[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
coffee general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 21
what is the most effay way to drink,make and get coffee?
>>
>>10826579
pour it into your hands while its still hot
>>
I'm a big fan of using a chemex. Almost always drink cortados when I go to cafes tho.
>>
I really like the taste of black coffee, and just get some brewing in French press in the morning if I'm having coffee and then keep that around and microwave it if I want some more after its got cold later in the day
>>
>>10826660
>french press
>not aeropress
kek
>>
>>10826660
Iced coffee is also a great option if you've got leftover coffee from the morning. Fill a glass 2/3 full of ice, pour coffee in, and maybe some milk/sweetener if that's what you like. I always drink all my coffee black, but I find once you ice it it gets much stronger, so I like mine with a bit of milk.
>>
>>10827506
i always put a buttload of sugar or cream in mine does this make me a pleb?
>>
>>10827574
no drink it however the fuck you want caring what a bunch of people on the internet think about your coffee preference is the least /fa/ thing in the world

anyone that thinks drinking coffee black adds to your personality is literally devoid of any personality
>>
File: hario woodneck.jpg (100 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
hario woodneck.jpg
100 KB, 500x375
>>
File: folgers.jpg (367 KB, 1191x1242) Image search: [Google]
folgers.jpg
367 KB, 1191x1242
The best part of waking up...

>inb4killyourself
>inb4biglebowski
>>
so, drinking it black is effay, right?
>>
vietnamese trung nguyen beans brewed with a phin is pretty dece
>>
>>10826579
Chemex.
>>
Double shot espresso.
>>
>>10827577
very true.

thinking of starting with an aeropress kit from stumptown then slowly working my way into trying a french press and chemex as well as different roasts etc to see what i like

being a coffee snob always seemed appealing to me

i have been drinking shitty maxwell house out a black & decker
>>
File: image1 (3).jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image1 (3).jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
tips from your effay pro barista
buy locally roasted
brew on a pour over device such as V60, Chemex, or Beehouse
brew using filtered water

enjoy your "real" coffee and ask for tips
>>
Currently using a French Press and have a Nespresso machine for when I want a flat white because espresso machines and expensive. Thinking of getting a pourover system, any big differences between V60 and Kalita Wave? I know the Chemex has a bit of an immersion thing going on but dont really know how that affects the coffee.
>>
File: 20160112_140551.jpg (897 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160112_140551.jpg
897 KB, 2560x1536
>>10827709
>french press
>pour over
>"real coffe"
>pro barista

That shit looks disgusting.
The only way to get a decent coffe is with a moka, and if you have the money to spend a coffe machine.

>seriously calling that watered down shit coffe
>>
>>10828266

The quality of moka pots varies immensely though, and if you're anywhere outside Europe you'll get low grade aluminium that ruins the coffee.
>>
>>10828283
>The quality of moka pots varies immensely though

Because the other methods have a constant quality?
all presses are the same?
I don't see how that's an argument.

Also I refuse to believe there's not a single producer/importer of decent mokas outside of europe.

All excuses to act hip and different.
>>
>>10828266
Espresso is better, but why the hating?
>>
>>10828299
Because can't condone liking shit.

You like tea? that's cool, you like putting milk or cream in your coffee? that's fine.

But drinking watered down coffee is fucking stupid,
might as well go drink the water you wash yourself with.
>>
>>10827577

true. in my country black coffee is default, yet still everyone's personality is shit.
>>
Flat White
>>
Italy reporting. There's only one way to drink it: espresso with brown sugar and after finish it eating dark chocolate (70% to 90%). At home you HAVE TO use an automatic espresso machine (photo on the right), otherwise find an italian bar. If you go to starcucks or drink watered coffee, you are drinking shit and so you are shit, no fucking excuse for being a gigantic faggot
>>
>>10826579
I switched to espresso a long time ago because it's basically just getting caffeine into my body faster.

One time I ate nothing, drank 3 espressos, and did hot yoga.

Don't do that.
>>
>most effay way to drink
with your mouth out of a container
>get coffee
however you like

jesus christ, what do you think you're going to be invited to become a runway model for SLP because you make it in a french press?
>>
File: fat person.jpg (215 KB, 674x506) Image search: [Google]
fat person.jpg
215 KB, 674x506
>>10828468
>espresso with brown sugar
>after finish it eating chocolate
pic related
>>
>>10828525
No one eats a lot of dark chocolate, you skinnyfat little candy-ass.
>>
These threads are why we need decent moderators

delete 75% of the threads in the catalog please mr.mod
>>
black coffee, iced
or hot with a splash of vanilla almond milk
>>
>>10826579
Submerge yourself in it, let the caffeine sink into your pores, inhale the aroma.

Or cold brew.
>>
>>10827506
Iced coffee is not /fa/ at all.
>>
>>10828525
8gr of brown sugar, that is the SAME as white sugar (nothing more nothing less) and a small piece of dark chocolate (that is also VERY good to your heart, brain and teeth) will not harm your probably anorexic body, if you think that 50-100Kcal will make you obese...well i've some bad news for you...
>>
>>10828307
coffee noob here
so should i just forget about getting an aeropress?
>>
>>10828639
No aeropress is great and cheap af
>>
>>10826607
Pretentious faggot. You basically order a capuccino with less milk because of the name. What a disgusting immature cuck
>>
>>10827640
No, but you should kill yourself
>>
>>10828468
>using an automatic espresso machine
>>
>>10828525
>projecting this hard
>>
>>10828184
Wow, what a faggot.
You should be executed
>>
>>10827577
>this
>>
>>10828675
Do you think it's bad? Explain why grinding coffee beans on the moment of making coffee it's worse tha a pre-grinded mix of whatthefuckcouldyouknow coffee. Beans don't waste the aroma and oxydate slower than anything else. Amerifags are so fucking stupid...
>>
File: Cool Jacob.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Cool Jacob.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
>>10826599
>>
>>10828690
B-but muh freshness... Muh authenticity
>>
>>10828451
Fucking tiny-dicked australian shitposting cucklet
>>
>>10828653
ok cool, so it won't be watered down like the pour overs??
>>
>>10828266
LMAO
I'm a professional coffee educator, mokapot is for shitty burnt mud
>>
>>10828797
Pour overs arent watered down, they're brewed at a ratio so that the coffee is most flavorful
>>
File: 1434391415682.gif (518 KB, 360x272) Image search: [Google]
1434391415682.gif
518 KB, 360x272
>>10826579
>2011+5
>Not chewing coffee beans and drinking hot water.
>>
>>10827578
Yeah, if you want it to taste like dirty dish rags.
>>
File: 1416429001936.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1416429001936.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>>10828653
The aeropress is fantastic. Thing is: you have full control over the brewing process, but on the downside you have to consider everything in order to make the coffee you want: Water temperature, coffee/water ratio, grind, extraction time. You have to experiment a bit to get what you want, and you need to adjust for each new coffee you try. I recommend in investing in a good manual grinder, so you can use freshly ground coffee (about half of the volatile flavors disappear during the first 30 min after grinding). And befriend your local roaster. Shit will never be cashier.
>>
>chemex
>chemex
>Chemex
> chemex

Jesus Christ talk about flavor of the month. The last coffee thread we had moka pot was the meme answer.
>>
>>10829265
Chemex is WAY ahead of the moka pot in terms of complex flavors.
>>
File: 1403044778158.gif (3 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1403044778158.gif
3 MB, 267x199
>>10828690
> projecting
>>
>>10829265
>>10829300
Not to mention the Chemex popularity has only grown since it was invented in the 1940s. flavor of the month my ass
>>
>>10828690
Super-auto espresso machines are bad. They could be good, if all of the internals were done properly, but they aren't.

First, the internal grinders are absolute garbage. They produce a really terrible particle distribution. They don't allow much control over burr gap typically. They do not allow much control over the weight of the coffee they grind each time. Any one of these will make making a good espresso nearly impossible. Combined they guarantee it.

Next up is the pressurized hot water delivery bit, which they also suck at. Generally they do not get the water hot enough. They also do not provide a stable temperature - they are not going to waste money on a PID system for a super-auto, as they appeal to different markets. They do not allow you to adjust distribution in the filter basket, or to change the filter basket. This means the extraction is always going to be more uneven than if you were using a machine compatible with VST (or other precision filter baskets) baskets and manual distribution. Often they also have "crema enhancers" which either use an additive or just aerate the espresso as it comes out. They also do not allow fine adjustment of beverage volume, which means that you are going to have a shit time dialing in the brew ratio to give you any kind of reasonable extraction yield.

And if those two things weren't enough, the machines are also incredibly expensive for what you get, and astonishingly poorly made. I've seen some 5000 dollar super autos that have plastic parts that would break if you insulted someone nearby.

So there really is no good argument for a super-auto. Yet. They could theoretically work really well, and I think that the high-end specialty market will gravitate toward them in the next 10 years or so. But all of the ones made now are garbage.

Also, coffee ground for espresso will degrade more quickly than whole bean, but will not lose quality within a half hour window or so.
>>
>>10827640
>Folgers
>>
>>10829239
so what is
>>10828266
>>10828307

going on about
>>
>>10828184
>any big differences between V60 and Kalita Wave
Main differences:
V60 has a big ass hole at the bottom, which means that grind size and pour-rate will affect the brew time more significantly. Also means you can do faster brews (around 2:30).
Wave has 3 small holes at the bottom which regulate the flow rate, leading to longer brews and more forgiveness on pour rate and grind size as far as brew time is concerned.
V60 has cheaper filters that are easier to get.
V60s are cheaper.
Kalita waves have ridged walls, which can make rinsing down high-and-drys off the sides tricky.

I prefer the V60, but both are great.

>I know the Chemex has a bit of an immersion thing
The thick filters make the brew time much longer, typically. All pour-over brewers involve immersion, as for most of the brew time the coffee is fully submerged in water. The main benefits of a Chemex are:
Cleaner, more transparent brews at the loss of some body due to the thick paper filters.
Looks nice.
Can make lots of coffee in one go.

I use mine only when I am making coffee for multiple people.
>>
File: contemporary-coffee-makers.jpg (45 KB, 384x558) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-coffee-makers.jpg
45 KB, 384x558
User of the Aeropress, Chemex and the V60 here.

Of the three I prefer using and drinking the V60 method, because like >>10829419 mentioned it doesn't take as long as the Chemex, which I'll probably use 2/10 of the time.

Aeropress is usually for when I've already had coffee during the day and just want that extra cup, or when traveling.
>>
>>10826579
Aeropress it, then pour it on the floor and lick it up like the dirty animal you are.
>>
>>10827640
>>10829389
You know why it tastes like dirt?

Because it was ground this morning.
>>
>>10827709
This dude gets it.
>>
>>10827709

>doesn't advocate a scale

into the trash your post goes.
>>
how do french presses work?
>>
Coffee is an fa hobby but only if you do it right. Here are my tips for coffee casuals:

1. Buy locally roasted beans. Don't buy beans from the grocery store or Starbucks. If you have no local roasters, check out what your local mom and pop coffee shops are selling it order from the internet.
2. Buy whole beans. Don't buy ground coffee and don't have the place of purchase grind your whole beans when you buy them.
3. Grind your beans fresh before brewing. Use a burr grinder. Or use a blade grinder if you are not awesome.
4. Do not use drip coffee machines. Use pretty much anything else. V60 is cheap and accessible. Aeropress is great and quick. Chemex is pricier but also great. There are many brewing methods so have fun experimenting.
5. Do not add cream and sugar to your coffee . If you are brewing good beans right it should taste good. Drinking things with loads of fat and sugar is also just gross.
6. Enjoy your fa hobby and have fun tasting no roasts and trying new brewing methods!
>>
File: p23225_d_v7_aa.jpg (100 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p23225_d_v7_aa.jpg
100 KB, 480x720
how do you guys get rid of the coffee shakes
>>
>>10831346
should i start off with an aeropress or v60?
>>
>>10826671
aeropress is a fucking meme. french press is god tier only surpassed by pour-over and cold brew
>>
File: kureig.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
kureig.jpg
78 KB, 1000x1000
Purchased this for myself for Christmas.

I know it's not very cool compared to what you guys drink or make coffee with, but it's really convenient. I never used to like coffee, but now I do. Eventually I'll buy an Aeropress or a French Press, but I'm really glad I bought this guy to start with.

Going to read through this thread for tips.
>>
>>10828478
did you pass out and shit yourself? that's the only thing i can assume happened
>>
>>10831351
just drink it more often til your body gets used to it.

I cook in a restaurant and get as much free good coffee as I can drink, we regularly have coffee drinking competitions throughout the day.

would recommend as a profession for coffee lovers.
>>
>>10831366
I dont own either but Aeropress seems easier to get the hang of as you dont need to worry about pours.

Apparently you can make a psuedo espresso by making a puck of coffee in the bottom, putting a filter on top, and then pressing the water through. Looks interesting but have no idea how it turns out, might be similar to a Moka Pot 'espresso'
>>
I prefer green tea
>>
>>10831335
You put the ground coffee into the french press, submerge it with water, and press down the plunger to stop the extraction. It Tends to produce a stronger coffee with more body than drips or the aeropress. Because of the long extraction times the coffee is usually ground coarser.

>>10831346
yup
> starbucks coffee
My sister once gifted my some starbucks beans. They were literally small coal briquettes. Never again

>>10831921
Actually no, the pourover has a fixed extraction time that depends on the grind. With the aeropress you can decide on the extraction time, thus it has one more degree of freedom to think about.

Nobody mentioned the Karlsbader Kanne jet. It is a dripping device made only of ceramic parts. It makes a very smooth, aromatic coffee. Takes some time though and requires a very coarse grind.
>>
>>10832025
I thought pour over systems can be a bit fiddly to pour the 'right' way. Immersion time is easier to manage and you dont really need to learn anything.
>>
>>10832029
you need to learn the right timing for your grind. Pouring takes some time in itself, but you just need to do it in circles to evenly distribute the water. It's not complicated
>>
File: Coffee.gif (4 MB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.gif
4 MB, 496x279
Obviously.
>>
File: moka-v-french-press.jpg (95 KB, 940x450) Image search: [Google]
moka-v-french-press.jpg
95 KB, 940x450
I tricked myself into thinking French press was good for ages because I was a poorfag but then I discovered the moka pot
It's the only way to brew at home
>>
File: IMG_20160113_111402.jpg (801 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160113_111402.jpg
801 KB, 2560x1920
Fellow aeropress owners, who do you use it?

I like my coffee weak (in terms of coffein) but flavorful, so I use slightly coarser grind and immerse the ground for about 2 to 2:30 minutes. I use 80°C water which is key. This is less than usually recommended but I found it to be the most influential parameter in terms of balancing flavors and bitterness. I use the inverted method. This way I get the most out of the fruity flavors in the coffee, if I want more chocolate-like coffee I use the moka pot.
>>
>>10826671
Aeropress is practical but not as effay as french press.
Chemex is goat though
>>
>>10832054
Got one for christmast from my mom
I was kinda disappointed cause my she got my brother immersion blender and I really need good one badly as well but fuck if I haven't grown to like the moka pot
>>
>>10826579
black percolator coffee is way better than espresso
>>
>>10831212
underrated post

also, just start working as a barista at a good place and get to know some stuff. also, being fa doesn't require you to be knowledgeable. you just need to look fa and very content as you drink the coffee.
>>
>>10828266
Stay second wave, grandpa. We on that light roasting crest now.
>>
>>10828468
>Italy pretending anyone gives a shit what they say about coffee anymore

o i am laffin
>>
>>10832044
>syphon
My nigga
>>
>>10832039
Im more saying that the aeropress seems simpler, yes time is still a feature but you dont have to worry about time, how you pour, and how long you keep the bloom all together.
>>
File: tibrik.jpg (14 KB, 300x308) Image search: [Google]
tibrik.jpg
14 KB, 300x308
>>
>>10832211
Seconded. I love brewing coffee in mine, plus it's very rewarding when you git gud at it.
>>
>>10828266
my nigga
>>
File: mokka.jpg (146 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
mokka.jpg
146 KB, 768x1024
>>10828266
bialetti moka express is pure comfiness

which coffee do you guys use?
can only find lavazza and illy in my town.
>>
>>10832499
Monsooned malibar is the only roast that goes into my moka pot
>>
>>10829300
Explain how its drastic differences from a standard drip machine outweigh the convenience of a standard drip machine.
>>
Fastest way to make coffee in the morning that still tastes good? Chemex? Moka? Does automatic ever taste good
>>
Black like my soul.
>>
>>10831379
>soccer mom-tier laziness
>>
>>10832512
flavor > convenience
you may see that differently though
>>
Coffee smells like cat shit.
>>
>>10831379
Fuck anyone who talks shit about these, I have the same model and it's great

If you're Canadian check out Winners and Home Sense, outstanding deals on K-Cups there
>>
>>10834093
I'll take your cat then
>>
>all these crazy methods
but you're all drinking it black right? RIGHT?
>>
>>10827709
Locally roasted is what people that work at trash shops say because the successful down the street carries good light roast coffee from a good roaster
>>
>>10832512
Chemex will allow you to have more control over:
>Temperature
>Agitation - especially important when wetting all the grounds at the start to have an even extraction.
>Pouring speed and delivery locations

Chemex will also provide you with these benefits:
>Easier to keep clean, as there aren't any hidden parts or boilers or anything like that
>Thick paper filter gives you a really clean body, and good flavor separation
>possibly a better brew bed geometry

With all that said, if you spend the money on a proper auto-drip machine, the coffee quality will be pretty well identical although you may have some subjective preference (you may enjoy a thinner/thicker filter or whatever). Good auto-drip machines will be much more expensive than a chemex. Check out the Moka Master, or the Bonavita 1800
>>
>>10826579
fuck off with theses threads
>>
I drink black, free trade, freshly ground coffee which I brew from a homemade percolator. I tried out a Chemex at a friend's house and wish I had one myself
>>
>>10828293
>Excuses to act hip and different
Welcome to a fashion board fucko
>>
File: tumblr_mqzc2mhiNk1r2edy0o1_400.jpg (42 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqzc2mhiNk1r2edy0o1_400.jpg
42 KB, 396x594
>tfw total pleb using a shitty machine with instant coffee

2effay4me
>>
>>10835087
it's really easy and relaxing to make your own
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.