[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ways to grow taller?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: c8tK25XuRjqCQtXRpaYH.jpg (501 KB, 960x2244) Image search: [Google]
c8tK25XuRjqCQtXRpaYH.jpg
501 KB, 960x2244
Putting the miracle growth pills aside and other scams, what are some ways to grow taller after your growth plates have closed? I heard of people grow taller by stretching/aligning their spine due to their bad posture/scoliosis and I do have a slight hunchback due to slouching.
>>
>>10881698
surgery
>>
>>10881894
Is that the only option? What about hanging from a bar
>>
>>10881954
i've heard this has no result
>>
>>10881978
That's pretty much the only thing you can do other than keep straight posture. I wish I had 2-3 more inches on my height and my proportions would've looked nice. My biggest regret is not doing sports when I was 14 and I bet I could've grown to 5'10 to 5'11. Shit sucks that my parents didn't marry taller people.
>>
>>10882075
Whoops I meant
>>10881894
>>10881698
>>
Pls tell me that breaking your bones isn't the only choice
>>
Yoga can give you an inch or two.
>>
>>10882323
It is senpai.

MANLETS
When will they learn?
>>
>>10881698
eat ur vegetables
>>
when will they learn...
>>
>>10882997
Tell me more
>>
>>10881698
If you aren't around 23 or something, maximize the quality of your nutrition as best you can. There is some modest evidence (height science, unfortunately, isn't particularly investigated) that certain kinds of stretching may help, but only during the period of height growth. Avoid foods that likely have estrogens left in them, potentially milk is one of these. Estrogen seals the growth caps faster, generally.

The stretches you want to do are like the hurdler stretch. This seems like mainly a hamstring stretch but also stretches the spine.

Aside from that, just my personal recommendation, but stretch the iliopsoas as well. It is anchored at one end to the lower spine. If it doesn't help you grow taller, it will at least be preventative of certain types of back pain, and will prevent the "stomach bump" that you can get from the muscle being tight and pulling the lower spine forward to an unhealthy position (this can also affect digestion negatively, as that area is where the intestines are).

Good luck OP
>>
>>10884148

Yoga can give you 3 inch or four
>>
>>10881954
might as well just hang yourself but with a rope
>>
>>10884157
>>10884225
complete bullshit

98% genes
1% no malnutrition at any point in life
1% not being seriously sick as a child

so breaking bones or wearing plateaushoes
AND MOST IMPORTANT
a Correct Stance "gives" you a few inches and more charisma
>>
>>10884498
Thanks, I'm glad you can refute and denigrate my post trying to help OP. You are clearly an esteemed geneticist and "height-ologist."
>>
>>10884157
Testosterone also helps seal it faster, that's why people who come in puberty later tend to be taller than those who hit puberty early. Of course, it varies from person to person, but that's the general consensus. I came in puberty late and my voice didn't stop cracking until I was around 16-17. I'm 6'3.
>>
>>10884537
Also keep in mind boys go through puberty later than girls. And men are taller than woman, so...

I personally didn't do any sports other than tennis and lifting when I was 15-19.
>>
>>10884537
Thats bullshit. If your test is naturally high it's not going to stunt your growth. However steroids and test boosters can even stop it
>>
>>10884537
my voice is still cracking at 18 and im 5'4 just kill me senpai
>>
>>10881954
try hanging from a noose
>>
>>10884529
just a medical doctor and so a man of science
fighting against filthy lies

>>10884767
short form:
testosterone will initiate the growth at begin of puberty, together with some other hormones, but in a later phase it will end it => genetics

>>10884941
in general taller people tend to go trough puberty later than smaller people
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ker2QwWWquo
just bought a pair of these which will supposedly make me appear 6ft, wish me luck familia
>>
>>10881698
Go to /fit/, /fa/ doesn't know shit about health
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.