[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Zara debate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 6096410800_1_1_1.jpg (288 KB, 1920x2379) Image search: [Google]
6096410800_1_1_1.jpg
288 KB, 1920x2379
Zara - good or shit?
>>
I like it, shit customer service though
>>
meh
>>
Can't lie, I'm a slut for Zara. At least 60% of my cops this winter are from there.
>>
Their clothes are decent for the price.

Stay away from their shoes.
>>
Shit. Super low quality cheap ugly shit.
>>
>>10955100
Only right poster in the thread.
Zara is complete shit; not worth it. I bought some things for 70% from there only to return them for being super low quality shit.
>>
would cop those trousers t b h
>>
>>10955100
>>10955127
These. Total shit quality. Cut like shit. Worn by shit fashion victims. Sized for skinny manlets. Good luck fitting into anything if you're slightly muscular and over 6'1"
>>
I like a few of their pieces, but fuck man, go somewhere else for things that actually matter. Simple basics is fine, but the jacket/coat i got have been back two times for repair. The second on the seam I asked them to look at the first time. Chick at the register has started to recognize me, I wouldn't fucking be here if your clothes didn't suck so much.
>>
>>10955000

shit unfortunately, they are way ahead of trends though because they can go from design > manufacture > shipped in literally a few months, when other retail companies take a year or more.

This is why it's one of the biggest retail empires.
>>
>>10955000
Good designs stolen from good designers and made at shit quality with shit materials
>>
>>10955127
>>10955127
what about massimo dutti
got stuff from there and never had a problem
>>
some ok, low quality trousers
loads of ugly stuff too
>>
>>10955000
Lemme tell you about Zara.

It's like a thrift sale with lots of multiples of things - you need to sniff around to find the good stuff because a lot of it is crap. I fucking love it. But a lot of the clothes are so poorly made that they look like they're disintegrating right off the hanger.

Look at the sales racks to see how the clothes stand up to wear and tear in the store (you'll learn a lot about how viscose or rayon wears on a garment, are the sleeves coming apart at the seams, etc). Look for real wool blends on coats.

Zara's clothes are made all over the world (China for basics, India for more intricate beading/sequins and lace etc.) and their origin info is right on the collar tag so you can check it fast. Look for things made in Portugal, Spain, and Morocco; they tend to be the better designs, too (factories are closer to their HQ in Spain; easier to ship, more up-to-the-minute designs)

Avoid Trafaluc and most non-leather accessories

If the cut feels wrong, it is. Consistency ain't their strong suit so look for the best-made one of that particular item.
>>
>>10955748
do you know bout salsa, massimo dutti, levis and lion porsches?
saddly where I live those are the only stores to buy, along with h&m, bershka, springfield and pull&bear
>>
jeans are great, i wear daily and been holding pretty well to be honest.
shirts are good too.
leather shoes are good too, i can tell because i've had many shoes from zara and they still look good.

what you really need to avoid from zara is the stuff that looks like a knockoff of something else, like drappey, gothninja-ish stuff. It will look shit after the first wash
>>
in my country (Brazil) Zara is kind of a "medium-high social class" brand, some clothes are a little expensive, and has "loads of ugly stuff" (like the anon said).

I buy my clothes there often, it's hard to find /fa/ clothes around here and Zara turns out to be a great option.

bought a t-shirt for 8 dollars tho.
>>
File: Image-1 (1).jpg (887 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Image-1 (1).jpg
887 KB, 1200x1200
>>10955096
This. All I've purchased is a few bomber jackets and lightweight ones. What's the quality like on their buttoned shirts tho?
>>
>>10955837
button shirts and jeans are their best stuff
>>
>>10955502
Massively overpriced for what it is, but at least more natural fabrics than Zara.
>>
>>10955965
>Massively overpriced for what it is,

so not so good quality? I enjoy shopping there because it has really nice jeans, chinos, and button shirts, also noticed stuff is mainly made in portugal, moroccos, turkey and what not
so i'm not really sure on wether I should keep spending money here
>>
>>10955837
Yeah shirts and bombers are pretty alright

I also think Zara's quality varies a lot from place to place, all the items I've gotten are decent.
>>
>>10955100
This!
>>
>>10955081
Me too. There's just nothing else out there right now.
>>
>>10955985
They just don't take a lot of risks with MD. It's kind of a safey-safey, Banana Republic, Club Monaco brand with a bigger price tag and an Inditex association (which is either good or bad depending on how much you like Zara).
>>
>>10956254
Eh, guess it's safe to buy from them.
I'm new to /fa/ so I don't really know much about brands, but I guess I should lurk to find out about them and where can I buy online because physically there's simply no good stores
>>
>>10955765
massimo dutti is zara
>>
>>10955355
>in literally a few months
actually, 2-3 weeks
their stores tend to constantly change inventory every 2 weeks
>>
File: 8574402052_2_1_1.jpg (305 KB, 1920x2379) Image search: [Google]
8574402052_2_1_1.jpg
305 KB, 1920x2379
copped this as a lunarcore item, it's actually decent quality and looks like on the pic
>>
>>10955000
Ridiculously poor quality. The only clothes I've ever owned that have ever physically fallen apart or torn are from zara, purchased before I knew shit about clothes. Seams are flimsy as fuck, load bearing stitches are straight up sedged, stitched over, loose threads all over the place. Fabric quality is garbage. It's the price you pay for imitation fast fashion. Overpriced as fuck too. Designers are quick to switch styles to whatever's trending at the moment. Maybe other people have copped something decent from that brand, but all my experiences with them have been bad
>>
>>10955000

Obviously the quality isn't good but I genuinely don't know what people who claim Zara / H&M clothes fall apart are doing with them.
>>
>move to a town with a Zara a while ago and decide to check it out because my old rural farmer hole hometown left me ignorant of the brand's quality
>bought some childrens knitwear from Zara because they fitted and were soft and cheap as fuck
>browse women's wear too
>loose threads, ripped knitwear, pull and snags everywhere
>try it on to see if it looks better on
>nothing fits right
>price is 3x as much
>stuck to buying childrens stuff ever since.

Better quality for the price, and as long as I avoid anything that looks childish no one is any the wiser. I've got a few plain coloured jumpers including turtlenecks, some black trousers and a pair of tweed trousers. I'm not going to complain.

I don't think I'd ever buy from their women's wear section though. Everything seems so flimsy for the price.
>>
>>10957848

I'm >>10957796

literally nothing out of the ordinary. I had a pair of shorts from Zara, did nothing unusual while wearing them, mostly as home clothes or summerwear, maybe went to the beach in them a couple times. By around the end of winter, when I was wearing it around the house, the back end just tore out completely, fabric ripped in half, exposing the back of my upper thigh. I did get it on sale though, so that lessened the blow a bit
>>
>>10955839
>button shirts and jeans are their best stuff
just a daily reminder that you take fashion advice from people like this guy
>>
>>10955361
Exactly this in my experience.
>>
>>10957889
How small are you?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.