[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you agree that discussing /fa/ related things irl is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1455013337437.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1455013337437.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
Would you agree that discussing /fa/ related things irl is not /fa/ at all.

like being name dropping designers and letting people know that you are 'in-the-know' about fashion things. or letting it be known that 'fashion/clothes' is actually a hobby for you

anyone else kind of find it cringey when people outright talk about clothes, discuss designers, muh quality, muh brand or otherwise outright let people know that they are into fashion/clothes.

like it just seems like an extremely un/fa/ thing to do.

if you like reading about fashion and stuff then shit keep that to yourself, be lowkey about it and just wear your clothes.

trying to discuss clothing and let it be know that you are into /fa/ just is such Reddit fedora thing to do unless you are in the actual industry
>>
this is a worksafe board
and I talk about fashion at work; almost nobody follows emerging trends =(
>>
>>10945307
discussing fashion with people that also like fashion is ok

however, fronting it in front of normies is a bit pretentious
>>
it depends on who you're talking to.

if you're talking to someone else who clearly knows about fashion and you're having a conversation that's more detailed than "oh i like x piece" then you're going to have to 'name drop'

but if you're talking to someone who clearly doesn't care about designers or anything outside of just how clothes look then i can kinda see where you're coming from.
>>
>"You like fashion, Anon? Me too! My favorite designers are Forever 21, Gap, and Hollister! :))) hehe"
>>
>>10945307
it's no different to talking to someone about anything e.g. music, cars etc
ofc if you're just naming a bunch of obscure designer brands for the sake of looking cool then that is retarded, but if you are actually having a discussion with someone else who knows what you're talking about then that is fine
>>
File: 1435017348243.gif (1 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1435017348243.gif
1 MB, 500x333
>>10945318
this. I was trying to have conversation about some basic goat unisex designers with this girl and I could tell she thought that it wasn't normal for me to know this much about fashion.
>qq
>>
File: tumblr_nkj7gsgYw11rxo8bbo1_1280.png (939 KB, 836x1266) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkj7gsgYw11rxo8bbo1_1280.png
939 KB, 836x1266
>>10945307
>>10945318
>>10945325

honestly It feels so weird talking about clothes with people irl. People compliment me all the time and try to talk about clothes and ask for tips(Normally I just direct them to simple reddit fashion boards for inspo albums). I try to avoid actually talking about clothing to not sound autistic. Most people don't really have an interest in clothes past fast fashion,which isn't really a bad thing, but they aren't going to put much thought into silhouettes, material, or any other minute fashion detail shit that would be personally interesting to talk about.

Its not really something I would even want to talk about with normal people(/fa/ full of weirdos) on a regular basis anyway its just a personal hobby.
>>
this is stupid, fashion isn't "le sekret club" that only you know about. there is a whole world outside of 4chan, you know. I agree that avoiding internet memefashion like palewave, gothninja, terms like that is smart.

but avoiding talking about designers? wtf? do you avoid talking about your favourite music and bands too? how insecure do you have to be?
>>
>>10945385
is that the lead singer of haim or a male model i can't tell
>>
>>10945385
This applys to so many things.
Having hobbies is seen like autism by normies; its imposible to show your "powerlevel" without being seen as a sperg or as pretentious fag.
>>
>>10945353
the difference is that those are normie hobbies.

not saying fashion is a le secret club. it's just cringey af irl and just makes it obvious that you actually try and think about looking /fa/ which is not /fa/ at all.
>>
>>10945307

Only reason 2 actually care about fa is if you're actually a designer yourself - keeping up to date and looking out for current competition. if you a cuck and distribute nothing into the world it's probably best 2 just off yourself
>>
>>10945588
holy shit get off the internet, jesus christ. you're using /fa/ as an adjective and think you're in any position to talk about social interaction. "normies" talk about style all the time, the same way we talk about food, music, art, animals, sports, whatever - do you know what we DONT talk about? how reddit something is. just take a fucking break from your computer
>>
>>10945588
Fashion is a normie hobby, but you're rarely going to find someone irl to talk about obscure designer fashion with, much like you will rarely find someone to talk about some obscure music or car
>>
>>10945307
Jesus Christ, what's the story behind this photo?
>>
i talk about fashion with friends who are also into it.

How is discussing your hobby with like minded people anything other than good?

baka
>>
>>10945738
Yeah me and my gf talk about it all the time, shop together, etc.

Only reason I don't talk to anybody else about it is because my guy friends don't care and my girl friends don't really care either.

As much as I'd love to go up to some people and say "wow I love your outfit blah blah blah," I only do that when I'm drunk/high, and at then times I pretty much go full homo anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.