[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: srs wtf.jpg (48 KB, 620x931) Image search: [Google]
srs wtf.jpg
48 KB, 620x931
Why do fashion companies make shit like this? No one will ever wear it? Are they basically trying to make a statement? Or do they actually expect some rich dumbfuck out there to buy this shit that is like 3k for each piece of the outfit? I mean god fucking damn I have never understood this shit.
>>
I wold wear it desu

Not with those shoes or pants or no shirt on

but the actual piece yes
>>
>>10858812
they out-outrage each other, its a big competition to see who can make the most pointless and retarded outfit, then charge a shit ton for it
>>
>>10858812
It's art dumbass
Why does no one on this board understand fashion
>>
>>10858812
runway pieces are rarely intended for market
>>
C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y
>>
>>10858812
>>10858828

you're literally idiots if you think most of these pieces go on sale
>>
>>10858812
It's art dumbass. This is a part of a runway show, not a trade show. This isn't a piece of consumer clothing it's purely artistic.

That's like complaining about a Jackson Pollock being too large to display in your home.
>>
>>10858812
Monsters inc merch?
>>
thanks for the reminder how shit /fa/ is
>>
File: Guernica-1.jpg (159 KB, 650x448) Image search: [Google]
Guernica-1.jpg
159 KB, 650x448
>>10858863
This.
>Why does Picasso make shit like this?
>No one will ever hang it on their wall.
>Is he basically trying to make a statement?
>Or does he actually expect some dumbfuck out there to by this shit that is like 60mil for each canvas?
>I mean god fucking damn I have never understood this shit.
>>
>>10858812
Runways display pieces with exaggerated aesthetics in order to display the aesthetics that will be used in production. Pic related wears an oversized, fuzzy, baby blue jumper, expect the same things just less obvious.
>>
its literal art, like an art piece, that you can technically wear but if youre rich and you buy it you shouldnt
i used to wonder the same thing op
>>
>>10858812
15th century tudor monarch-core
>>
>>10858812
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
Well yeah we can say it's "Art" but like most contemporary art, it sucks.
>>
>>10859065
cool opinion
>>
>>10859059
Nice copy pasts fucking faggot been here since 06
>>
>>10858812
Pandering to millenials
>>
File: DSquared - Hat - 0008.jpg (65 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
DSquared - Hat - 0008.jpg
65 KB, 681x1024
>>
>>10860439
would unironically wear this entire fit
>>
>>10858812
Oh my gawd it's like fashion dad it's so cool you probably wouldn't understand if I tried to explain
>>
>>10858812
they are art pieces, made to best represent the abstract ideas going into the line for that season. Not meant to be worn. The actual things that are made to be worn are supposed to just allude to the art pieces and show they were inspired by the ideas that created those pieces
>>
It's like abstract art, it's meant to be interesting and make you think a bit. If you don't like it/get it then don't worry about it. It's just not for you
>>
>>10860439
Dsquared2 is a fucking joke making overly-expensive jeans for rich people.
>>
Why do people paint shit like this
>>
File: 2133.jpg (37 KB, 486x375) Image search: [Google]
2133.jpg
37 KB, 486x375
>>10861332
Forgot image
Disaster
>>
i might be pulling this out of my ass but i have the feeling that like designers take cues/inspiration from it and incorporate that into the stuff they make for actual consumers
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.