[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do most Americans dress like shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: cargo-shorts-for-men-2.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cargo-shorts-for-men-2.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
Why do most Americans dress like shit?
>>
>>10823871
because not everyone in the whole world has the same hobbies like you, you fucking cuck shitposting nigger
>>
File: Walmart_exterior.jpg (67 KB, 1178x768) Image search: [Google]
Walmart_exterior.jpg
67 KB, 1178x768
it's cheap to.
and there's no real social backlash not too.
>>
>>10824262
are the fits bad in this picture or are the people just unattractive?
>>
>>10824262
This guy fucking nailed it
>>
>>10824337
both
>>
>>10824337
>>10823871
>>10824262
youre trying really hard w this b8 m8
>>
File: liberals-shop-meet-the-press.0.jpg (118 KB, 1778x1000) Image search: [Google]
liberals-shop-meet-the-press.0.jpg
118 KB, 1778x1000
>>
>>
>>10823871
because most americans live in a monotonous strip mall wasteland suburban sprawl type area where the only walking/social interaction you do is when you are walking through a parking lot to a strip mall to consume more carcinogenic and or world ruining garbage.
Everything is built around the automobile in most the the country... getting out of your car and actually being free is an unheard of concept.
>>
>>10824959
Where do liberals get groceries if they only shop at clothes stores?
>>
>>10823871
Because if they wore skinny jeans and had the hitler youth haircut, they would become social outcasts.
>>
>>10824988
depends on where you live but generally this is correct
>>
>>10824262
Not really, people here still spend a lot of money on like sneakers or an overpriced underarmour or nike hoodie but they don't just wear it while working out, it's like casual apparel for them. It's like even when people HAVE THE MONEY to spend on better clothes, they just opt for sportswear or shitty cargo shorts.

As for WHY we allow this, it probably has something to do with our roots not being as heavily founded in class/ status as Europe is. Clothes are typically a sign of status, and here where there's a lot of rural area not a whole lot of people give a damn about status, hence why the only places you'll see high populations of people who seem to give a damn about how they dress are bigger metropolitan areas.
>>
>>10824988
cities and urban its better, but sadly your right about suburbs and hic central
>>
straight men are afraid of being called a faggot, so they dress how everyone else does

90% of women would walk around naked if they could now, but they cant so they just wear yoga pants, the fat ones wear loose tops/sweaters to hide it
>>
>>10824954
>calling things I disagree with bait
is this a new meme?

>>10826904
i'm not saying we are poor. I'm saying we don't see the use in buying quality "expensive" products when walmart has a similar product for way less. we have no pride in our clothes, and there's a lot of ignorance in what to wear.

>>10827336
>straight men are afraid of being called a faggot, so they dress how everyone else does
also this.
>>
>>10824234
hello, what's it like being 15 and discovering /pol/?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.