[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aight y'all, this is baby's first step into the real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: dfs.png (1 MB, 1713x773) Image search: [Google]
dfs.png
1 MB, 1713x773
Aight y'all, this is baby's first step into the real world shoe wise.
Coming from off the rack Jordan's and boat shoes.

I was told that I should shop around for some wingtip oxfords with either full or quarter brouge and found these.

They've got vera cuoio on the bottom and are made in Italy (which I was told is a good thing).

Tell me whether or not I'm retarded and just wasted $50 (sent in a best offer).

I just want to be properly dressed.
>>
literally fedora: the picture
>lemme put this ontop of my $200 scotch to show everyone how much of a refined gentleman i am with my dress shoes

shoes are garbage btw
>>
>>10820084
do not buy used shoes
>>
>i want to be properly dressed
Unless youre a business man and actually make money and youre attractive you will never look good going out like that. You have to look good to pull off that kind of look, if youre buying those shoes obviously youre none of those things
>>
File: 1452363937412.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452363937412.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>10820111
>Unless youre a business man and actually make money and youre attractive you will never look good going out like that. You have to look good to pull off that kind of look, if youre buying those shoes obviously youre none of those things
I'm not ugly/tasteless senpai, just young.

Almost everything I own is either gap or mainline ralph lauren; pleb tier I know but it's not mom jeans and silk yugio shirts at least.

I'm just trying to move up from Sperry's.
>>
>>10820135
>he fell for the menswear meme
lmoa family
>>
i don't get why /fa/ deride formal wear?
dont you people get invited to an occasion where you have to dress up a bit
>>
>>10820145
>he fell for the menswear meme
I'm new to /fa/ familia, there's no meme to fall for.

I've dressed like this for a couple years and now that I'm in university I figured I better step up and start putting together clothes I could wear to a formal that were Mocc toe and blazer-y.
>>
File: 1433954508913.jpg (137 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
1433954508913.jpg
137 KB, 960x600
>>10820193
that weren't mocc toe or blazer-y*****
>>
>>10820084
never brogues....never brogues...
>>
File: 1434232510487.jpg (2 MB, 2600x1950) Image search: [Google]
1434232510487.jpg
2 MB, 2600x1950
>>10820215
There was a thread yesterday with a dozen or so people saying that non-brogued were trash.

Help me understand, with a non-partisan viewpoint, the differences between all of these types/manufacturers and the culture/ideas attached to each.

I'm lost in a sea of memey anecdotes and unsubstantiated opinions.
>>
>>10820226
it all depends what youre going to wear them with.

I only wear dress shoes when I wear a suit so I go for the patent leather oxfords as theyre the most formal.

wingtips are just more casual and id rather wear a nice boot or something than crappy dress shoes.
>>
>>10820233
I imagine I'd pair them with either light tapered slacks or darker tapered khaki cotton pants.

I only wear my cowboy boots with jeans.
>>
>>10820193
Lurk /fa/, dont make threads like this, find a personal style, dont try to dress "classy" in college no one will really give a shit. Just find your style that works for you and work with it
>>
>>10820226
Broguing makes the shoe more casual.
Never wear non brogued unless you're wearing a suit.
If you're going to wear these shoes casually with like chinos or jeans (I'm not too fond of the jeans look but w/e), without a doubt get brogues.
>>
you're trying to learn which is good, but you're on /fa/, so you're in the wrong place to do it. you need to understand that the average /fa/ poster is 17, they're not more worldly than you, they don't know their shit. find places where you can actually see some kind of credentials because this place has retards like me in it who will give shit advice for a laugh
>>
>>10820931
yep
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.