[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wearing a blazer as ordinary day casual do people really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: images (18).jpg (9 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
9 KB, 300x400
>wearing a blazer as ordinary day casual

do people really do this? like I get maybe putting one on when going to a restaurant or something or if your job requires it. but I'm talking about an ordinary day off where you plan on leaving the house
>>
>>10901009
I mean, sport coats were always worn this way, so it doesn't seem that odd, but given that I live on the west coast, where dark jeans are worn as dress pants, wearing one out would depend entirely on what I was doing that day.
>>
>>10901009
The streetwear teenagers of /fa/ will never understand, but yes, it is perfectly normal depending on your social status.
>>
If you're not from a wealthy metropolitan area it would look out of place. Especially in suburban areas; unless you're an old man.
>>
>>10901009
I see about 1 in 10 people wearing one around here, so yeah, completely normal

Bowties are not normal though and you're a dweeb for wearing one
>>
>>10901009
It is because you are focusing on the style instead of functionality. I don't have outerwear that isn't a jacket/blazer so of course I am going to wear it casually. All my important things are already in the pockets too.
>>
>>10901009
Girls have been doing this for years because it adds structure to the body (shoulders = body cheekbones; everything hangs off them).
>>
>>10902729
don't tell me you wear blazers with fucking jeans
>>
I know a guy who started wearing tweed blazers in casual situations and had to stop after people started calling him waitrose cunt.
>>
>>10903053
wow, some people
also there's nothing wrong with unstructured cotton or linen
>>
>>10903104
Linen is my shit
>>
>>10903198
Linen is fucking fantastic - especially in heavier weights. Casual, beats the heat over the head with a frying pan, and looks amazing and natural
>>
>>10903237
>>10903198
Completely wrinkled after 10 minutes/motions. How do you do it?
>>
>>10903247
you just rock the wrinkled look
>>
>>10903247
heavier weights and looser tailoring is the way to go - it pinches less and therefore wrinkles less
and just embrace the wrinkling
>>
>>10901009
>Blazer and jeans

Seriously if you do this, just off yourself. It looks fucking stupid. Just wear a pear of chinos or anything really, otherwise you will look a shit.

Also sports coat = yes for casual wear
The jacket from a suit = jump off a bridge
>>
>>10903255
there's a line where things get hazy though - suits with varied fabric and contrasting buttons can often be worn with the jacket separately, and more casual fabrics like linen and cotton lend themselves really well to this
>>
>>10901009
The problem isn't people wearing jeans and a blazer, the problem is they're wearing a very formal blazer, like a black pinstriped one or whatever.

A blazer in like tweed, flannel, cashmere can fit well with jeans.
>>
>>10901009
reddit does
>>
File: P1030857-1.jpg (90 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
P1030857-1.jpg
90 KB, 768x1024
this specific fit is more on the formal side of things, but I've seen some nice combos with lighter chalkstripe jackets
>>
File: 09_167666.jpg (82 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
09_167666.jpg
82 KB, 570x570
I just bought this, I thought I could wear it casually when I'm out. I have a striped shirt like that too.

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>10905423
Holy shit that guys got some crazy forearm veins
>>
>>10905423
black blazers are difficult if they're in a slick formal fabric - but you might have luck with mid/dark grey pants
they don't go with navy at all
>>
>being overdressed by wearing a sport coat/blazer on an ordinary day

please tell me you guys dont really do this unironically
>>
>>10906585
>overdressed

Not all of us are suburban teenagers.
>>
>>10901009
I think it's fine, especially cozy during the spring and fall when it's still a bit cold out.
>>
File: goods_07_140003.jpg (25 KB, 734x734) Image search: [Google]
goods_07_140003.jpg
25 KB, 734x734
I often wear black blazers/jackets. Pic related, it's an unstructured polyester one I got from Uniqlo. Not every blazer/jacket is formal.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.