[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: weathered.jpg (274 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
weathered.jpg
274 KB, 1200x1200
I was wondering how they get the weathered look on their duck cotton and if there is a way to accomplish it yourself?
Because I think tumbling the fabric would be too expensive, I think they do it with some king of acid/bleach, can anyone confirm?

I've tried household bleach on a black sweater once, but it gets that orange/brown colour which I don't really like and I think looks cheap. So acids then maybe? And which ones?
>>
>>10866064

just throwing ideas out there. I have no real experience with the material but I think you should look into oils and wax

http://www.styleforum.net/t/308795/oiling-down-suede-is-it-possible-how-benefits
>>
Isn't it just from actually wearing it like with most pieces of clothing?
>>
File: 0619-14-HUF-CLASSIC-LO.jpg (162 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
0619-14-HUF-CLASSIC-LO.jpg
162 KB, 590x400
>>10866064
You wear down canvas by working, your fashionista boipucci ass wouldn't understand the idea of work.
>>
>>10866064
Run it through the wash with bleach a couple dozen times.
>>
>>10866064
buy some otter wax. i put some on my pointer brand duck jakcet and it looks so much better and has way more character.
>>
>>10866064
or you know, you could actually wear it in and work in it?
>>
i was gonna buy one of these but was worried that the short cut in the torso would make it look weird. does anyone own one?
>>
Just give it time, my sleeve cuffs got ripped pretty seriously just taking my dog through the woods. Dont try ripping it with scissors or a knife. 90% of the time it looks retarded
>>
>interstellar core
I like it.
>>
>>10866064
does this jacket run large like all carharrt stuff?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.