[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /shittyNeckPosture/ here? How do i fix? This is not effay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
who /shittyNeckPosture/ here?

How do i fix? This is not effay at all its disgusting
>>
>>10840981
same here m8. Nothing to do about it I'm afraid.
>>
>>10840999
>same here m8. Nothing to do about it I'm afraid.
checked

I don't believe you.
>>
>>10841000
if anyone can confirm I think weight lifting (specifically working on trapezius) can help??
it's definitely not something that can't be improved
>>
>>10841000
checked

I don't believe you
>>
>>10840981
>>10840999
>>10841038

there are multitudes of stretching routines that fix this in about a month doing 5 minutes of stretching twice a day

just google "forward head stretching exercises" or similar and you'll find videos n shit on fixing it
>>
>>10841038
lifting does actually improve posture if you know how to correctly lift
>>
thats a result of sitting at your computer all day and your posture turns to shit from having your head tilted forward all day

you gotta do posture excercises
>>
i seen this video where you go against the wall with your upper back, bum and heels touching it, lean your chin down and make the back of your head touch the wall

make sure you put your head down though or youre just bending your neck

then you pretend you have wings and flap them (im 100% srs it works on some nerve) 10 times

then you touch your head instead of flapping

then you climb an invisible ladder in front of you

ill see if i can find the vid i sound like a fuckwit
>>
>>10840981
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/exgiu/a_guide_to_fixing_computer_guy_posture_upper_body/
>>
>>10841085
>5 yrs old
>>
Deep Neck Flexors

Intentionally try to fight against it and you'll get used to it
>>
>>10841386
yo, our bodies don't get yearly upgrades you psychopath, if it fixed postures 5 years ago it'll fix them now.
>>
>>10840981
have you guys ever tried standing up straight? lol
>>
>>10842179
lol

also
>tfw thick as fuck neck
I think it's because of all the neck strengthening exercises I did in middle school for wrestling, I can't find shirts off the rack with fitting collars and chest.
>>
Stretch and lifting
>>
>>10840981
Try taking a break from strenuous dick sucking.
>>
File: how to fix lordosis.jpg (403 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
how to fix lordosis.jpg
403 KB, 2480x3508
>>
To those ITT who believe/want to believe that postural problems can be fixed by doing a couple of stretches a day, there is much more to it than that. your posture is a function of your lifestyle and won't change unless your lifestyle changes.

If you sit down for most of the day then you will never fix it. Forward head posture is a result of looking down too much but can also be a problem with the hips as well. If you have a forward shoulder/neck alignment chances are your hips are fucked up as well as a result of your body trying to counter balance the faulty alignment.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123812871

most of you will not at all want to read this thread but if you want to understand why these problems come about and what you can do to fix them it is absolutely worth the read. its very extensive but there is a lot of info to be gathered in this.

the way to fix bad posture is by strengthening muscles made weak by bad habits (sitting too long etc), stretching muscles made tight by bad habits, and eliminating these bad habits in the first place. You need to work on all 3 and all 3 are covered in the link.

Peace lads.
>>
sleep perfectly straight on your back, and on a very thin pillow.

long distance running may benefit recovery as well.
>>
>>10840981
Yoga will fix all your posture related problems and maybe even your neuroses.
>>
Might want to consider, as well as doing stretches / exercises etc. , getting a really solid chair that corrects your posture.
>>
Myself and everyone else in my family had this fixed completely by going to a licensed spinal rehab chiropractor in my area. you do some basic exercises, some very specific traction for about 45 minutes 3 times a week, and get adjusted. progress is mapped with x rays. It ain't too fun having your neck stretched back with a strap and having shims scrunched under your butt and so on, but it works... and since the nerves that run everything run out through the vertebrae, all kinds of positive things happen when it's fixed. I people around here go to this chiro to treat migraines, asthma, etc. If you find someone who is licensed and does this correctly it is the best investment you can make in your lifetime, in my opinion. Aside from this, maintain by sleeping on a cylinder shaped foam pillow under your neck to maintain the proper neck curve and watch your posture and do back strengthening exercises and some other things to maintain. Nutrition has a lot to do with it too, poor nutrition and rubbernecking forward at a monitor all day does not help matters, but it's repairable, and we have the x rays to prove it. Proponents of modern medicine often do not support this because you don't have to rely on surgery and drugs. Go figure.
>>
God bless this thread
>>
Just practice standing up straight when you are walking around and out in public.
>>
>>10840999
lol yes there is you moron

Posture is one of the most easily correctable problems
>>
>>10840981
Mine is very terrible and on top of things I have a huge adam's apple.
>>
File: IMG_4572.jpg (361 KB, 926x699) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4572.jpg
361 KB, 926x699
>>10843857
i feel your pain..
oh i feel your pain so so very much ;_;
>>
This really works. Immediate effect after completing the exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
>>
>>10840981
giving blowjobs
>>
>>10841083
this shit works, I've seen the video aswell.
>>
>>10841083
>>10844653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
>>
>>10840981
Go swimming at least twice a week. Nothing is better for posture than old good hour long swimming forward and back.
>>
>>10841083
>>10844653
Link to video? Pls help
>>
>>10844666
Never mind, thanks >>10844661 ! Will watch later
>>
I have this problem too.
The only thing is, I have an alright jawline, but if i bend my neck back to a more "normal" position it pretty much disappears. If i actually fix my neck posture or whatever will I have to sacrifice my jawline?
>>
>>10844680
same with me, i'm gonna try the exercises anyway and see what happens
>>
>>10840981
when I straighten my kneck my adams apple stops me breathing and I sound like darth vader

I think you just have to wear it, I don't really care that much, but I'm inclined to wear collared shirts
>>
File: pepe-sad-times.jpg (72 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
pepe-sad-times.jpg
72 KB, 400x388
My posture is so bad my upper back hurts all the time. It's like the muscles are stretched out. I've been really working on it.

Someone told me to pretend like i'm 'locking'/holding a pencil inbetween my shoulder blades, so I try to do that and it seems to keep my shoulders back more often. Baby steps I guess.
>>
>>10840981
I like your hair though :)
>>
>>10840981
Lots and lots of weighted shrugs worked for me.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.