[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fa/ So I was wanting to buy a Sterile watch (its usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Masterracewatchreportingin.jpg (49 KB, 840x540) Image search: [Google]
Masterracewatchreportingin.jpg
49 KB, 840x540
Sup /fa/

So I was wanting to buy a Sterile watch (its usually a well built, blank face version of a considerably higher priced model) from Aliexpress, and realized after I ordered it that it will come with the name brand and markings all over it. I am a bit disappointed, because I was looking for a Rolex Milgauss Homage piece and not a replica piece of crap.

How badly did I screw up?
>>
File: delete3.jpg (23 KB, 334x292) Image search: [Google]
delete3.jpg
23 KB, 334x292
This was a picture from the ad on Aliexpress. It was only $38.00 so if its decent for that I wont be too pissed, but I dont want to be that dude with a fake rolex.
>>
File: UT8m9uJXEpXXXagOFbXy.jpg (116 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
UT8m9uJXEpXXXagOFbXy.jpg
116 KB, 1000x750
This is a picture from one of the customers of the product I ordered. Its totally decked out and is not blank like the pic from the seller.
>>
>>10902609
>Homage

Just removing the logo from a fake doesn't make it a homage. It's still a fake.
>>
>>10902623

A lot of the times, they do remove the logos. They may put another company name like PARNIS on it or something. I was having an awful lot of trouble finding this one in particular, BAGELSPORT (terrible name I know) supposedly made a Milgauss type watch that was really nice.

INB4 shit storming over Homage and replica pieces, this watch is over $8,000 new.
>>
>>10902609
You know a sterile homage vs replica is the same thing right? Same bracelt, movement, crystl etc it's a fake either way
>>
>>10902650

False. Blatant copies of watches are made with piss poor quality. Homage pieces have decent internals and actual quality control and still cost hundreds of dollars most of the time. Big difference in quality, some even have swiss parts and internals in them so I dont know why someone would assume a replica and homage piece is the same...
>>
>>10902616
9/10 parnis or w/e brand they are this week .... Shnzhen watch knock off industrial w/e

Has such poor build quality that you have to pull it apart and clean it anyways acetone the brands off of it
>>
>>10902664
Because they sold by the same seller dipshit

Idk who the fuck told you that but I bet it was a chinaman
>>
>>10902665

I am sort of leaning to the side that if this thing actually works for 2 years without any major problems I am going to be surprised. However, the other ones I had seen cost 3x what I paid. And I figured screw it since it was only $38, I just wondered if anyone else here has either ordered from aliexpress or if they bought these types of watches before. The reviews are really high and if worst comes to worst I can always fight for partial refund because it isnt the same as the description.
>>
>>10902668

Oh fuck off, companies have been making homage pieces since the mid 1900s. It has to do with the patents. They still make quality homage watches that have great reviews and followers. Im looking for people with experience with these things not idiots with google access.
>>
>>10902676
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone poor enough to resort to blatant $20 knock offs from chinkland

And the fact that you're dressing over a low end chink land watch proves You're out of your league.

You're basically asking for first hand advice on how to use food stamps and section 8 housing allowences on a forum dedicated to luxury clothing

Bitch I have a $3500 cardigan on
>>
File: 1430790447150.png (99 KB, 298x207) Image search: [Google]
1430790447150.png
99 KB, 298x207
>>10902690

I didnt care about the brand, I didnt even care for the make or model. I simply liked the way it looked and functioned. And I stated I didnt purchase it to have the name Rolex on it in the first place, I asked how badly I fucked up for $38.

I work for a living, not in the shadow of successful parents or born into money bullshit. The level of stuffy here is too damn high.
>>
File: tp.jpg (144 KB, 860x843) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
144 KB, 860x843
Honestly I'd love to know of a similar watch to the Time Pyramid. I don't have $40k but it's a watch which i've fallen in love with and would like something even similar.
>>
>>10902969
all of the cheap skeleton watches from cheap brands i've seen are a random cluster of gears hiding a woman's watch sized movement
>>
>>10902609
Just wait till you graduate university before buying an engineer watch. Assuming you're studying engineering.
>>
>>10902616
looks like low quality garbage
>>
OP here

According to what I researched online, its very similar to the actual Rolex but the internals are obviously different. I understand there is a lot of hate for blatant replica and copies of some watches. If I even remotely like this one I plan on getting a classic Seiko eventually as a graduated timepiece. I was just really curious if anyone here has had any positive experience with these cheaper alternatives, online the BAGELSPORT copy was selling for $100 -160 and lots of people said the quality of them were great as far as function goes.
>>
File: era-200b-1av-c3.jpg (105 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
era-200b-1av-c3.jpg
105 KB, 700x700
Since this thread is exist
I don't need to start a new one

What do you guys think about this ?
I think I can wear this both for suit and casual.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.