[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will be a depressive thread I started browsing /fa/ around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: o-MAD-MEN-facebook.jpg (115 KB, 814x660) Image search: [Google]
o-MAD-MEN-facebook.jpg
115 KB, 814x660
This will be a depressive thread

I started browsing /fa/ around 2009 and started going /fa/ around 2011. It was a great time, slim fit jeans were fresh, making colour combinations were fun and the way I start to expand my wardrobe with the help of browsing here/mixing my own style felt great.

But around last year I lost my ambition. I mostly know what I want from the industry and mastered my style (kinda similar to shia since I have the similar body type and less skinnier jeans) Now I feel like empty as a void. People nowadays wear everything they didn't before with the help of the internet and everybody is /fa/ nowadays.

How to beat this feeling?
>>
>>10799908

I've definitely felt this before, I've been here for far too long, and sometimes I find myself really bored with fashion in general. What I do when I get like that is try to switch my style by looking at my life. Like think about where you are in your life, and study what kind of art, books, music you consume, and reflect that in how you dress. If not that, then it can help to learn to sew, and just kind of experiment, altering clothes from charity shops and whatnot.
>>
Move on to something more interesting for you or find a different perspective on fashion.
>>
>>10799908
There's something exciting about the novelty of the fashion industry - or any new hobby - that wears off over time.

Sometimes it helps to take a break and try something else for a while.
>>
>>10799908
go on a hippie retreat
>>
File: F.jpg (74 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
74 KB, 900x1600
>>10799946
>>
>>10799937
>>10799931
>>10799922

Been thinking about this and will try this. I think the way to progress in something you love is to be open minded and kinda be adventurous about it.

>>10799946
What!?
>>
2012 /fa/ was the best /fa/
>>
>>10799946
I second this, you'll come out with an award winning idea
>>
>>10800841
dadcore days?
>>
I'm reading more academic journal articles and seeing whats new but yeah I'm waning.
beside the board being pretty boring the whole game has been stale for a bit now.
>>
>>10799946
Coca Cola
>>
>Been attempting to get effay since I found a new job
>Out of school
>Work usually has a dress code
>Can't wear good clothes at my firehouse because what if there's a call
>Don't like clubs
>Go to parties once in a blue moon
>Wondering what the point of putting effort into the way I dress is if I have nowhere to go
>>
File: group1.jpg (14 KB, 244x324) Image search: [Google]
group1.jpg
14 KB, 244x324
>2012
>Gangnam style comes out that summer
>fuck yeah japanese fashion taking over
>tfw laughing at the plebs who dont wear skinnies
>tfw v neck was still on the rise
>fuck yeah desert boots and oxford shirts
>world was peaceful pop music was naive

>2016
>3rd world war started

>mfw
>>
File: mohfukinheart.jpg (22 KB, 472x572) Image search: [Google]
mohfukinheart.jpg
22 KB, 472x572
>tfw getting older
>tfw seeing all the fuccbois and fuccgirls on the streets
>they think that fashion is exciting and new
>tfw I was like that 5 years ago
>tfw just feel like an old greaseball
>>
>>10799908
>everybody is /fa/ nowadays.

that just means you're not truly effay now anon
>>
File: Don-draper-style1 (1).jpg (62 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Don-draper-style1 (1).jpg
62 KB, 650x450
>>10799908
dress like pic related from now on minus the hat
>>
I miss unpop
>>
I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A COKE
>>
>>10799960
Mad Men reference
>>
>>10802799
>the don draper effect
Kek none of those are what he wears though you would need a slim lapel and tie in flannel wool or cotton with medium to wide stripes.

Also I wouldn't go for that look unless you're at least 6' tall
>>
>>10803104
you didn't get my mad men reference tho :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJSRP7cZVo
>>
>he still HASN'T evolved to the point of collecting extant 19th century pieces

MAXIMUM LEL

>he still HASN'T augmented his style with an esoteric hobby like cultivating orchids

TOP TOP POT LEL

>he still HASN'T learnt to synthesize multiple silhouettes / accessories / textures from various reference points across history and culture

Please stop, I'm begging you, this is just too much to handle.

My face when I realize there are people who will NEVER graduate from being told what to wear by teenagers on the internet. They will NEVER become a part of the travelled stylistic gentry who absolutely shit on fashion people and get begged at knife point to work for designers and magazines as full time ineffable muses.

Just kill yourself OP, it's over.
>>
>>10803335
backpack plant-san?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.