[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fa/ think of Superdry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: superdry-logo.gif (8 KB, 374x120) Image search: [Google]
superdry-logo.gif
8 KB, 374x120
Hello /fa/ how are you today?

What do you guys think of Superdry?

Basically I work for Superdry (In a relatively unimportant position) and just wondered how you position them compared to other stuff out there in a similar price bracket. Just out of personal curiosity really.
>>
garbage mall tier stuff
>>
>>10803422
quality and fabric is pretty good but most of their stuff looks like shit
>>
garbage tier only middle class chinks wear them
>>
The only experience I have with the brand is a peacoat. I like it, but I had to break out the seam ripper to remove some labels. They really like to let you know from every angle that they are in fact superdry. Nice quality for the price though.
>>
>>10803422

superdry is good at marketing to plebs, perfect mall brand

it's obviously not trying to be anything more then that
>>
>>10803450
this
>>
>>10803422
It could be nice if they went for a more minimalist style instead of PUT FUCKING ORANGE EVERYWHERE ITS DISGUSTING BUT WHO CARES SUPERDRY
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
I used this brand a while back, and I can say that most of my shirts had really warm fabric. I began to sweat really fast, if I was wearing a Superdry T-shirt.
>>
The Japanese Hollister, thier backpacks look cute though
>>
File: IMG_3314.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3314.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>10803712
I only have one thing from Superdry, and it's their backpack. I love it.
>>
pls dont relate superdry with japan although they are using japanese words on their stuff.
>>
muji > cotton on > superdry
>>
>>10803422
corny and terrible. worn by tasteless chavs and aging men in the midst of a midlife crisis.
known basically as "the brand with japanese writing on it"
>>
>>10803422
the brand you go to if you want to pretend to elevate yourself from Zumiez tier garbage

It's like Abercrombie except with obscure cred
>>
Just a reminder Superdry is from England, not Japan
>>
>>10804872
wow well done..comme des garcons is from japan not france you faggot
>>
>>10803422
have the windbomber. I like it for the most part even though the fit is tight even though i went up a size
>>
>>10803422
Would be better if they didn't plaster their fucking logos everywhere.
>>
I have a superdry flannel I got as a gift. Honestly it's pretty great. I've never even been to one of their stores so I'm no expert but this one shirt is pretty nice.
>>
I have this jacket for fall and gloomy weather. I love it because the fabric is nice and cozy + the hood fits even over my giant retard head.

I bought it for those reasons only and didn't care for the brand though.
>buying anything based on a brand name

I also agree that they really exaggerate the logo placement and think it's cool to make seams stand out with bright colours.
>>
way WAY WAY too much ornamentation on super dry clothes. we fucking get it

less is more dude
>>
>>10807757
its funny because i was actually talking about this with my brother today at the shopping center. how does all this ornamentation crap get through development? is anyone not seeing this?

and btw my bro mentioned superdry is from England and not jap. LOL
just wow
>>
>>10807775
not to mention ALL THE ZIPPERS???

WOW
>>
>>10807775
eh? it's a british company who went on an 'expedition' to Japan to acquire an aesthetic for their clothing, hence the heavy use of logos and characters and bright colours (City shop/advert lighting in Tokyo and Osaka). The quality is pretty good, but because of the stigma generated from the shitty portion of their userbase (mid-life crisis dads, chavs, etc) and huge and numerous logos (making it easy to identify), it's become an unpopular brand. I have a ton of their t-shirts from when i was younger -they've lasted me ages and fit really well, but I dare wear them on show because I don't wanna look like a chav (I'm a physics student)
>>
File: upload4579189888178974695.jpg (44 KB, 445x543) Image search: [Google]
upload4579189888178974695.jpg
44 KB, 445x543
One of my go to hoodies -thick, warm matches my eyes and goes well with mid-brown hair.
Logo is tiny (for once)
You can find stuff there, but just like the chan, it's like searching for diamonds in a shit heap
>>
>>10803422
Doing a survey?? I'll bite:

Male, 30 years old, height 185cm, weight 89kg, denmark.

I own currently a superdry shirt, hoodie, and a couple of tshirts.

I really like superdry clothes, I just dont own that much of it because its pretty fucking expensive here. Some of the clothes are over the top but there is a lot of it that looks really good IMO and fits my body build pretty good. I am slender but not fit at all, so my stomach sticks out slightly... So I cant exactly fit slim-fit clothes, and larger sizes is way to big because I am not overweight at all. Superdry fits this middle-ground perfectly.

One huge plus is the quality and thickness of the fabric, its very nice, can last for ages, and nice here in the cold climate.

Oh, they could at least have proper real japanese words instead of google translating everything. If I ever walk past a japanese tourist I sometimes think if they mock everyone wearing superdry, just as we westernes mock japanese people for clothes with random nonsense english words on.

LUCKILY here superdry doesnt have the same image as in say the UK because its so fucking expensive. Yet. By that time I might be older and then i switch to Hilfiger anyway, because that looks pretty damn nice. But the pricetag...
>>
>>10804893
what's this got to do with anything sperg?
>>
>>10807818
what size do you wear? I have roughly the same stats as you but the lalst time I tried a hoodie I found everything too tight
>>
>>10807857
same >>10807818
I found that superdry clothes is smaller sizes than normal. 99% of the time my tshirts for example are Large, but with superdry I HAVE to use XL otherwise they are too small. So my own rule of thumb with superdry is go one size larger than you usually would, then it fits perfectly. Try that.
>>
>>10803990
came to post this
>>
File: asahi-super-dry-beer-bottle.jpg (588 KB, 750x2000) Image search: [Google]
asahi-super-dry-beer-bottle.jpg
588 KB, 750x2000
>>10803422
Walked into Superdry store at Mall of America.

No beer.

Walked out.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.