chance to even get off the ground
>>
>>10958481
Well you should stop looking at dividends because that's obviously counterintuitive to a short term strategy.

Still no sign of plummets anywhere. It actually had a good day today.

The company has been restructuring since the turn of the millenium and still sentiment is positive. So I still do not get your point?

You act as if there is no way to hedge a long position. If someone wants to get in at this point, even if there is some impending disaster (highly unlikely), then they can just implement stop-limit orders. It's not difficult at all.
>>
>>10958543

KEK
>>
>>10958543
lol
>>
>>10958537
The same reason so many white american teenagers embrace nietschze after reading his wikipedia page. Angst
>>10958551
Its not "bullshit" just because you are too dumb to understand the argument. You said that disliking Kanye was a "mom opinion", implying A. Kanye is rebellious/disruptive to the status quo, or B. All the cool kids like Kanye. B is just a bandwagon fallacy so I assumed you meant A, which is why I stated that Kanye is identical with nearly every other popular black artist when it comes down to it, and asked you for a single piece of evidence proving otherwise.

Considering you already fucked up the greentext, said "don't matter" like a hick (or ghetto trash), and still have yet to provide me a single example of him demonstrating any form of intellect, I'm just going to leave and grab some lunch
>>10958543
People say this, but I really don't understand how his sampling is innovative. Two of his biggest hits are essentially just loop samples out of Harder Better Faster Stronger, and I Got A Woman, with him and his buddies rapping over it and some standard hihats/snares/bass thrown in.
>>
God damn people not realizing that the markets are volatile right now.
>>
>>10958632
>spew nothing but opinions
>call everyone else dumb
>>
>>10958566
>>10958587
name me someone more influential in music than kanye?

>>10958632
try listening to more than just two songs.
>>
>>10958832
haven't posted yet and I've listened to every album he's made, if you unironically think he's the most influential person in music, you're either trapped in a bubble or in denial
how is this thread still up, too
>>
File: kanye-west-05.jpg (235 KB, 716x1000) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-05.jpg
235 KB, 716x1000
JUST
>>
>>10956262
He didnt drop one collection only, but he probs has a shit load of people working for him that shouldn't be there. His business strategies and solutions are horrible. He also spends money on stupid ass shit that doesnt get him any money, just costs
>>
>>10958832
I'm the guy you were referencing, was surprised to see this thread still on the front page and figured I'd respond.

I've listened to more than just those two songs kek, they are just examples of how some of his most well received songs aren't very innovative. I've heard Niggas in Paris, Mercy, All of the Lights, Power, etc etc. I don't like Power at all, and think its a garbage song, but for the most part I think his stuff is decent, and I think Mercy is a good song, especially the RL Grime remix. His music is just not as innovative as people make it out to be.

As a more influential example, I'm going to just go the easy route and say the Beatles. They have a whole wikipedia article solely dedicated to their production techniques: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles%27_recording_technology

No one is really the "most influential" though. If you want to play that game, as Ishkur's guide to electronic music points out, you essentially have to keep going back until you hit the first guy who made a note, as thats originally who its all based on.
>>
>>10958247
I feel validated.

\o/
>>
>>10958915
lol
>>
>>10956065
Exactly. I love Kanye, but he shouldn't expect to win by losing
>>
>>10956999
>a worldwide brand is gonna die because one line in one demographic isn't doing very well.

You are a fucking retard
>>
...You guys know he's not actually in debt right?
>>
>>10956999
you're a retard
>>
>>10958727
kek.
I bet you've read an article or two or just heard markets are volatile and have just rehashed the same thought since you didn't even proceed to demonstrate how that is relevant.
>>
>>10957816
>have more money
>have less bills
>pay bills with money
>keep leftover money

a lil 101 for ya kiddo
>>
>>10958915
I hear his daughter has a crush on a white kid in school. lawlz
>>
Reminder that most rappers are smart people acting dumb too make money. Kanye happens to be the reverse.
>>
>>10956991
>what are regional markets?
I know this is a "fashion" board but come on, everyone knows abot how markets work
>>
>>10958391
Welcome to /fa/, its /b/ draped in Versace an Louis Vuitton

>expecting actual thoughtfull discussions in an online Comunist Party controlled sticker convention
Kek
>>
>>10960655
I mean you joke about the communist party but yeah fa is essentially mu vs pol most days lefties and blacks against red pilled racists
>>
File: 1455523678425.jpg (111 KB, 299x441) Image search: [Google]
1455523678425.jpg
111 KB, 299x441
>>10956253
JUST
>>
>>
>>10956071
Really not that good
>>
Still buying those yeezys
>>
File: regional markets.jpg (267 KB, 813x867) Image search: [Google]
regional markets.jpg
267 KB, 813x867
>>10960644

tell me about those regional markets
>>
>>10960149
It's called residual income, kiddo.

>I'm so smurrt.
>>
>>10956253
nothing you said has any basis

>pleasing audience to buy his album
no, he wants people to subscribe to tidal
>>
>>10957815
Kill yourself my man
>>
File: 1455609830997.png (77 KB, 595x540) Image search: [Google]
1455609830997.png
77 KB, 595x540
>people saying he's not in debt

LMAO
>>
File: ANHEROWHEN.png (72 KB, 596x507) Image search: [Google]
ANHEROWHEN.png
72 KB, 596x507
LMAO
>>
>>10958376
what do you mean?
>>
>>10960925
got em lol
>>
>>10958260

So the consensus is to either short Adidas or sing kumbaya until next year's projections?

TLOP is fye as fuck.
Yeezy will be fine.
It took Lagerfeld ages before his preeminence in the industry was recognized. This is only his third showing.

Next years projections will trend upwards, just chill.
>>
>>10960880
>furs and houses
>not adobe slabs

that's why you're in debt kanye
>>
>>10961440
He's clearly clueless
>>
File: tJTYxop.jpg (145 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
tJTYxop.jpg
145 KB, 2000x2000
just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
File: 1387760897068.jpg (7 KB, 176x200) Image search: [Google]
1387760897068.jpg
7 KB, 176x200
>breaking news: dumb nigger who made money from jungle beats fails at doing something requiring actual creative ability

fucking shocker
>>
File: image_4.jpg (35 KB, 476x353) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
35 KB, 476x353
You people are tards , you really think kanye west who drives his million dollar car to his multimillion dollar house to produce his multi million dollar music(ie: spent 300k on a otis reming sample) and have his GOLDDIGGER wife sit at him and worry about his "debt" you are all children for thinking 53 million dollers of dept would come from 2 seasons of a clothing line. Im not defending kanye or saying his shitsells but im saying 2 things
1.publicity stunt
2. 53 million dollers on debt of house/car payments or personal investments
NO COULDNT BE THAT BENZ OR THE BUGATTI GOTTA BE THE MEME CLOTHES
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.